onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time for Aspin to go and this is why

Mattholl

Probably get shot down for this, but Aspin view was pretty much how I saw it.

With some clinical finishing we could even of won.

I'm sorry but you do deserve to get shot down ! They hit the bar before they scored they could have been 3 up in the first quarter,their goalie only had one real save to make, the Vale are a shocking rag bag of team,to say we could have won is laughable.

Advert

We’ve only one league win since Kay came back into the fold and he was a stalwart of the team last season... prior to that we were inconsistent but getting wins fairly regulalrly at least to keep us well away from danger.

Now I’m not saying Kay is playing bad or anything but does it affect how we play with him in the side as at home do we need him and does it slow us down?

Conlon was regular now doesn’t get a look in for instance whereas I felt him and Manny were forming a decent partnership!

With Kay and Joyce in the team we haven’t got a prayer.

Has Guppy got fixed up?

The reason he has to go is the poor man is deluded. We have lost three home league games in a row by a total of one goal scored to EIGHT goals against and Aspin feels that we could have got something out of all of them when we haven’t really looked like getting anything out of them. 1 win in 11 league games is not acceptable and none in the last seven games is totally woeful. As a life long supporter of the past 55 years, I’m getting to the stage where I couldn’t care less anymore. Aspin out, Smurf out.

Crazy. Game should’ve been over after 5 mins.

I see his point in fairness after the first 20 minutes we dominated however that’s partly down to them possibly taking the foot off the gas as they’d got the lead to hold on to. That said we had a few great chances to score, the Dodds one at the end was horrific! Even worse on the highlights than it looked at the time it’s an absolute sitter. The shot on the post and rebound was unlucky but to be honest I thought as good as Col U were going forward defensively not as good when we got it on the deck.

Today’s line up.

Brown - season’s stand out performer.

Gibbons - not good enough

Clark - not our’s but better performer

Smith - gone backwards after debut season

Legge - seasoned campaigner but over the hill

Joyce - as above

Kay - as above

Oyeleke - non league player

Hannent - better performer but non league player

Whitfield - decent but lacks consistency

Pope - Along with Brown quality player

When will people realise that this team is not even up to the pitiful standards of Division 4 football ?

We are where we are because the players are not good enough. Aspin has not been awe inspiring, but what chance does he have when this is all that is at his disposal ?

I realise that people will say “it’s Aspins team”, but if this is all he’s allowed to sign he may as well **** in the wind.

But please don’t keep saying this is a decent team.

It is not.

Possibly the daftest squad review in history of OVF and that’s saying something 🙈

Today’s line up.

Joyce - as above

Kay - as above

When will people realise that this team is not even up to the pitiful standards of Division 4 football ?

We are where we are because the players are not good enough. Aspin has not been awe inspiring, but what chance does he have when this is all that is at his disposal ?

I realise that people will say “it’s Aspins team”, but if this is all he’s allowed to sign he may as well **** in the wind.

It is not.

Having watched that team today against an ordinary League 2 team, your comments are pretty much the way I saw it. The players are possibly better quality than last season but the team is definitely worse. I thought Clark, Legge and Joyce were very poor today.

I never wanted Aspin in the first place, but up until Christmas I was still behind him as I’m not a fan of getting rid of managers in January as it rarely works (look at Brown and Aspin!).

However, we can’t go on like this and we need to now get rid of Aspin and appoint Paul Hurst (best manager currently available and before he ends up at Luton!). Let him bring a few players in and steady the ship until the end of the season to avoid relegation and hopefully try and finish as near to mid table as we can, then build on a team around Pope, Whitfield, Brown, Olelekye, Legge (possibly Montano, Hannant & Conlon) as the rest can go for me!

Today’s line up.

Joyce - as above

Kay - as above

It is not.

We are in the mess because of bloody aspin. He’s the one with the **** tactics and team selections. He signed the players and he wanted them! You can’t have been many games if you see Hannant and oleyeke as being non league players. Both have been decent. Olyeke wont be here next seaon will be at a better club.

Imagine this squad being coached in the rudiments of the game, being inspired and played in position. Imagine the whole squad being given confidence by the manager and receiving encouragement to attack. We'd be doing fine.

We would. We would be mid table and progressing which is what some on here seem to think we’re doing under aspin. For me the squad is ok. We need more additions but so does every club. It would help if some of the potentially decent lads we had weren’t pushed out at every given chance. Aspin has to go and should have done weeks if not months ago.

Were you there ?

Yes Lorne street. But that’s the issue here you judge a squad on one game.

Brown- Good keeper and possibly best player this year

Gibbons- Raw gives us more on the right than any other squad player though currently

Legge- THIS SEASON a great ball winner but when not 100% fit ropey on the floor

Smith- Too small and gone backwards now average for league 2

Clark- great find and looks a cut above at times

Hannant- this season easily a league 2 player chipped in with a number of decent goals and interest from Bolton due to performances

Joyce- over the hill and lacks mobility

Kay- same

Manny-quality on the ball the problem is with Kay, Joyce and Pope near him he has nothing to hit and has to turn back. Will definitely play in league 1 or higher

Whitfield- inconsistent due to service, loads of talent when allowed to run at players with the ball.

Pope- over the hill, doesn’t jump for headers, first touch like a trampoline. This season as usual dependable for 10-15 goals.

If Port Vale folded tomorrow morning every player that started this game bar gibbons in my opinion would go to a league 2 or higher club. Let’s not forget that because a player starts in non league that’s their level forever Hannant and Manny offer is far more technically and work rate wise than the majority of the rest of the team. Out of the squad I’d say if they were to sign 3 year deals there would be money on the table for those two before any other player in the squad.

Archived