RayWalkers40yarder

the club has no ambition part 2.

I think it's fairly self evident that the owner of the football club and the fans have different aims.

Norman Smurthwaite probably thinks that things are ticking over fairly well as far as he is concerned, because winning games of football is pretty low down his list of priorities.

I think it's fairly self evident that the owner of the football club and the fans have different aims.

Norman Smurthwaite probably thinks that things are ticking over fairly well as far as he is concerned, because winning games of football is pretty low down his list of priorities.

All Smurthwaite is interested in is siphoning off whatever he can in any way possible of the Club's money. He has BO interest at all in Vale as a Club. He has NO interest in fans, sponsors or anyone putting monies into Vale other than that he can find a way for that money to find it's way into Bank of Smurthwaite. I honestly hope and pray that if he can drain as much money out of us he intends then selling up. A Vale without him is the only way forward even it means we start from scratch again in some way. P.S. I still feel even without Smurthwaite we are going nowhere with Aspin as manager.

Poor excuse the pitch,it's the same for both teams and it isn't like we play carpet football?

Spot on For Us All. Dont lets forget we play on the pitch the most often so if any team is used to it then that's us.

With regards to demolition costs and clearing Vale Park, I take a different view.

First of all, let me point out that I have no first hand knowledge of the demolition business.

However, there was one of these reality style shows about demolition firms and they actually tendered quotes to demolish schools etc and hoped to return their investment by selling the scrap metal etc. If this is the rule rather than the exception, then Smurfthwaite will have someone clear the site and pay him for the privilege !

Also, just down the road the old Victoria Ground is now a housing estate. So is Ayresome Park and no doubt others, so don’t be fooled into thinking this cannot happen.

Edited by RailwayRowdy

I've been involved in demolishing a site - you're right RR that site is worth a fortune.It will be another deal he's not lost any money on.

If demolition is the aim, why have just had a lot of new seats in the Bycars?

The cost of a few plastic seats would be negligible compared to his potential returns from the site and it’s contents.

In one episode of the TV series I refer to, the demolition firm in question paid around £185,000 to demolish and clear a school on Merseyside !

It would be fair to assume that Vale Park would be worth at least a similar figure, plus the cost of selling the land itself to developers.

Smurfthwaite would NOT lose money.

There could be a fair load of asbestos within Vale park.If this is the case then that would cost a fortune to get rid of

Edited by melv

If you mean the training pitches, they belong to the council....

You’re right. Councils are rolling in money, so why would they get rid of training pitches when there’s no professional football club to use them?? And nothing bad ever happens where money’s concerned. Just ask those people whose homes are unfortunately in the way of HS2. Or living near to Heathrow.

I simply don’t believe that our decline is happening by accident, I think it’s pre-planned and the only reason I can see is the land and the development potential. I might be wrong.

I think Norman Smurthwaite needs to be careful what he expects, as Goldenhill golf course has been sold for only £205, 000. That's a good area of land too. He needs to sell up at a reasonable price now! !

With regards to demolition costs and clearing Vale Park, I take a different view.

First of all, let me point out that I have no first hand knowledge of the demolition business.

However, there was one of these reality style shows about demolition firms and they actually tendered quotes to demolish schools etc and hoped to return their investment by selling the scrap metal etc. If this is the rule rather than the exception, then Smurfthwaite will have someone clear the site and pay him for the privilege !

Also, just down the road the old Victoria Ground is now a housing estate. So is Ayresome Park and no doubt others, so don’t be fooled into thinking this cannot happen.

It took about 20 years for houses to appear at the Victoria Ground site.

Although I believe it took this long because the ground was contaminated. :wink:

I think Norman Smurthwaite needs to be careful what he expects, as Goldenhill golf course has been sold for only £205, 000. That's a good area of land too. He needs to sell up at a reasonable price now! !

Is that where half the £400,000 promised to us is going:boring:

There could be a fair load of asbestos within Vale park.If this is the case then that would cost a fortune to get rid of

If it’s the dodgy stuff I doubt the club would be still open,Melv.But,as you say,it would be expensive.

It took about 20 years for houses to appear at the Victoria Ground site.

Although I believe it took this long because the ground was contaminated. :wink:

Yes, lard mines were found there. That was not good enough to grease the palms of the powers in charge. Slippery lot! Oyil take my leave now, lol.

Smurfwaite is stark raving mad if he thinks he will get any money on Vale Park’s low value land.

His only option is to invest in the club and make it a saleable asset.

Either way, he is stuck. No way out for Norman. You can’t get blood from a stone and Vale won’t generate him any money.