onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspins future to be decided.............

blackdog

Advert

Unbelievably pathetic timing, and yet so predictable from that fat mess. Anyone happy with this news is either thick, or a Stoke fan taking the ****. No sane Vale fan would advocate sacking a manager with 2 days of the window left. If he then goes on to appoint askey, as say the rumours, he's literally appointed another non league manager that has failed in the football league. Basically, he's replaced Aspin with Aspin, if you want him out that is.

I don't think Aspin's great, but since Page was forced out, we've had 2 managers each season. Yet another summer rebuilding job is on the cards, and no doubt those too thick to notice the blatantly obvious, will blame the new manager when they bring in a load of cheap **** players with no quality.

Could well be Aspin has had enough of Smurthwaite's pathetic attempts at running the Club? Is Aspin going to demand the signings of his own players before Thursday and he knows Smurthwaite will continue to thwart his efforts thus bringing it to a head....Aspin " give me the money now for my signings or sack me." Smurthwaite " you are joking, I'm not spending anything on this Club, I'm simply taking all the money I can before fleeing myself. You're sacked."

Like the majority, agree he should go but he should have done so 2 months ago or more. The squad is, IMO, better than last year but ludicrous tactics (for whatever reason a la Legge) have cost us so many points at home.

However, to think we are likely to replace him with Askey, another non-league manager notorious for negative football, just beggars belief.

Well actually it doesn’t, as this is Norman “I never lose on a deal” Smurthwaite’s Port Vale. A man who is either a complete imbecile, a pathological liar, a con artist or a pauper. I suspects it’s a bit of all. Plus if his is an example of the FA’s ‘fit and proper’ test to protect something so important in bringing local communities together, then it’s a big two fingers up to the people of North Staffs from the “brains” at Soho Square.

It also shows that 1.) Rudge has no influence / input whatsoever so what’s the point in him and 2.) we have nobody with any knowledge whatsoever running the club (I mean, Garlick, Fradley?)

As I’ve said before, it probably doesn’t really matters anyway whether Aspin stays or goes, we are destined for relegation again this year.

So fellow Valiants, soak up league football while you can.

Unbelievably pathetic timing, and yet so predictable from that fat mess. Anyone happy with this news is either thick, or a Stoke fan taking the ****. No sane Vale fan would advocate sacking a manager with 2 days of the window left. If he then goes on to appoint askey, as say the rumours, he's literally appointed another non league manager that has failed in the football league. Basically, he's replaced Aspin with Aspin, if you want him out that is.

I don't think Aspin's great, but since Page was forced out, we've had 2 managers each season. Yet another summer rebuilding job is on the cards, and no doubt those too thick to notice the blatantly obvious, will blame the new manager when they bring in a load of cheap **** players with no quality.

Smurthwaite wanted Aspin out since at least the end of December but failed to act decisively.

The timing now with next to no time left for the new manager to strengthen is criminal.

Askey must be insane or desperate to think of working for that fool.

I can almost feel the embarrassment for him now, as he's announced as manager on Saturday to bemused silence.

I really hope Aspin stays until the end of the season and that if he leaves he's afforded thanks and dignity.

Askey must be insane or desperate to think of working for that fool.

I can almost feel the embarrassment for him now, as he's announced as manager on Saturday to bemused silence.

I really hope Aspin stays until the end of the season and that if he leaves he's afforded thanks and dignity.

Thanks for what?

The fans in the main want him home and the owner has to act but please god no more non-league managers or people with connections to the club.

Thanks for what?

The fans in the main want him home and the owner has to act but please god no more non-league managers or people with connections to the club.

Thanks for a sterling performance last night, with our strike force depleted and a useless official trying to make it harder and thanks for us now being 6 points clear of relegation- perhaps?

Archived