onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vales new manager

yorky valiant

We desperately need a decent striker' date=' we haven’t got one.[/quote']

Why are we obsessed with getting in more strikers we have plenty of options now. Whitfield could play up front, am still convinced a new manager could give Miller his mojo back, especially if we got the ball down and played to his strengths, similarly with Harris who looks the same type of player, Elliot looks fast as f**k and Pope will be back i 2,3 weeks.

What I feel we need is someone who can consistently create for whoever is playing up front, to me that is a far more pressing need, but with one day to go, can't see us signing anyone to be fair, not unless whoever the new manager is already knows and has arranged a couple of last minute jobbies on the QT!!

Advert

Whoever the new manager is the timing couldn't be worse,if he's announced tomorrow that will leave him a day to bring any players in.

Smurthwaite should have accepted Aspins resignation a fortnight ago to give the new manager a chance.

#smuthwaitesclueless

If he had done that then Gorman would have had to spend some of his money or be shown to be a little light on the truth shall we say. He did not want to fund any more players at Vale Park, so again has probably enjoyed leading Aspin and the fans on. This way he can have a good laugh and come out later how he enjoyed it and he engineered Aspin leaving like he has done with previous managers and players.

Why are we obsessed with getting in more strikers we have plenty of options now. Whitfield could play up front, am still convinced a new manager could give Miller his mojo back, especially if we got the ball down and played to his strengths, similarly with Harris who looks the same type of player, Elliot looks fast as f**k and Pope will be back i 2,3 weeks.

What I feel we need is someone who can consistently create for whoever is playing up front, to me that is a far more pressing need, but with one day to go, can't see us signing anyone to be fair, not unless whoever the new manager is already knows and has arranged a couple of last minute jobbies on the QT!!

Because the strikers you mention don’t have goals in them as yet so the more options the merrier.

I’d also go along with a creative player as that’s something we lack, Manny offers energy, Joyce a calm head and ball retention and Kay offers.....erm....nowt apart from arm waving and losing ball possession!

New manager will be appointed early tomorrow morning. We don’t need any signings we just need better tactics at home. Any team who has only lost two out of last 11 away matches can be turned around.

Hope the new manager is appointed tomorrow and he already has some experienced players lined up. I feel the squad, or what is left of it is better than last year, just needs the right tactics given to them and we will see a different set of players. You never know we may have enough players to fill the subs list on match day. :laugh:

Get behind the new manager and hope lady luck gives the players and manager a break for once. Also we get a better ref for the game.

Listening to Askey here before his stint at Shrewsbury...he sounds a very balanced manager but then again so did Aspin when he first started

Askey went on to be sacked winning only 4 games out of 17 matches

To be fair he lost 3 of his best players to Ipswich and the loan players Hurst had the previous season also returned to their parent clubs.

Whoever the new manager is it's a gamble a massive gamble, if it was an exact science then everyone would be a winner.

My personal opinion on the manager choice is one which bring stability to the club. We’ve talked about Evans, Kewell, Bowyer and a host of managers and I think there needs to be some calm heads over the choice. Askey might not be fashionable and big appointment but I personally don’t think we need any more drama to add to the PVFC mix right now. This season we all wanted a mid table finish and a side to build on. I genuinely think we have the personnel to build on just not the right tactics to get the best out of them on a regular basis. Askey for me will bring that stability to the Vale. Evans we know will only be with us for 18 months tops because he’s that type of bloke. Kewell even if remotely successful will jump ship once any better opportunity arrives, Bowyer did well with a Blackpool team with no money agreed but I find it strange that no other teams are going on for him.

I think I Askey could bring the same stability that macc enjoyed tonget promoted steady progress and a settled side. Two things that aren’t fashionable but what we need now

To be fair he lost 3 of his best players to Ipswich and the loan players Hurst had the previous season also returned to their parent clubs.

Whoever the new manager is it's a gamble a massive gamble, if it was an exact science then everyone would be a winner.

This is true and Shrewsbury are a small fish at that level that had just had a remarkable season but one that if they failed to get promoted through was not likely to repeat itself. Not the ideal job to take really.

Yeah he had a nightmare really with Shrews inherited a side with guts ripped out in a pretty competitive league. They have only won another 3 since he left too

Shrewsbury lost a hell of a lot of goals from the side who made the playoff final, pretty much before Askey even came in, in his defence.

However from what the locals tell me here he didn't really endear himself to the fanbase with certain comments and although not many Shrews fans expected anything like last season the style of football was pretty dull, and with some pretty ropey performances early doors they never took to him. Apparently he also had a very strange habit of not actually taking the training sessions with the players from what I've heard(although that could be complete ******** but I've heard it off 3 different people).

That said his one signing of quality has turned out to be the black lad upfront in Okenbirhie(sp?) he's banged in 10-12 in an avg-poor side but was injured and on the bench for much of Askey's time there. He's scored most of the goals since he went!

Pugh in charge for Sat???

Askey comes later in the week!!!

Smuthwaite blames the lack of signings on Aspin!!! even though I think he may manufactured this scenario!!!!

It makes you wonder why the blue one asked Aspin to stay. Cynically so as he could leave at the very end of the transfer window giving no time for the new manager to spend in the transfer window. Lets be honest no one believed the 400k was ever there , it was Monopoly money. Sorry Mr Chairman you are in the enviable position where none of your customers believes anything you say.

Archived