Walka003

Autonet

I've heard a whisper that the owner of Autonet is interested in buying the Vale and might be in talks with Norman. Has anyone else heard the same?

That's exactly the kind of owner we need. Local, loaded and invested int he local community.

Interesting' date=' who is the owner? Is he / she a Vale fan?[/quote']

I think his name is Ian Donaldson, and I know absolutely nothing about him. It was just a rumor i had heard that's why I brought it onto here too see if people more in the know had heard the same!

They have an operating profit of £9 million according to their accounts.

Whilst that's true, he was brought out in around 2016 (I think) by a huge insurance group, but kept on as CEO. I can't find anywhere on the internet how much it was for, but they recently purchased a much smaller motor bike insurer for 65 million

They have an operating profit of £9 million according to their accounts.

No idea if true about his interest however he is mates I believe with some contacts who are big friends with Pope. He's absolutely loaded and is also mates with Robbie Williams and Jonathon Wilkes.

Ian Donaldson - CEO Autonet and Carole Nash

Ian co-founded Autonet in 1998 in Stoke-On-Trent, and successfully led the business to achieve turnover of one million pounds after just two years. Since then he has grown Autonet to become one of the UK’s largest insurance brokers handling over 1.2 million calls a year and relationships with over 30 leading insurance providers. In 2010, Autonet launched a van price comparison site for moneysupermarket.com and in 2016 he oversaw investment from Highbridge Principal Strategies and Madison Dearborn Partners before becoming part of The Ardonagh Group. In January 2018, Ian was appointed CEO of Carole Nash in addition to his leadership of Autonet.

(From the Ardonagh Group website)

Prob won't make any difference anyway as someone has said Smurthwaite wants at least £7million if not higher and despite Ian (Autonet) being interested for a while, they refuse to pay that much.

This is what annoys fans, some say "But there is no one else out there" Yes there is but Smuthwaite wants stupid and frankly insane money for the club.

A while back he Tweeted he loved the club. Ok Smurthwaite prove it and sell the Club for a realistic amount. Or is it really the case you are prepared to hold the club and fans hostage, and prevent a potentially excellent buyer who would run the club far better, with far better contacts than you, from buying the club, because you "Have never lost out on a deal"

I've heard a whisper that the owner of Autonet is interested in buying the Vale and might be in talks with Norman. Has anyone else heard the same?

That's exactly the kind of owner we need. Local, loaded and invested int he local community.

I doubt that there will be any truth in this. Ian Donaldson is one of many shareholders of Autonet. Glyn someone was the main shareholder. They are Kidsgrove lads. The last rumbles I heard of their fortune was nowhere enough to buy a football club.

I think this was the guy on twitter last week meeting Carol with some rather cryptic vale related hash tags.

There was also a photograph of Carol, Tideswell and one of the KMF owners a few days before with similar tags.

Potential consortium on the cards?

IF there is any substance to this rumour, below is the timeline of the deal.

1. Smurfthwaite claims £50,000 exclusivity rights.

2. The deal is never heard of again.

Sound familiar ?

In any deal he will keep the ground and rent it to the club owners.

Does anyone remember his statement that he would leave the club in a better state than he found it?