Sign in to follow this  
wwindsor

Protest against the owner all remaining home games.

Smithie, whilst I may empathise with what you wish to achieve. Can I suggest, particularly with todays news that Pope is going to be out of action for quite a while, that any protest is shelved until we have enough points to secure our football league status.

Yes lets have a clear and unmistakeable message during games but its a message of 110% support to the players on the pitch irrespective of their performance. They are going to need it and it will make a difference to their performance if they can play without fear of abuse.

Are you sure!! Leave it till Dope is not injured. The club is going down the pan get real!!!!

It is being done mate, ive put out a poll on both of the fb Vale pages and as of 8pm there are around 220-230 fans that have said they will protest against Mr Smurthwaite at the remaining home games. We just need to get it out there further than here and fb. We are doing all we can mate, i wouldnt find it an inconveinience but others maybe would. Buying a pack of 10 A4 red cards from any local newsagent or retail outlet and handing them out in the pubs beforehand is just easier i suppose but hopefully with the same effect.
Cheers. I and many others are not on Facebook or Twitter so it might be advantageous for those that are, can regularly update all interested fans whatever text, phone media etc they are on. The more this gets spread the better.

Recalling B&G. The Valiants Lounge was visited and also the Director's area. Director's fronted up as they left the game early etc. If folks are serious then there needs a coordinated plan otherwise it'll just drag

It is being done mate, ive put out a poll on both of the fb Vale pages and as of 8pm there are around 220-230 fans that have said they will protest against Mr Smurthwaite at the remaining home games. We just need to get it out there further than here and fb. We are doing all we can mate, i wouldnt find it an inconveinience but others maybe would. Buying a pack of 10 A4 red cards from any local newsagent or retail outlet and handing them out in the pubs beforehand is just easier i suppose but hopefully with the same effect.

Maybe worth contacting the original B+G organisers to see where their red cards were purchased from, they must have bought a couple of thousand of them.

The main organiser posts on here occasionally but it wouldn’t be right for me to name him without his consent.

Maybe worth contacting the original B+G organisers to see where their red cards were purchased from, they must have bought a couple of thousand of them.

The main organiser posts on here occasionally but it wouldn’t be right for me to name him without his consent.

The B&G red card protest saw 5,000 cards printed and distributed at the turnstiles prior to the game. The cards were printed with details of the misdeeds of V2001 and instructions for their use. Fans were asked to hold them up for a couple of minutes at the start of the game and again at the start of the second half if memory serves me correctly. I still have the text somewhere. The idea was to show discontent but not to interfere with the game. They were printed A5 size by a mate who charged me considerably less than cost price.

During the B&G protests several fans went in the directors box during games in Pigs masks.

It just worries me that simple protests won't bother him as he did a runner Sat, so it's got to be really thought out, how to effect him the most.

It would need someone with more time and brain matter to "organise" something bigger than a simple protest or red card protest. I put the poll on fb to guage the actual numbers of fans that were serious about turning up and peacefully protesting. As it stands its 225 which is a good number to start with. If anuone has other ideas then please feel free to look at other options and move this thing onwards, whoever it is will have my full backing and both my wife and I and our 3 daughters will be there at the main entrance and will have whatever cards or banners ready for the game itself..

Any idea how much the aeroplane cost that flew over Stoke trailing the banner at the end of last season.It got plenty of coverage.

Any idea how much the aeroplane cost that flew over Stoke trailing the banner at the end of last season.It got plenty of coverage.

I suspect that there will an aeroplane carrying a banner heading in the opposite direction come the end of this season!!! :sad::sad:

I suspect that there will an aeroplane carrying a banner heading in the opposite direction come the end of this season!!! :sad::sad:

Yes your probably right about that.😁

The B&G red card protest saw 5,000 cards printed and distributed at the turnstiles prior to the game. The cards were printed with details of the misdeeds of V2001 and instructions for their use. Fans were asked to hold them up for a couple of minutes at the start of the game and again at the start of the second half if memory serves me correctly. I still have the text somewhere. The idea was to show discontent but not to interfere with the game. They were printed A5 size by a mate who charged me considerably less than cost price.

I think I still have the card somewhere, it was also done at Macc away if I remember right. I remember when it was being discussed at the meeting and you said Martin, you put the instructions ON the card.

I think I still have the card somewhere, it was also done at Macc away if I remember right. I remember when it was being discussed at the meeting and you said Martin, you put the instructions ON the card.

We have to be patient and persistant with any of the protests, before, during and after every home game to really get at Mr Smurthwaite and make it uncomfortable for him while he is here. It wont happen overnight but at least its a start..Making people from out of the area aware of what is going on and then them asking questions and talking about it will surely put pressure on the owner. K.T.F.

There really needs to be a significant demo by the Sproson statue after every home game to get the message across. I would say 500 bare minimum.

Thats down to us as fans to get of our arses and make up the numbers to make it happen nobody can do it for you!!

A5 won't fit all of Gorm's bullshlt.

If you are up for organising it again I have mountains of content, quotes, screenshots, PMs, article screenshots etc I can provide to help write out the timeline and narrative for on the card, and can bank transfer the costs. Scumthwaite out.