onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Protest against the owner all remaining home games.

wwindsor

Smithie, whilst I may empathise with what you wish to achieve. Can I suggest, particularly with todays news that Pope is going to be out of action for quite a while, that any protest is shelved until we have enough points to secure our football league status.

Yes lets have a clear and unmistakeable message during games but its a message of 110% support to the players on the pitch irrespective of their performance. They are going to need it and it will make a difference to their performance if they can play without fear of abuse.

Been a supporter for 38 years mate and i can say that i dont care if we get relegated as long as this fat tosser sells the club. He can even keep the ground, we dont have to stay there to play our games and so wont have to give the tosser any rent. I just want him out of OUR CLUB and i dont think im the only one who has this opinion..

Advert

I like the cards idea as it has a visual effect.

Red cards was good at Southampton when tensions against Branfoot were high, but it’s not original.

How about a similar card protest, but with a picture of The Blue One (maybe even in his Smurf Wycombe outfit)with a red line through him, like the ghost busters film sign ?

That would be cool !

I’m also in for helping with expenses.

Smithie, whilst I may empathise with what you wish to achieve. Can I suggest, particularly with todays news that Pope is going to be out of action for quite a while, that any protest is shelved until we have enough points to secure our football league status.

Yes lets have a clear and unmistakeable message during games but its a message of 110% support to the players on the pitch irrespective of their performance. They are going to need it and it will make a difference to their performance if they can play without fear of abuse.

I rarely give anything less than vocal support and I'm not advocating any abuse towards the team.... I'm not sure where I've given that impression.

Its not something where we can all just go out and purchase a pack of red A4 cards and spread them around. Printed cards would need more organisation and might be seen as an inconveinience.
An inconvenience? When our Club is facing oblivion! I suggest anyone honestly wanting Smurthwaite OUT should be able to put up with a small inconvenience mate. My reservation is that we on ovf seemingly want action but we need to involve the remainder of Vale fans not on here. That may take some doing but can surely be done?

An inconvenience? When our Club is facing oblivion! I suggest anyone honestly wanting Smurthwaite OUT should be able to put up with a small inconvenience mate. My reservation is that we on ovf seemingly want action but we need to involve the remainder of Vale fans not on here. That may take some doing but can surely be done?

It is being done mate, ive put out a poll on both of the fb Vale pages and as of 8pm there are around 220-230 fans that have said they will protest against Mr Smurthwaite at the remaining home games. We just need to get it out there further than here and fb. We are doing all we can mate, i wouldnt find it an inconveinience but others maybe would. Buying a pack of 10 A4 red cards from any local newsagent or retail outlet and handing them out in the pubs beforehand is just easier i suppose but hopefully with the same effect.

I like the cards idea as it has a visual effect.

Red cards was good at Southampton when tensions against Branfoot were high, but it’s not original.

How about a similar card protest, but with a picture of The Blue One (maybe even in his Smurf Wycombe outfit)with a red line through him, like the ghost busters film sign ?

That would be cool !

I’m also in for helping with expenses.

It would be "Cool" and expensive, blue balloons might work.

Are you sure!! Leave it till Dope is not injured. The club is going down the pan get real!!!!

It is being done mate, ive put out a poll on both of the fb Vale pages and as of 8pm there are around 220-230 fans that have said they will protest against Mr Smurthwaite at the remaining home games. We just need to get it out there further than here and fb. We are doing all we can mate, i wouldnt find it an inconveinience but others maybe would. Buying a pack of 10 A4 red cards from any local newsagent or retail outlet and handing them out in the pubs beforehand is just easier i suppose but hopefully with the same effect.
Cheers. I and many others are not on Facebook or Twitter so it might be advantageous for those that are, can regularly update all interested fans whatever text, phone media etc they are on. The more this gets spread the better.

Maybe worth contacting the original B+G organisers to see where their red cards were purchased from, they must have bought a couple of thousand of them.

The main organiser posts on here occasionally but it wouldn’t be right for me to name him without his consent.

Maybe worth contacting the original B+G organisers to see where their red cards were purchased from, they must have bought a couple of thousand of them.

The main organiser posts on here occasionally but it wouldn’t be right for me to name him without his consent.

The B&G red card protest saw 5,000 cards printed and distributed at the turnstiles prior to the game. The cards were printed with details of the misdeeds of V2001 and instructions for their use. Fans were asked to hold them up for a couple of minutes at the start of the game and again at the start of the second half if memory serves me correctly. I still have the text somewhere. The idea was to show discontent but not to interfere with the game. They were printed A5 size by a mate who charged me considerably less than cost price.

Archived