onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

Advert

We can't say it was bad luck today in terms of winning. It was Miller putting himself at risk of sending off and Miller missing good chances in the first half. We can say we were unlucky to lose.

We played the ball around well but the starting 11 lacked quality with the final cross and final pass.Two new lads were technically very promising and with Worrall nearly rescued second half.

Absolutely mad our tactics. Playing ball around on floor good but with one striker there is often no forward pass available. Then we have not got enough players in the box when attacking.

They are a very average team Carlisle and I have seen both games this season - we have thrown points away against them. All they do is have shape and organisation.

Thought our new defender looked ok as well. Not all doom and gloom I suppose. But we need to start winning or we will go down. That is the bottom line.

How?

You can’t tackle like that in modern day football. Absalutley no need to do it. What was the point? We would’ve given away a throw in that’s it. Just stand him up, you can’t go in with so much force nowadays.

Spot on. It was reckless and for what? Nothing. The blokes on the corner flag and he jumps in studs up. Absolutely clueless once again from a Vale player. Haven’t we got any brains at all in this team.

The way I feel I don’t care whether they go down or not as I won’t be going next season. Completely lost all interest.

We are absolutely awful to watch.

How?

You can’t tackle like that in modern day football. Absalutley no need to do it. What was the point? We would’ve given away a throw in that’s it. Just stand him up, you can’t go in with so much force nowadays.

I agree with Valist, the more I see the tackle the more it confirmed my original view live, that it wasn't even a foul. The ball was clearly won, but I guess football has got to the stage where you are not allowed to make tackles like that any more

We can't say it was bad luck today in terms of winning. It was Miller putting himself at risk of sending off and Miller missing good chances in the first half. We can say we were unlucky to lose.

We played the ball around well but the starting 11 lacked quality with the final cross and final pass.Two new lads were technically very promising and with Worrall nearly rescued second half.

Absolutely mad our tactics. Playing ball around on floor good but with one striker there is often no forward pass available. Then we have not got enough players in the box when attacking.

They are a very average team Carlisle and I have seen both games this season - we have thrown points away against them. All they do is have shape and organisation.

Thought our new defender looked ok as well. Not all doom and gloom I suppose. But we need to start winning or we will go down. That is the bottom line.

Would it be fair to say, that whilst we may have moved the ball around well, it was largely in our own half and side to side and down to the fact that Carlise seemed intent on allowing us to do so. When we got to the half way line, and when we were then pressed, we reverted to our season long type of hitting it long and high, and with only one up front it was almost inevitable it was going to come straight back as it did time and time again, and worse would have done so regardless of personnel used.

Alas, everyone can see that except the one man who needs to!

I have no problem with us playing wingbacks and using Gibbons and Clark in that role. Of all the teams I’ve seen us play this season home and away I genuinely believe that we have potentially 2 of the best full backs in the league. But when we use a wingback system I think the issue is who’s around them. The manager can’t realistically expect to rely on 2 wingbacks with nothing around them to be the creative aspect of the side. It’s completely unfair to expect that given who he picks as the front 3 and the midfield 2. Why play 2 holding midfielders? Why put a centre midfielder as part of the front 3? Wheres the movement coming from? You also need centre halves more comfortable on the ball than just one of the them. The negativity in it comes from the manager because its none of the players fault for being picked if they haven’t got the outlets and movement around them. Basically I think we don’t have enough players that can change a game. Having said that, looking at the last 2 league games where we’ve using wing backs, Carlisle didnt have anyone like that yesterday and neither did Crawley, (maybe only the right wing back Young for Crawley stood out as being someone who was causing us problems in the first half), but in the main they just had a lot of steady players IMO.

I’d thought that for me that front 3 needs some pace in it and I also thought we shouldn’t play Joyce or Kay together. But in hindsight we played really well at Crawley, created chances and were the better side and I also thought first half yesterday we held our own and were well in the game against a top 6 team until the red. Of course there’s things to improve but really I don’t think the last 2 games haven’t actually been all that bad. But we’re crying out for the addition of someone in midfield to go past the forwards or dictate play or be able to see a pass. But with that you also need forward players moving. Second half I thought Harris did well, showed for the full back on the ball, worked the channels and held it up. It’s a pity his appearance was in a game where we only had ten men.

As i didnt go i shouldnt really comment but im.going to as Vale is still very dear to me .

Firstly the pitch is the same for both sides but the energy sapping bog is not good enough and should have been replaced years ago ,but that requires money and a person at the top who recognises that and is willing to invest in a pitch worthy of the lads in Black and White to play on .

Aspin is hurting and he probably has fallen out with the majority of the squad .

My opinion on that is be great at your job and silence the managers wrath .

My manager doesnt need have a go at me as id be out of workand homeless if i didnt deliver .

What makes footballers so precious .

11 men gives you a chance in football been reduced to ten gives the opposition a better chance of winning so Conlon what was that the other night and i aint seen it yesterday but why dive in near the corner flag yesterday apparently .(Miller).

Home forms a complete joke .

Kay and Joyce protecting the back 5 im sorry Aspo if the back 5 still need protecting then they aint very good at there jobs ,i cannot remember Walker ,Bogie ,Taylor ,Van der laan ,Porter protecting the defenders and if they did they bombed forwards to take away the opposition players to create space for our own forwards .

So all in all very sad see Vale doing atrociously .

Crowds are dropping and they will as folk want happiness in there lives not long term misery .

Football was a escape for me all them years but my goaaaarnnning and passion was stiflled by mediocrity on the pitch and i have come away ,it says something where a walk around Trentham gardens is more enjoyable than watching the Vale .

Please sell up Smurf and players lets see some blood on them shirts and a sequence of performances that turn my head and get me back to the ground .

You can all sulk players but all said and done its your doing why folk do not come .

Its almost as though you work for the extinction of my beloved Vale .

If not then improve and quickly .

I have said all along that we have the players to do well but for the right manager and sadly Neil isn't that manager....he says his future is out of his hands,well it could be in his hands if he would do the decent thing but we know he will never do that

I agree with Valist, the more I see the tackle the more it confirmed my original view live, that it wasn't even a foul. The ball was clearly won, but I guess football has got to the stage where you are not allowed to make tackles like that any more

The thing is though there was literally no point in diving in there. There was nothing to be gained at all.

Archived