onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

the club has no ambition part 2.

RayWalkers40yarder

No and neither do I think he will announce what he wants for the club either. I get the feeling some people are just desperate for anyone but the current owner and that’s failed us twice since Bell’s days.
I don't think it's a case of being desperate for anyone, somebody who is prepared to reinvest that what the club is currently generating in revenue profit from all available avenues would be a start.

Advert

I don't think it's a case of being desperate for anyone, somebody who is prepared to reinvest that what the club is currently generating in revenue profit from all available avenues would be a start.

Exactly hence why we should want to see genuine business plans and proof of long term funding. Otherwise it’s complete guesswork as it is with the current owner and v2001.

He won't budge until all the Hughil money is in his arse pocket plus any other dosh he can make from future transfers. Surprisingly, he decided to continue with the club when he realised West Ham were in for Hughil.The sooner he's gone the better. Just take a tour of Vale Park and see what a dump it's become too.

Exactly hence why we should want to see genuine business plans and proof of long term funding. Otherwise it’s complete guesswork as it is with the current owner and v2001.
Unfortunately REP the fans never have no say or are privy to that level of info. That is supposedly down to the governing bodies. Obviously it / they have let us down again, or we wouldn't be in the mess we find ourselves in.

We're not going into it blindly, we know beyond any doubt now that Norman is destroying our football club. I know REP is being pedantic in his reply, (he knows the option I refer to) but rather than focusing on the what ifs of the future, can you at least agree that Norman Smurthwaite is NOT the man to take Port Vale forward. The man has taken us from mid table in L1, to staring at the very realistic chance of dropping out of the football league?

Unfortunately REP the fans never have no say or are privy to that level of info. That is supposedly down to the governing bodies. Obviously it / they have let us down again, or we wouldn't be in the mess we find ourselves in.

Agreed sadly which is why I don’t see how we can judge potential new owners as good options as we have done previously with the current owner and v2001.

We're not going into it blindly, we know beyond any doubt now that Norman is destroying our football club. I know REP is being pedantic in his reply, (he knows the option I refer to) but rather than focusing on the what ifs of the future, can you at least agree that Norman Smurthwaite is NOT the man to take Port Vale forward. The man has taken us from mid table in L1, to staring at the very realistic chance of dropping out of the football league?

He’s actually taken us from the top of league 2 to towards the bottom of league 2. We probably wouldn’t have stumbled over the line of promotion without his cash injection which enabled us to bring in Purse, Griffith and that other idiot at the time.

What’s the point in blindly supporting a potential new owner after the debacle of the last 18 years since Bell especially when we know nothing of long term funding or viable business plans. There will just be thread after thread of hatred being thrown towards the new owner 18/24 months after they take over as that’s the nature of modern football and social media.

stumbled over the line of promotion

Fxck me,is there a worse place for negativity than this forum? Six years on, still thinking we "stumbled over the line"!! Like it made any difference, like it made the achievement any less great to be a part of.

Unbelievable.

Fxck me,is there a worse place for negativity than this forum? Six years on, still thinking we "stumbled over the line"!! Like it made any difference, like it made the achievement any less great to be a part of.

Unbelievable.

It's this lad who lives on here re-imagining history.

We actually got worse once we reinforced the squad - we would've been promoted in March had we not made the signings.

You will never get REP to admit he agrees that Smurthwaite is not the man to take the vale forward.

Like the man himself he is too ego driven to admit it after he has spent so much time and effort deflecting blame and negative sentiment away from the man.

He WILL trot out his line of “I do think he has made mistakes” and “no one can name a credible alternative” and “we can’t just blindly move from one owner to another”...

But he doesn’t have the balls to flat out say he thinks Smurthwaite is the wrong man for the job and is damaging for the club.

Unbelievable.

Of course we stumbled over the line, look at the results. And of course it doesn’t make the achievement any less great, Micky is a genius!

Just pointing out what happened.

You will never get REP to admit he agrees that Smurthwaite is not the man to take the vale forward.

Like the man himself he is too ego driven to admit it after he has spent so much time and effort deflecting blame and negative sentiment away from the man.

He WILL trot out his line of “I do think he has made mistakes” and “no one can name a credible alternative” and “we can’t just blindly move from one owner to another”...

But he doesn’t have the balls to flat out say he thinks Smurthwaite is the wrong man for the job and is damaging for the club.

All rubbish, all your opinion.

You are quick to call others out with your big ‘I’m the man and my opinion is right attitude’. I personally just don’t want to follow blindly like the rest of the lemmings off the cliff when we’ve gone into admin twice and failed the other side of it years later.

I support Port Vale, no-one else and not the next ‘failure’ to take on the club who will be hated and castigated in time. Your attitude is just life in modern football.

Archived