onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Estimated player budget

Mattholl

Ok so I was bored at work and decided to work out the wage annual budget based on what I’ve heard players are on. 24 players (not inc short term loans)

Brown 2k

Legge 2k

Worrall 2k

Pope 2k

Joyce 2k

Whitfield 2k

Montano 1k

Dodds 800

Smith 500

Kay 500

Tonge 500

Pugh 500

Oleyeke 500

Hannant 500

Conlon 500

Rawlinson 300

Vassell 300

Gibbons 300

Hornby 300

Turner 300

Angus 300

Agho 200

Bens 200

Weekly that comes to £21,800 annually £1,133,600. And doesn’t include any youth team wages or loans bar Dodds who is season long. I don’t think smurf is too far off when he says it’s a competitive budget, also bare in mind this is conservative too with some player possibly earning more like Smith.

Thoughts?

Advert

Ok so I was bored at work and decided to work out the wage annual budget based on what I’ve heard players are on. 24 players (not inc short term loans)

Brown 2k

Legge 2k

Worrall 2k

Pope 2k

Joyce 2k

Whitfield 2k

Montano 1k

Dodds 800

Smith 500

Kay 500

Tonge 500

Pugh 500

Oleyeke 500

Hannant 500

Conlon 500

Rawlinson 300

Vassell 300

Gibbons 300

Hornby 300

Turner 300

Angus 300

Agho 200

Bens 200

Weekly that comes to £21,800 annually £1,133,600. And doesn’t include any youth team wages or loans bar Dodds who is season long. I don’t think smurf is too far off when he says it’s a competitive budget, also bare in mind this is conservative too with some player possibly earning more like Smith.

Thoughts?

Way too low. £200 x 52 is £10,400. You might as well double or triple those lower ones.

Whitfield on 2k per week? Yeah right. We know Dodds is getting £900. Worrall you’re right is on a lot. Smith won’t be earning much more given he is a local lad who has not negotiated a better contract at another club before.

Pope could be on more though? Legge is on a fair bit as he was the highest earner at Cambridge United pre release.

Seems pretty accurate but I’d say 1.5m is an average league 2 budget these days.

I'd imagine Kay is on more potentially but without seeing the figures its impossible to say, if those are just £100 on each player out say then it adds over 100k.

Some clubs like Notts Co, MK, Mansfield and Notts will have far bigger budgets the rest will be similar to ours or lower... clubs like Morecambe for example will be less than £1 million (believe last seasons champions Accrington was quoted as £750k)

All speculation , however i'm not having a professional footballer on 300 quid a week.

You can earn that on minimum wage on a job agency.

Rawlinson for example may of had a job and got paid 100 quid a game at TNS he isn't going to come here for 300 quid a week.

As i say all speculation and guesswork

I cant see footballers also on £300 a week.

I used to date the sister of a professional footballer, he was 18 and was released by Peterborough and went to the Conference on trial and got signed with Ebbsfleet and he only got slightly less than that the league below as an up and coming 18 year old and that was 10 years back.

Taken in isolation we probably have a mid table budget, as others have said. Do we have mid table income and mid table other expenditure? I suspect our income is (or should be, if all football income was included) higher than mid table in this league. I also suspect other expenditure is lower, as running the stadium is being funded 100% by Smurthwaite. Isn't it?

Brown 2k

Legge 2k

Worrall 2k

Pope 2k

Joyce 2k

Whitfield 2k

Montano 1k

Dodds 800

Smith 500

Kay 500

Tonge 500

Pugh 500

Oleyeke 500

Hannant 500

Conlon 500

Rawlinson 300

Vassell 300

Gibbons 300

Hornby 300

Turner 300

Angus 300

Agho 200

Bens 200

Thoughts?

Very conservative with the wage estimates of quite a few. The average in this league is about 50k. Also need to add 13.8% national insurance contributions and the club contribution to the pfa pension scheme.

Very conservative with the wage estimates of quite a few. The average in this league is about 50k. Also need to add 13.8% national insurance contributions and the club contribution to the pfa pension scheme.

If 50k is the average P/A based on 23 man squads it suggests the average wage budget is around the £1,150,000 mark which probably isn't far off. Ours will be higher certainly but we generally have had a bloated squad in numbers!

Brown 2k

Legge 2k

Worrall 2k

Pope 2k

Joyce 2k

Whitfield 2k

Montano 1k

Dodds 800

Smith 500

Kay 500

Tonge 500

Pugh 500

Oleyeke 500

Hannant 500

Conlon 500

Rawlinson 300

Vassell 300

Gibbons 300

Hornby 300

Turner 300

Angus 300

Agho 200

Bens 200

Thoughts?

Nelson won’t be getting paid Matt.

He’s only U16 isn’t he.

Archived