onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

the club has no ambition part 2.

RayWalkers40yarder

Smurfwaite is stark raving mad if he thinks he will get any money on Vale Park’s low value land.

His only option is to invest in the club and make it a saleable asset.

Either way, he is stuck. No way out for Norman. You can’t get blood from a stone and Vale won’t generate him any money.

I value your input TJHV, but why do you think that Vale Park is “low value land” and unlikely to appeal to developers ?

In a previous life, I used to deliver white goods to developers who sold new builds with fitted kitchens to try and entice first time buyers.

Some of the new estates I delivered to beggared belief.

One memory that always stays with me was a development in Hateley Heath, West Bromwich. It made Abbey Hulton look like Westminster. It was a rough council estate in which the worst parts had been demolished, much similar to Middleport. Even the rats wore overalls.

Yet a developer STILL build new private houses on land totally surrounded by a rough council estate.

So my point is that no matter what we may think of the quality of the land for sale, there is ALWAYS a market for it.

Advert

It took about 20 years for houses to appear at the Victoria Ground site.

Although I believe it took this long because the ground was contaminated. :wink:

The conversion of land to housing was conditional and could not be completed until the A500 roadworks had been improved. This caused the initial delay before the arse fell out of the housing market which again delayed the project.

If it’s the dodgy stuff I doubt the club would be still open,Melv.But,as you say,it would be expensive.

The main problem is if it’s disturbed then it can be a big problem.If it’s left alone and not disturbed then it can be ok.

Now is surely the time when any genuine Vale fan should be pulling together to put pressure on Smurthwaite to sell. Anything less, he sees it as a ringing endorsement. Vale fans have been divided for so long, surely everyone can finally see the damage he's causing. Whether through malice, arrogance, lack of effort, or at best incompetence, everything he does for Port Vale has a negative effect. His defenders have said few years, he's trying, he'll learn from his mistakes...in April it'll be 6 years since he took full charge. That's not a short period of time. Enough is enough. Surely now even people like REP, Howjy and the others that defend him regardless, can all see that for the good of the club, he simply has to sell. There are other options, good ones, and deep down you know it. The supporters club, black n gold, everyone needs to organise a huge show of how much we want him to sell up. He hates the fans, he hates the club, he simply has to go.

Now is surely the time when any genuine Vale fan should be pulling together to put pressure on Smurthwaite to sell. Anything less, he sees it as a ringing endorsement. Vale fans have been divided for so long, surely everyone can finally see the damage he's causing. Whether through malice, arrogance, lack of effort, or at best incompetence, everything he does for Port Vale has a negative effect. His defenders have said few years, he's trying, he'll learn from his mistakes...in April it'll be 6 years since he took full charge. That's not a short period of time. Enough is enough. Surely now even people like REP, Howjy and the others that defend him regardless, can all see that for the good of the club, he simply has to sell. There are other options, good ones, and deep down you know it. The supporters club, black n gold, everyone needs to organise a huge show of how much we want him to sell up. He hates the fans, he hates the club, he simply has to go.

If there are other good options let’s see them, everyone wants the club to progress. Supporting a third owner on the trot blind isn’t appealing.

No one wants the last 20 years over again.

If there are other good options let’s see them, everyone wants the club to progress. Supporting a third owner on the trot blind isn’t appealing.

No one wants the last 20 years over again.

Chicken and egg

Let’s see the selfish loser of an owner put a realistic valuation on the club first.

Then let’s see who would be willing to buy it.

Chicken and egg

Let’s see the selfish loser of an owner put a realistic valuation on the club first.

Then let’s see who would be willing to buy it.

I agree he should but apparently there are ‘good options’ out there so it’s not so much chicken and egg.

Also zero point in these good options simply having the money to buy the club, we need to see the funds they can then put in to take us forwards or positive business plans to make us a viable business long term. If the owners going public the good options should do the same.

Time for transparency from all.

I value your input TJHV, but why do you think that Vale Park is “low value land” and unlikely to appeal to developers ?

In a previous life, I used to deliver white goods to developers who sold new builds with fitted kitchens to try and entice first time buyers.

Some of the new estates I delivered to beggared belief.

One memory that always stays with me was a development in Hateley Heath, West Bromwich. It made Abbey Hulton look like Westminster. It was a rough council estate in which the worst parts had been demolished, much similar to Middleport. Even the rats wore overalls.

Yet a developer STILL build new private houses on land totally surrounded by a rough council estate.

So my point is that no matter what we may think of the quality of the land for sale, there is ALWAYS a market for it.

You’re right absolutely the land has value...but millions of pounds worth which is what Smurf wants?

We all know the mine and pit shafts below the ground, we all know the various brownfield sites around the area that have been rotting the decades.

I doubt it would be his first option.

I agree he should but apparently there are ‘good options’ out there so it’s not so much chicken and egg.

Also zero point in these good options simply having the money to buy the club, we need to see the funds they can then put in to take us forwards or positive business plans to make us a viable business long term. If the owners going public the good options should do the same.

Time for transparency from all.

I would question he got us on the cheap and doesn't have funds to take us forwards, that's why we are stuck in reverse as he makes his money on the back of our club,, he aint got the money he claimed otherwise the ground and team would be in much better shape.

we have to take a liars word that the others don't have the finance in place yet they have threw a few 50k around which he seemed happy to take and keep..he didn't save the club as others bid, he has taken us out of the frying pan and into the fire

I would question he got us on the cheap and doesn't have funds to take us forwards, that's why we are stuck in reverse as he makes his money on the back of our club,, he aint got the money he claimed otherwise the ground and team would be in much better shape.

I agree it does seem that way and that’s why after this owner and the evil that was v2001 we should want to see proof of long term funding or a viable long term business plan before supporting any of these ‘good options’ there are no details of currently.

I agree it does seem that way and that’s why after this owner and the evil that was v2001 we should want to see proof of long term funding or a viable long term business plan before supporting any of these ‘good options’ there are no details of currently.

WE ? ....We have no say whatsoever in any deal that Smurthwaite may wish to do IF and WHEN he relinquishes his grip on Port Vale.

He will sell as and when it suits him,we have no say,to say we should see proof of long term funding is naive.

WE ? ....We have no say whatsoever in any deal that Smurthwaite may wish to do IF and WHEN he relinquishes his grip on Port Vale.

He will sell as and when it suits him,we have no say,to say we should see proof of long term funding is naive.

Agreed, that’s why we shouldn’t blindly follow any old bid. We can’t say genuinely they are good options without clear facts.

Agreed' date=' that’s why we shouldn’t blindly follow any old bid. We can’t say genuinely they are good options without clear facts.[/quote']

And do you think Smurthwaite would release details of any prospective deal to supporters for their approval ? I dont.

And do you think Smurthwaite would release details of any prospective deal to supporters for their approval ? I dont.

No and neither do I think he will announce what he wants for the club either. I get the feeling some people are just desperate for anyone but the current owner and that’s failed us twice since Bell’s days.

Archived