onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

the club has no ambition part 2.

RayWalkers40yarder

All rubbish, all your opinion.

You are quick to call others out with your big ‘I’m the man and my opinion is right attitude’. I personally just don’t want to follow blindly like the rest of the lemmings off the cliff when we’ve gone into admin twice and failed the other side of it years later.

I support Port Vale, no-one else and not the next ‘failure’ to take on the club who will be hated and castigated in time. Your attitude is just life in modern football.

See.....

Advert

Of course we stumbled over the line, look at the results. And of course it doesn’t make the achievement any less great, Micky is a genius!

Just pointing out what happened.

I find it interesting that Smurthwaite had no idea what was going on that season, or how much of his money was being frittered away when he kicked out Wildes, yet he still takes the credit for funding these signings. Some mental gymnastics going on there.

I find it interesting that Smurthwaite had no idea what was going on that season, or how much of his money was being frittered away when he kicked out Wildes, yet he still takes the credit for funding these signings. Some mental gymnastics going on there.

What Wildes 'frittered away' was what it took to produce a professional football club. Since he left and Abnorm has held the purse strings, well we can see the result.

He’s actually taken us from the top of league 2 to towards the bottom of league 2. We probably wouldn’t have stumbled over the line of promotion without his cash injection which enabled us to bring in Purse, Griffith and that other idiot at the time.

What’s the point in blindly supporting a potential new owner after the debacle of the last 18 years since Bell especially when we know nothing of long term funding or viable business plans. There will just be thread after thread of hatred being thrown towards the new owner 18/24 months after they take over as that’s the nature of modern football and social media.

Come on REP! I agree we will never know if we have a "good" owner until a few years down the line. Abnorm has had his time to gel this Club together and invest in players, managers, the ground, etc, etc. He has totally failed mate. Look around the fans at home and away games, listen to the many, many decent, long standing Valiants who are sensibly trying to put points across about the abysmal way Vale is being driven out of the League. There is no answer in Abnorms favour, only a few, and seriously it is only a few, people who have been brainwashed to think he is doing a good job. How the he'll can he be? We are attracting no one to Vale, either fans, players or managers. All down to Abnorm mate, no one else. Now Aspin has left he has no one to pin his futile insults or jibes at. I respect anyone' s opinion but cannot for the life of me, ever, see any good or future belief in the man. Take a deep breath and look at Vale's position in the League, look at the way crowds are disappearing, look at the receipt ground we call home. All around us is doom, no optimism. We can do better. Abnorm has had his chance and by crickey he's failed. Again I hold my hands up and agree we just don't know if there are other owners out there that can give the fans what we want and deserve, but it's almost too late, and always will be with Abnorm, for things to change. I want league football for Port Vale. With Abnorm continuing we are heading out of the League. Give us another owner who can save us and gradually bring pride back to the Glorious Number 1 Potteries Club.

Come on REP! I agree we will never know if we have a "good" owner until a few years down the line. Abnorm has had his time to gel this Club together and invest in players, managers, the ground, etc, etc. He has totally failed mate. Look around the fans at home and away games, listen to the many, many decent, long standing Valiants who are sensibly trying to put points across about the abysmal way Vale is being driven out of the League. There is no answer in Abnorms favour, only a few, and seriously it is only a few, people who have been brainwashed to think he is doing a good job. How the he'll can he be? We are attracting no one to Vale, either fans, players or managers. All down to Abnorm mate, no one else. Now Aspin has left he has no one to pin his futile insults or jibes at. I respect anyone' s opinion but cannot for the life of me, ever, see any good or future belief in the man. Take a deep breath and look at Vale's position in the League, look at the way crowds are disappearing, look at the receipt ground we call home. All around us is doom, no optimism. We can do better. Abnorm has had his chance and by crickey he's failed. Again I hold my hands up and agree we just don't know if there are other owners out there that can give the fans what we want and deserve, but it's almost too late, and always will be with Abnorm, for things to change. I want league football for Port Vale. With Abnorm continuing we are heading out of the League. Give us another owner who can save us and gradually bring pride back to the Glorious Number 1 Potteries Club.

Don’t disagree with much of that mate especially if Pugh or Askey are appointed. That being said unless someone is a multi-millionaire and bank rolls us to the god awful Premier League the short term nature of football indicates no owner will ever satisfy fan bases nowadays.

Listened to talk sport a bit in the last week and I’ve heard on phone ins from fans that Tottenham are being sold short by their owners and manager and what’s going on at Newcastle is a ‘national’ disgrace 😂🔫

PS. The manager and the players have hugely underperformed this season.

Don’t disagree with much of that mate especially if Pugh or Askey are appointed. That being said unless someone is a multi-millionaire and bank rolls us to the god awful Premier League the short term nature of football indicates no owner will ever satisfy fan bases nowadays.

Listened to talk sport a bit in the last week and I’ve heard on phone ins from fans that Tottenham are being sold short by their owners and manager and what’s going on at Newcastle is a ‘national’ disgrace

PS. The manager and the players have hugely underperformed this season.

Vale's fanbase would be happy with a sane owner who had some kind of strategy who makes decisions with the best interests of the club in mind.

We don't need a rich person. We need someone who is sane, fairly intelligent and trustworthy.

Agreed' date=' that’s why we shouldn’t blindly follow any old bid. We can’t say genuinely they are good options without clear facts.[/quote']

Norman is the Dell Trotter lookalike who thinks he is a clever businessman but really is an incapable buffoon.

Anyone with a brain could do better than him even if they did not have a lot of money to invest in the club.

Vale's fanbase would be happy with a sane owner who had some kind of strategy who makes decisions with the best interests of the club in mind.

We don't need a rich person. We need someone who is sane, fairly intelligent and trustworthy.

I'm not rich. I'm sane, or was until these past few years supporting Vale, lol. I'm fairly intelligent too but my god I will not be buying Vale. I sympathise with anyone intending to try and buy out Abnorm but feel honestly it will be for the love of football and the Vale, not a strategy to get us into the Premier League. Don't believe most of us want that anyway, just a good day out to watch our heroes perform fully to keep us in Division 2 or even 1 or ,dreaming, the Championship.

I don’t think that would suffice in the long term but I share your romantic vision if they had a clear 5 year plan.

Look at how excited people were about the disgrace that was v2001 and Paul and Norman.

What happens when the ‘new’ owners supply a similar budget to now and the new manager and crap players underperform once again?

The key to everything, and where the current owner has consistently failed with all 4 of his appointments, is the manager. We MUST employ an experienced league manager this time, it’s not surprise really that the last one we appointed was our most successful (only success) since the 90’s.

I'm not rich. I'm sane, or was until these past few years supporting Vale, lol. I'm fairly intelligent too but my god I will not be buying Vale. I sympathise with anyone intending to try and buy out Abnorm but feel honestly it will be for the love of football and the Vale, not a strategy to get us into the Premier League. Don't believe most of us want that anyway, just a good day out to watch our heroes perform fully to keep us in Division 2 or even 1 or ,dreaming, the Championship.

Me too mate, you have to be clinically insane to buy a club at this level. When things are going well there for a zero credit and when things are going badly you are hated.

It’s just an opportunity to become famous in a local community and throw away your kids inheritance.

He’s actually taken us from the top of league 2 to towards the bottom of league 2. We probably wouldn’t have stumbled over the line of promotion without his cash injection which enabled us to bring in Purse, Griffith and that other idiot at the time.

What’s the point in blindly supporting a potential new owner after the debacle of the last 18 years since Bell especially when we know nothing of long term funding or viable business plans. There will just be thread after thread of hatred being thrown towards the new owner 18/24 months after they take over as that’s the nature of modern football and social media.

There you have it, once a WUM always a WUM. Re writing history. Smurthwaite had no idea what that money was being spent on. He got jealous of the adulation, controlled the purse strings, and ever since he's taken the club downwards ever since. Only time we did improve under Page, he didn't like it, so ripped it all up and took us even further down, to the position we're at now.

There you have it, once a WUM always a WUM. Re writing history. Smurthwaite had no idea what that money was being spent on. He got jealous of the adulation, controlled the purse strings, and ever since he's taken the club downwards ever since. Only time we did improve under Page, he didn't like it, so ripped it all up and took us even further down, to the position we're at now.

You can re-write history as much as you like. Ultimately I agree he didn’t know where the money was going but it was his and it helped significantly. What was Wildes going to do without the owners money?

Yes he’s taken us backwards, around 15/16 places in the pyramid which is exceptionally disappointing and the main reason for that is the succession of 4 failed managerial appointments as he hasn’t got one right since Micky left. This time surely no more chancers or non-league managers, we need an experienced man. I also think it’s offensive that a manager should earn less than any player, there has to be a heirachy be it football or any other industry.

You can re-write history as much as you like. Ultimately I agree he didn’t know where the money was going but it was his and it helped significantly. What was Wildes going to do without the owners money?

Yes he’s taken us backwards, around 15/16 places in the pyramid which is exceptionally disappointing and the main reason for that is the succession of 4 failed managerial appointments as he hasn’t got one right since Micky left. This time surely no more chancers or non-league managers, we need an experienced man. I also think it’s offensive that a manager should earn less than any player, there has to be a heirachy be it football or any other industry.

REP we are dying under this scumbag, he is that tight he would have surely known where his money was going and probably part of the plan for wildes to buy n then pass on to this idiot as he was prob more credible to the administrators..

we only ever hear our owners words never any others , when time goes by I believe a lot more will come out as our owner is more crooked than his mates local church spire in chesterfield..

Archived