onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

the club has no ambition part 2.

RayWalkers40yarder

No investment in the pitch, in a physio, in the infra structure, in the data vests, in the scoreboard, in the January window, in the management, in the summer window or in the team.......hmmmmm!

Advert

Well done Brownie for saying it as it is! Will the owner do anything about it? No chance because what's the point if the ass hole's plans work out the diggers will be in the ground ripping it up before building a housing estate.

I would like to bury him under it if this is to happen.

Do not make that excuse Scott in 1954 we played on a pitch at least 10 times worse with home grown players with heart and skill and reached the fa cup semi final.What was the pitch like when we knocked stoke out of the cup when foyle glided over the mud for the third goal.Then the spurs match with players again with heart and skill overcame a top team its not the pitch its what you put on it that matters for us supporters.
Every pitch was the same 20 years ago so don't go living in the past Hamilboy!

No investment in the pitch, in a physio, in the infra structure, in the data vests, in the scoreboard, in the January window, in the management, in the summer window or in the team.......hmmmmm!

Not sticking up for the blue one here but you have to pick your battles in terms of money here. If you were to spend the money there the pitch would cost minimum 300-500k, data vest and the equipment to use them effectively 20k+ thats likely to be a lot of money. On top of an annual playing budget of around 1.5million. You are looking at a 2million quid investment before any transfer fees. Its a big ask for any owner at this level. Ignoring the fact this probably should have been dealt with before now that is. This is where fans cant have their cake and eat it. The Hugill money wont stretch that far IF he was to spend it. It would however cover a new pitch with the recent installment.

My thoughts are, not one away manager has complained about the surface as far as i'm aware, and we've seen a lot of teams pull us to pieces on it playing some good football. I think Brown is deflecting from the real issue that we've been poorly setup tactically for most games this year and had some bad luck with deflections etc.. We should be better on our home surface than any other team as we should be used to it, however thats not the case.

Let’s stick with the Property Development end goal. He knows he needs to play the long game so invests less and less in the squad each year leading to y-o-y decline; but he has ST revenue from c.3,000 die-hards, sponsorship and EFL payments. So why not take a chance with a few overseas wannabees or ex-Prem youth players like Whitfield because there’s always the chance of another Hugil, especially with the ridiculous acceleration of transfer fees in the Prem. So one way or other he’s quids in. And people say he’s stupid.

Guys lets use maths and common sense to put this rumour to bed. Whats was Smurfs initial purchase of the vale from wildes and the admins? 500k?

running costs for what 6.5 years? easily a loss of 300-500k per year minimum? 1.95 million thats 2.45million pounds. Demolish costs of the stadium must be around 1 million. Theres no way he would make any profit from his investment in a housing development. The land around burslem is worth pennies.

Hes just a ***** business owner who has got himself into such a mess hes hoping a whopper will come along any bail him out. Theres no way he thoughts he would make a profit closing the club down and building houses from day one. Theres also covenant on the land isnt there? As well as him needing council planning to build on the vale site which would never go through.

I predict season ticket renewals will be down around 30-40% come the start of July. NS is doing a good job of killing the club. If we don't get relegated this season, we will next season if he is still in charge.

The quality of the squad deteriorates with each window and we are on a downward spiral.

Enough is enough. Get out of our club.

I predict season ticket renewals will be down around 30-40% come the start of July. NS is doing a good job of killing the club. If we don't get relegated this season, we will next season if he is still in charge.

The quality of the squad deteriorates with each window and we are on a downward spiral.

Enough is enough. Get out of our club.

I don't think we can honestly say the quality of squad has gone down this season at all, the manager just isn't utilising the players in the squad properly. Brown, Legge, Oleyeke, Whitfield and Miller are far better than the players they replaced last year. The negative approach just mean they are useless. Like yesterday starting 1 upfront at home and lashing long balls to a 5ft 8 striker.

I think a decent manager would have us midtable with ease

Do not make that excuse Scott in 1954 we played on a pitch at least 10 times worse with home grown players with heart and skill and reached the fa cup semi final.What was the pitch like when we knocked stoke out of the cup when foyle glided over the mud for the third goal.Then the spurs match with players again with heart and skill overcame a top team its not the pitch its what you put on it that matters for us supporters.

The point is that many pitches were like that in those days. Since then virtually every club in the league has improved their playing surface ..... except us. We still have the original clay based foundation which makes drainage a problem and accounts for the stodgy surface we have. Apart from a few tinkerings over the years, nothing major has been done

Guys lets use maths and common sense to put this rumour to bed. Whats was Smurfs initial purchase of the vale from wildes and the admins? 500k?

running costs for what 6.5 years? easily a loss of 300-500k per year minimum? 1.95 million thats 2.45million pounds. Demolish costs of the stadium must be around 1 million. Theres no way he would make any profit from his investment in a housing development. The land around burslem is worth pennies.

Hes just a ***** business owner who has got himself into such a mess hes hoping a whopper will come along any bail him out. Theres no way he thoughts he would make a profit closing the club down and building houses from day one. Theres also covenant on the land isnt there? As well as him needing council planning to build on the vale site which would never go through.

So if he doesn't want to build houses on Vale Park, which I don't imagine he does, why is he running the club into the ground? Why is he not re-investing a portion of the transfer income into the squad as Bill Bell used to do? Why is he constantly interfering on the playing side by bringing in players the manager doesn't want? What exactly is he playing at? It makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

Watching the Sunderland documentary makes very grim viewing and throws up another issue for me.

Does Norman even care about the number of people at the club behind the scenes who would lose their jobs if we were relegated to none league?

His balance of care has shifted away from port vale to maintaining his own ego and wealth... how he can look the people who work there in the eyes baffles me. What a great man he is!

So if he doesn't want to build houses on Vale Park, which I don't imagine he does, why is he running the club into the ground? Why is he not re-investing a portion of the transfer income into the squad as Bill Bell used to do? Why is he constantly interfering on the playing side by bringing in players the manager doesn't want? What exactly is he playing at? It makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

I think he paid 1.2 million.

He is squirrelling away as much money he can while waiting for the remaining money from the Hugill deal.

While spending the bare minimum to keep the club running.I don’t think you will see him for dust after the last payment comes in.I won’t be surprised if he sells it on ASAP once he has received his money fromthe Hugill deal.

He can then blame the supporters for not turning up to see the rubbish he is serving up.

Archived