onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

Not top 6, half the players are poor, aspin is not up to it, he has consistently signed young kids who nobody else wants. There is no quality at the club. Why sign loads of untried youngsters instead of of one or two established performers? My guess is that Norman was lying again when he says money is available

Advert

Guess to add to Vale's mess, we need a new goal keeper at the end of the season, if not either sold or being offered for sale by Gorman already for saying the pitch is rubbish. How dare he tell the truth about our demise on and off the pitch (literally).

The pitch has always been an issue, which the groundsmen try and sort out each year on the limited money given them.

We constantly bang on about no strikers. Quite right. In my opinion however just as serious is the complete lack of anyone in midfield who is capable of driving us forward, defence splitting passes or even a willingness to actually attempt to link play up.

We are playing with two standing midfielders who look to play passes but don't join in attacks. They are neither defensive or attacking. We should only have one of those but of course when faced with the choice Aspin at half time took off the midfield player and left on his centre half playing in midfield. We obviously couldn't cope if the ratio of central defenders was fall below 40% (44% with 9) of the outfield!

I am being slightly unfair to Kay, he has improved in that role and does do some leadership. But we are so poor going forward.

Glover? Foyle? Horton? Grew? All people that sadly ended up losing the glorious respect of fans for their terrible roles in management with us. None of those were appointed by the current owner.

He’s failing, he was given more than a decent budget for this league and once again like managers before him he’s chosen quantity over quality and such an unbalanced squad. He like the others mentioned above were great players but thick as two short planks when it came to managing players at Port Vale.

PLEASE GOD NO MORE EX-PLAYERS ON THE MANAGEMENT TEAMS IN FUTURE.

The players and managers get away with a lot at this club because of some fans hatred of the owner. Hate who you like but let’s stop letting this manager and god awful players get away with being **** and letting the fans down.

So you truly believe that our last four managers have all thought, quantity over quality is the best option? Wow. There's been one consistent feature during that time, the chairman. He sets the budget, and also the wage structure. We can't compete against clubs in L2 whenever we're in for a player that is wanted elsewhere. If it's not the wage structure, then it's the clubs reputation which he's severely tarnished. How many managers do we blame, before it finally dawns on people that maybe the manager isn't the problem?

So you truly believe that our last four managers have all thought, quantity over quality is the best option? Wow. There's been one consistent feature during that time, the chairman. He sets the budget, and also the wage structure. We can't compete against clubs in L2 whenever we're in for a player that is wanted elsewhere. If it's not the wage structure, then it's the clubs reputation which he's severely tarnished. How many managers do we blame, before it finally dawns on people that maybe the manager isn't the problem?

agreed, people moan about aspins signings, I personally don't think every one is his too, despite his faults as a manager our owner seems to get involved and thrust players to the manager or say have him or no one,, as a manager of pvfc you have more battles behind you than in front just think a unified club from top to bottom could achieve all wanting the best for the club,, we could be just like accy , burton, forest green, Fleetwood all these massive teams..it aint hard but our owner makes it so and cant complain when he gets it back which will only get louder and louder

Of course he’s culpable, he’s the man with ultimate responsibility for the last 4 managerial failures since Adams.

Yes he sets the budget but don’t tell me we don’t have at least a mid-table budget when you look at the 24 teams in the league. It’s consistently wasted by managers since Adams who don’t trust their judgement enough to rely on quality over quantity. Aside from Bruno since Adams none of the managers have wanted their teams to play a positive style of football either.

Since 2014 we’ve all been pretty much bored stupid by the dross on the pitch.

Let’s look at this season, which players have exceeded expectation? I’d say Brown and Brown alone, the rest need to have a long look at their performances and responsibilities to Port Vale.

I think aspin has non-league mentality and thats why smurf likes him! Skull was a great player and a hero of mine, but he dosnt seem to have a clue 're. Man-management, tactics, subs, spending money ect ect.. Players these days will play for any team if they offer more money than the next team. We lost out on a proven goal scorer in pre-season because we didn't offer him enough money. There is no loyalty in football and why should there be ? Whitfield is a prime example and will leave. Shoudnt Norman pay for quality over quantity?

Of course he’s culpable, he’s the man with ultimate responsibility for the last 4 managerial failures since Adams.

Yes he sets the budget but don’t tell me we don’t have at least a mid-table budget when you look at the 24 teams in the league. It’s consistently wasted by managers since Adams who don’t trust their judgement enough to rely on quality over quantity. Aside from Bruno since Adams none of the managers have wanted their teams to play a positive style of football either.

Since 2014 we’ve all been pretty much bored stupid by the dross on the pitch.

Let’s look at this season, which players have exceeded expectation? I’d say Brown and Brown alone, the rest need to have a long look at their performances and responsibilities to Port Vale.

Under Adams Smurthwaite inherited a number of quality players on contracts of a couple of years. Adams couldn't work for Norman and could see what was to come. Since then he has dismantled the lot. I never said it wasn't a good budget, I said the wage structure clearly leads to a high quantity of poor quality players. Why? The answer is out there from Smurthwaite's past ramblings. He wants a return. He isn't prepared to pay for quality and experience as his return wouldbe non existent. Instead he's gambled and gambled on the next hugill, failing every time whilst the club drops rapidly down the leagues. He's looking after number 1. Always has, always will.

Under Adams Smurthwaite inherited a number of quality players on contracts of a couple of years. Adams couldn't work for Norman and could see what was to come. Since then he has dismantled the lot. I never said it wasn't a good budget, I said the wage structure clearly leads to a high quantity of poor quality players. Why? The answer is out there from Smurthwaite's past ramblings. He wants a return. He isn't prepared to pay for quality and experience as his return wouldbe non existent. Instead he's gambled and gambled on the next hugill, failing every time whilst the club drops rapidly down the leagues. He's looking after number 1. Always has, always will.

I wouldn’t say Adams couldn’t work for him especially after he came back to help. Having read Adams book he’s clearly not the worst owner he’s worked for.

A lot of what you presume is conjecture so it’s hard to agree or disagree.

Ah for the days of Micky the Messiah!

I wouldn’t say Adams couldn’t work for him especially after he came back to help. Having read Adams book he’s clearly not the worst owner he’s worked for.

A lot of what you presume is conjecture so it’s hard to agree or disagree.

Ah for the days of Micky the Messiah!

I'm sure Tranmere fans would disagree.

I think aspin has non-league mentality and thats why smurf likes him! Skull was a great player and a hero of mine, but he dosnt seem to have a clue 're. Man-management, tactics, subs, spending money ect ect.. Players these days will play for any team if they offer more money than the next team. We lost out on a proven goal scorer in pre-season because we didn't offer him enough money. There is no loyalty in football and why should there be ? Whitfield is a prime example and will leave. Shoudnt Norman pay for quality over quantity?

If Whitfield leaves because of Aspins poor tactics and player management he will lose any respect he still has.

Whitfield will move on to bigger and better things at Colchester and come back to haunt us.

We are still short of attacking options so need players like Whitfield to play a part if Aspin is serious about keeping his job and Port Vale in the league.

So far he has attracted a 4th tier Spanish league player who won’t bear fruit (if ever) for a couple of years at least.Chris Dagnall is still not getting a game at Bury and would be a short term fix at least.The Dodds wages could be used to subsidise this signing.

Only 4 days left to do anything about signings now.

If Whitfield goes and no incoming decent signings are announced a lot of people will vote with their feet.

Unfortunately being a season ticket holder I will have to suffer the slow death of our club.

Any offers for a season ticket in the Railway paddock?

Spot on! We also have Lee Nogan giving his imput. Can't believe we're so dire attack wise, as he was a good FORWARD !He should stop gobbing off at the defenders and sort out the attackers. 27 goals is woeful Lee! !!!

The last two clearly have. It’s there choice to keep signing a huge amount of the same position. Of course the managers still deserve blame. Yes we can compete with other league 2 sides out budget puts us about mid table. A decent manager could easily improve this side just with some decent bloody organisation. Norman is the overlying problem yes but I don’t understand why you seem to think the manager is exempt from this.

Archived