KidsgroveVALE

Chairman in road traffic accident?

The abuse his daughter has had to incur since this incident last night is simply quite disgusting. There really are some sub human filthy scumbags that try to associate themselves with our football club.

Freedom of speech should not be curtailed because feelings are hurt. If they are against the law or the rules of the platform used she has a course of action.... it seems to me that if you make a post you are inviting a response.... you may not like the response or agree with it but it's not about not hurting people's feelings... and if you respond to it you perpetuate it.... that's not implying you should not respond.

People are not all nice and fuzzy... they can be complete assholes.... but that's social media... like minded people will agree with you... others won't.

Freedom of speech should not be curtailed because feelings are hurt. If they are against the law or the rules of the platform used she has a course of action.... it seems to me that if you make a post you are inviting a response.... you may not like the response or agree with it but it's not about not hurting people's feelings... and if you respond to it you perpetuate it.... that's not implying you should not respond.

People are not all nice and fuzzy... they can be complete assholes.... but that's social media... like minded people will agree with you... others won't.

All fine so long as etchical and legal boundaries aren’t crossed. Like that urchin who posted on here last night wishing the owner dead.

All fine so long as etchical and legal boundaries aren’t crossed. Like that urchin who posted on here last night wishing the owner dead.

I'm not sure ethics and free speech are necessarily compatible..... could be wrong.

Wishing someone dead is drivel.... if you really wished someone dead go and kill them... then suffer the consequences of your actions.

It's just hot air that smells of flatulence in the wind that is designed for people to hold there noses and get other reactions.

We have had many disagreements in the past...... have we been abusive?... because we don't that doesn't mean everyone is the same... when abuse starts arguments are lost.... reason is lost... everything is lost if you join in.

I think you are being disrespectful to urchins

Unfortunately I feel the family getting upset, can only help us in getting rid,as surely you wouldn’t want to hear or see the comments about your father on social media. And as such might be telling him to leave them to it, they don’t deserve you?

Unfortunately I feel the family getting upset, can only help us in getting rid,as surely you wouldn’t want to hear or see the comments about your father on social media. And as such might be telling him to leave them to it, they don’t deserve you?
Hopefully leaving will not be too traumatic for all parties.

Please Norman do yourself, you're family and Port Vale FC a favour and sell up (for a realistic price) and give someone else a shot at stewarding the club forward.

You have failed to take this club and lost the faith & trust of the fans so do the decent thing.

Weren’t you the person who has been banned for 6 months for trolling.

Smurthwaite has had numerous chances to turn things around and failed every single time. Now the situation we found ourselves in is as precarious as it has ever been. His injuries are minor, whatever happened has been and gone. He has 4 days to try and save this great club's league status, by funding the kind of quality signing we so desperately need. Some may say prices are inflated in January, but what would the cost of relegation be? If he doesn't get up off ************, and work day and night to save this club, then his life will become a complete misery. He's got us into so many messes and failed miserably to get us out of them. Surely now this is last chance. If his ************ daughter doesn't like it now, it will get a hell of a lot worse if we go down.

I'm not condoning it, or threatening it, I'm just stating the obvious.

Edited by Aussie Rules

Smurthwaite has had numerous chances to turn things around and failed every single time. Now the situation we found ourselves in is as precarious as it has ever been. His injuries are minor, whatever happened has been and gone. He has 4 days to try and save this great club's league status, by funding the kind of quality signing we so desperately need. Some may say prices are inflated in January, but what would the cost of relegation be? If he doesn't get up off his ************, and work day and night to save this club, then his life will become a complete misery. He's got us into so many messes and failed miserably to get us out of them. Surely now this is last chance. If his ************ daughter doesn't like it now, it will get a hell of a lot worse if we go down.

I'm not condoning it, or threatening it, I'm just stating the obvious.

I have spent hours pondering on this to the point where the missus gets the hump because she says I spend more time worrying about the Vale than anything else.

The only conclusion I can come up with is owning the Vale must be profitable, because why on this wide earth would you put yourself through all the grief and flak that a) You currently get or b) The aggravation that will surely follow if relegation happens.

I know my family would say cut your losses and run,get your life back,you were retired, remember ? Why put yourself through all this crap, it isn't as though you have a life long support or affinity for Port Vale, Give it up.

Edited by Aussie Rules

Did his wife know about these problems beforehand
I recall a song that Vale fans sang about a Clayton somebody years ago that might relate to what you are suggesting. The mind boggles.

Notts county owner puts club up for sale, stating the buck stops with me! Are you listening Mr Smurthwaite?
Closer to home for him.

I recall a song that Vale fans sang about a Clayton somebody years ago that might relate to what you are suggesting. The mind boggles.
I think the words were" he does naughty things when he wants, Clayton Fortune he does what he wants"

Notts county owner puts club up for sale, stating the buck stops with me! Are you listening Mr Smurthwaite?

I think Smurf has said the club is for sale....it’s just he wants 6m for it...

I've just read up on that Notts County owner, there was an interesting guardian article about him.

And to think he has been lauded on here as someone Smurf should aspire to be like.