onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

the club has no ambition part 2.

RayWalkers40yarder

well its been a while since i last posted on here. mainly due to the vast amount of happy clappers and norman lovers who frequented this forum and by the sheer number of times that whenever i posted an opnion it was shot down in flames. i was right about michael brown. and i was right about the owner. im useless at lots of things. but the one thing im good at is im a good judge of character and i knew then as i know now how right i was about smurf. Norman its time to sell up. youve recouped a large portion of what you deemed to have been "owed" by the club. i still dont know how that works but hey. You said many years ago you never leave a business wirthout it being better off than it was before. well im sorry mate but this time youve been well and truly beaten. the club is in dire straits and only new owners can take it forward. AND I STAND BY THAT VIEW regardless of whether you trip out and it ends up on the back of the biased rag that is the sentinel. :angry:

Advert

The issue is that as Norman continues to scrape every penny he can off his directors loans there is no money to invest in bettering the club.

People need to realise that his mind set has shifted.

Improving Port Vale means NOTHING to him right now. All he cares about is getting his loans down so he can sell the club and say he didn’t lose on the deal (that’s his egotistical need to make him feel like a man)

The problem is that while that happens the club is sinking into oblivion and by the time his loans are paid back one of two things will happen:

1) the club is a shell and there is no more to be made and he will discard it and walk off into the sunset without giving two hoots that he has destroyed a community club loved by so many.

2) he will realise there is more to be made and keep milking... keeping us barely alive in the hope that one youth team player could make him a quick buck.

Anyone who thinks Norman will turn this club around is a fool. And should be ashamed of themselves.

well its been a while since i last posted on here. mainly due to the vast amount of happy clappers and norman lovers who frequented this forum and by the sheer number of times that whenever i posted an opnion it was shot down in flames. i was right about michael brown. and i was right about the owner. im useless at lots of things. but the one thing im good at is im a good judge of character and i knew then as i know now how right i was about smurf. Norman its time to sell up. youve recouped a large portion of what you deemed to have been "owed" by the club. i still dont know how that works but hey. You said many years ago you never leave a business wirthout it being better off than it was before. well im sorry mate but this time youve been well and truly beaten. the club is in dire straits and only new owners can take it forward. AND I STAND BY THAT VIEW regardless of whether you trip out and it ends up on the back of the biased rag that is the sentinel. :angry:
You have plenty much said it all there 40 Yarder. We are hamstrung by a rotten owner who couldn't care less about the club which he is the custodian of. Shame on you, you great windbag.

the only thing I would disagree with is, that I would presume he has had more than his money back and keeps the directors loans topped up high to balance off the money he has made and still taking out the club.

unfortunately the original poster (and others ) were right , but its taking its toll with bad rogue owners , managers- that the hope n belief of being a football fan at our club is evaporating and becoming tiresome, I gave him a chance and hoped we had a magic formula again but its true we are a fading light in the professional game and have been since he took over.

I would love someone to contact/interview wildes to see if there is any honesty there, wouldn't change owt today but our owner needs to called out as he seems to treat and constantly blame everyone else and no one replies back and we know how much a liar the owner is someone must have something to say (other than in adams book extracts)

The old saying goes that there are only two things in life that are certain. Death and taxes.

I would offer there are three. The above two and Vale’s continual demise while this chump is the owner.

If indeed Smurfthwaite has been injured in this latest incident, I certainly wish him no harm. However I shed no tear either.

What about the thousands of tears shed by supporters who’s life is this club during his chaotic reign ?

He cares little of Vale, or us supporters, or anything else that doesn’t fatten his so called “sweety jar”

Consequently I care even less about his well being or otherwise.

For me, the real kick in the teeth is that Vale supporters are contributing to his health care at the Royal Stoke hospital via our taxes.

I find that most galling of all.

To say this thread is stating the obvious is, well.....stating the obvious.

THE CHAIRMAN IS NOT BOTHERED ABOUT THE FOOTBALL SIDE. END OF.

He has separated the club from the ground. Once the club goes out of business, we can do whenever the heck he wants with it.

Mark my words, in 10 years time there will be houses / retail units where we currently watch our football every other Saturday.

And for those who don’t believe me, the only advice I’d give is to start looking for another hobby.

To say this thread is stating the obvious is, well.....stating the obvious.

THE CHAIRMAN IS NOT BOTHERED ABOUT THE FOOTBALL SIDE. END OF.

He has separated the club from the ground. Once the club goes out of business, we can do whenever the heck he wants with it.

Mark my words, in 10 years time there will be houses / retail units where we currently watch our football every other Saturday.

And for those who don’t believe me, the only advice I’d give is to start looking for another hobby.

You may be correct. Two other clubs that he has shown an interest in, Torquay and Nuneaton, are desperate for funds and this shows his intent in my view. Property development.

Smurthwaite ended up with PVFC by default. He has no football background and certainly no affection for the club. There is another certainty in life, one day he WILL be gone, whether by choice or because there is nothing left for him to pick off. What will then be of our club, maybe a Stockport or Chesterfield or just a distant memory.

Let’s stick with the Property Development end goal. He knows he needs to play the long game so invests less and less in the squad each year leading to y-o-y decline; but he has ST revenue from c.3,000 die-hards, sponsorship and EFL payments. So why not take a chance with a few overseas wannabees or ex-Prem youth players like Whitfield because there’s always the chance of another Hugil, especially with the ridiculous acceleration of transfer fees in the Prem. So one way or other he’s quids in. And people say he’s stupid.

I make no apologies for ripping this from Facebook

Just seen this on twitter, astonishing.

If you take out Smith, Kay and Joyce from the starting 10 outfield players today, the other 7 have 210 league appearances between them with 11 goals between them.

And we’re in a relegation dogfight!

Be ashamed Norman.

Sheer utter disgrace #pvfc

In Rob Pages last game the ten outfield players had 2522 English league appearances and 224 goals.

Only 3 and a half years ago.

If you need any further proof how Norman has dismantled and ruined this club, you’re in denial. #pvfc

Apologies to the original poster/ers but it makes unbelievable reading.

Let’s stick with the Property Development end goal. He knows he needs to play the long game so invests less and less in the squad each year leading to y-o-y decline; but he has ST revenue from c.3,000 die-hards, sponsorship and EFL payments. So why not take a chance with a few overseas wannabees or ex-Prem youth players like Whitfield because there’s always the chance of another Hugil, especially with the ridiculous acceleration of transfer fees in the Prem. So one way or other he’s quids in. And people say he’s stupid.

This sums up the whole club.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-0-carlisle-1-2474092?fbclid=IwAR1aRUyOiKJQgiH0KTtJbMpnRh5N-O0s6TJZWcardlw70qVfTq_nVNEQvDo

Didn't we find out that the Nuneaton ground has no right of way over the ground surrounding it which is owned by the rugby club? That should have been the first thing a sensible property developer checked.

"I feel for Speedy because he has had no money spent on it. But it is a very poor surface. To ask people to play football on it is very difficult and, like I say, I feel for Speedy because he has had no money spent on it all and it is difficult for him.“

The word mr of Scott Brown...Norman Smurthwaite WILL NOT INVEST AS REQUIRED at this club.

I challenge anyone to defend him... come on SDL.. speak up!!

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-0-carlisle-1-2474092

"I feel for Speedy because he has had no money spent on it. But it is a very poor surface. To ask people to play football on it is very difficult and, like I say, I feel for Speedy because he has had no money spent on it all and it is difficult for him.“

The word mr of Scott Brown...Norman Smurthwaite WILL NOT INVEST AS REQUIRED at this club.

I challenge anyone to defend him... come on SDL.. speak up!!

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-0-carlisle-1-2474092

Do not make that excuse Scott in 1954 we played on a pitch at least 10 times worse with home grown players with heart and skill and reached the fa cup semi final.What was the pitch like when we knocked stoke out of the cup when foyle glided over the mud for the third goal.Then the spurs match with players again with heart and skill overcame a top team its not the pitch its what you put on it that matters for us supporters.

Archived