onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Welcome Danny Elliot

AlienTitWrench

Jesus wept. Some of you lot on here need to, at the very, least, watch a guy play before making any judgment at all. Had we been the team to sign Vardy from Stockbridge Park, he would no doubt have got the same welcome. Did you think the same when Ian Taylor was signed from Moor Green, but just couldn't express it as vocally as you are now able to on social media? Give the guy a chance. If he's crap, he's crap, but to write the lad off on the day he signs is just indicative of the negative mentality that some of you have when it comes to all things Vale. I, for one, will be hoping it works out for him, be it here or as a professional footballer elsewhere. Good luck Danny.

Advert

Jesus wept. Some of you lot on here need to, at the very, least, watch a guy play before making any judgment at all. Had we been the team to sign Vardy from Stockbridge Park, he would no doubt have got the same welcome. Did you think the same when Ian Taylor was signed from Moor Green, but just couldn't express it as vocally as you are now able to on social media? Give the guy a chance. If he's crap, he's crap, but to write the lad off on the day he signs is just indicative of the negative mentality that some of you have when it comes to all things Vale. I, for one, will be hoping it works out for him, be it here or as a professional footballer elsewhere. Good luck Danny.

I'm with you on this we've made great signings on paper who've been awful. Always think you need to give a player 10 games to make a judgement.

Yes okay, on paper not a signing to be inspired about but FFS, since when is football played on paper?

Don't get me wrong, I too am totally underwhelmed but my god, many are slaughtering him before he's even had time to know where the tea urn is!

I understand that this is what happens sometimes when the club, any club in fact, is almost at an all time low, confidence almost shot, and hundreds, probably thousands of us,feeling almost disenfranchised from the team we hold dear, but really?

It's like a virus, in fact worse, and as we know from the top down, it's like a cancer that we've all been infected with and with week that passes, grows worse, and then keeps on spreading, seemingly without any known cure.

Look, I am going to try and be generous here and suggest, this crucifying of players, new, old and worse, even existing has got to stop gentlemen.

Okay, with his ongoing indifference, intransigence, continuing lack of investment and support I guess it's hardly surprising, but really, have we stooped so low, that a new lad coming into the club from whatever source, has to be ridiculed, or at best certainly lambasted in this manner. What has the lad done wrong, nothing, it's hardly his fault is it?

But surely we are better than this for heavens sake!

Will he get a chance - possibly not if Aspin has not been involved in bringing him here.

Vale fans will hope it works out and he knocks the ball into the net for the fun of it. Especially as there is not a long line of players coming or even being connected to Vale that have previous league experience so far.

With Gorman in charge of recruitment by the looks of it I don't think there will be any experienced players wanting to come to Vale Park.

With a name like that, I am assuming he can speak English and will be able to communicate with the rest of the squad at least. Maybe that was part of the problem with The European Invasion Part 1 (as well as generally being a load of carthorses) - too many different languages.

Yes okay, on paper not a signing to be inspired about but FFS, since when is football played on paper?

Don't get me wrong, I too am totally underwhelmed but my god, many are slaughtering him before he's even had time to know where the tea urn is!

I understand that this is what happens sometimes when the club, any club in fact, is almost at an all time low, confidence almost shot, and hundreds, probably thousands of us,feeling almost disenfranchised from the team we hold dear, but really?

It's like a virus, in fact worse, and as we know from the top down, it's like a cancer that we've all been infected with and with week that passes, grows worse, and then keeps on spreading, seemingly without any known cure.

Look, I am going to try and be generous here and suggest, this crucifying of players, new, old and worse, even existing has got to stop gentlemen.

Okay, with his ongoing indifference, intransigence, continuing lack of investment and support I guess it's hardly surprising, but really, have we stooped so low, that a new lad coming into the club from whatever source, has to be ridiculed, or at best certainly lambasted in this manner. What has the lad done wrong, nothing, it's hardly his fault is it?

But surely we are better than this for heavens sake!

Don't think anyone is negative about the signing in itself , more case of will he wont be good enough , lets say 10 games to get up to speed = season over then he wont be a league player for very long..

Now if we signed shea and mayor from Bury that would get the pulse racing and create a buzz and we would have a great chance of staying up then add to them in the summer and we are flying but this on the back of everything else is just another punt for the future, all hope is seriously fast eroding.

as has been said many times these signings are good when you have a good set team to come into and they can learn the ropes without the pressure of a relegation fight as literally every game is a must not lose/win as we try to scramble enough points.

Archived