onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

the club has no ambition part 2.

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

If demolition is the aim, why have just had a lot of new seats in the Bycars?

The cost of a few plastic seats would be negligible compared to his potential returns from the site and it’s contents.

In one episode of the TV series I refer to, the demolition firm in question paid around £185,000 to demolish and clear a school on Merseyside !

It would be fair to assume that Vale Park would be worth at least a similar figure, plus the cost of selling the land itself to developers.

Smurfthwaite would NOT lose money.

If you mean the training pitches, they belong to the council....

You’re right. Councils are rolling in money, so why would they get rid of training pitches when there’s no professional football club to use them?? And nothing bad ever happens where money’s concerned. Just ask those people whose homes are unfortunately in the way of HS2. Or living near to Heathrow.

I simply don’t believe that our decline is happening by accident, I think it’s pre-planned and the only reason I can see is the land and the development potential. I might be wrong.

With regards to demolition costs and clearing Vale Park, I take a different view.

First of all, let me point out that I have no first hand knowledge of the demolition business.

However, there was one of these reality style shows about demolition firms and they actually tendered quotes to demolish schools etc and hoped to return their investment by selling the scrap metal etc. If this is the rule rather than the exception, then Smurfthwaite will have someone clear the site and pay him for the privilege !

Also, just down the road the old Victoria Ground is now a housing estate. So is Ayresome Park and no doubt others, so don’t be fooled into thinking this cannot happen.

It took about 20 years for houses to appear at the Victoria Ground site.

Although I believe it took this long because the ground was contaminated. :wink:

I think Norman Smurthwaite needs to be careful what he expects, as Goldenhill golf course has been sold for only £205, 000. That's a good area of land too. He needs to sell up at a reasonable price now! !

Is that where half the £400,000 promised to us is going:boring:

Smurfwaite is stark raving mad if he thinks he will get any money on Vale Park’s low value land.

His only option is to invest in the club and make it a saleable asset.

Either way, he is stuck. No way out for Norman. You can’t get blood from a stone and Vale won’t generate him any money.

Archived