onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dodds returns to Chesterfield

Mattholl

Advert

Dodds has more ability than most of the players in our squad but like Worrall the manager has never rated him and he's barely started a game for us.

You do not play the number of games he has in league one unless you have ability, and he is a very intelligent footballer.

I still believe that had he played 25-30 games for us he would have scored goals and set up a few more for Pope but he was never afforded that opportunity.

I don't think he was costing us more than a handful of small coins but because Norman pressurised Aspin to bring him back (like Whitfield) because he was cheap he's never had the full confidence of the manager who preferred to play his own players like Quigley, Hardcastle & Kanu.

Any player who has given us a decade of loyal service and was part of a promotion winning team should be thanked and treated with the respect he deserves.

Funny though how the few who moan about Dodds were also the ones who thought Pope should be dropped last year, hated Myrie-Williams and could see nothing in the likes of Dicko and Grant.

Dodds has more ability than most of the players in our squad but like Worrall the manager has never rated him and he's barely started a game for us.

You do not play the number of games he has in league one unless you have ability, and he is a very intelligent footballer.

I still believe that had he played 25-30 games for us he would have scored goals and set up a few more for Pope but he was never afforded that opportunity.

I don't think he was costing us more than a handful of small coins but because Norman pressurised Aspin to bring him back (like Whitfield) because he was cheap he's never had the full confidence of the manager who preferred to play his own players like Quigley, Hardcastle & Kanu.

Any player who has given us a decade of loyal service and was part of a promotion winning team should be thanked and treated with the respect he deserves.

Funny though how the few who moan about Dodds were also the ones who thought Pope should be dropped last year, hated Myrie-Williams and could see nothing in the likes of Dicko and Grant.

Firstly Aspin was nudged into getting Dodds back by Pope not Smurf. Dodds has probably had 10 games or less worth taking about in 10 years. Every season he started the first few games and ended up stranded on the bench by November. Yes he scored a handful of good goals but that’s it. Flickers of what could be if he actually pulled his pants up and played...Secondly Whitfield isn’t a cheap signing and from what I gather is up there with the top earners.

Myrie-Williams was unplayable on his day and a great player to have, Grant great player, Dickinson first season great. final season bobbins.

Strange how Dodds get bummed to death by vale fans but offered little baring the promotion season yet players like Constantine are ignored and moaned about constantly whilst here. The same people who talk about him being an amazing servant are the same folks who have hounded out. Glover, Grew, Foyle and on the way with Aspin. How come it’s fine to give the real vale heroes a good going over but not little Louis?

So he would have earned that whether he'd been with us or not. Fine, as along as we've cleared that up.

My point being is that everyone’s feeling sorry for a chap who has probably earned more money in 6 months than the average fan does in 2 years. During that time he’s done diddly squat apart from come on and do nothing or if like his last appearance fluff an open goal

My point being is that everyone’s feeling sorry for a chap who has probably earned more money in 6 months than the average fan does in 2 years. During that time he’s done diddly squat apart from come on and do nothing or if like his last appearance fluff an open goal
Nobody is feeling sorry for him...just not unnecessarily starting a thread to be deliberately abusive towards him. Sad.

If some of you lot want to stoop so low as to pillory and vilify one of our most loyal players in the last decade or so and certainly one of the most skilful and intelligent ones we've seen in recent seasons then I think that's poor fare from so-called Port Vale supporters.

I've mentioned before that he is 18th on our all time scoring list (18th not 180th, going way back to 1876). He has played over 330 games for us, including the promotion year under Adams and receiving no wages for a while while we were in administration.

Most of his games have been at league one level where he scored 10 in his last full season with the Shrews. But if you don't play him he can't score. No one will persuade me that if he had played 40-50 games for us this year he would not have scored 7-8 goals which our shot shy, pedestrian midfield very badly needs.

He was no Pele. No one is saying that he was. But he should be afforded a bit of respect for his service to the Club and his skilful midfield play over many years. I wish him well and I'm sorry he has gone back because he's just the kind of player who could get us a goal when we need one in the relegation battle ahead, even off the bench.

The trouble with Dodds was nobody knew where his best position was successive managers did not know, was he a midfielder, a so called no 10 or a striker, or a wide right player.Where ever he played for the vale i think having one good game in eight is not good enough for any team.How many managers has he played under they all cannot be wrong i thank him for his service but move on there have been and hopefully will be far better players than Dodds could be playing for the vale.

Thank **** I've blocked some of this literal scum who post on here. ******* **** heads.

Like putting your fingers in your ears when you hear something you do not like.Typical Dodds happy clappers who thought he was going to score 10 goals but went awol when he didn’t live up to expectations.

If you can’t take it don’t give it.

Dodds is contracted by Chesterfield and would have been paid his full salary by them regardless of whether he chose to come to Vale or fight for his place there. It isn’t greed on his part so don’t make the money argument about him.

Amazing that when the recruitment isn’t up to scratch people go about blaming the staff themselves for being recruited.

But weren’t Vale paying half his wages at £900 a week?

Archived