onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Danny Elliot to sign ?

AlienTitWrench

We can't afford to have anyone out on loan, we only just have enough fit players for a match 18. We have absolutely no cover now after shedding 6 players this January.

Cause they were all first team regulars!!?

Honestly not sticking up for anyone here(Norman or Aspin) but this board makes me laugh my sack off sometimes.

Miss out on a part time player from Ireland who we were paying a fee for - people go into melt down.

Potentially sign a part time player from Spain - people go into meltdown.

Can the club ever win regardless of who is in charge.

For me neither of these players is who we need right now. We need premier/ champship youngsters with some energy ala guy, Jones, howkins, knott( when he came on loan). Oh to find a Steve brooker, bridge Wilkinson, McPhee, togwell.

Common dinominator with most of aspins signings, are the are players he has seen during his time in non league and so far most of them will end up back in non league. Let’s hope it’s not with us.

Not against non league signings either, the mix need to be right though. Rudge was brilliant at having the right mix of old heads, steadies, gambles and prospects.

Advert

Whoever we missed out on it wasn't Waters. The player we bid for his still at his club and we might up the offer. Waters was a rumour someone put forward on here, based on interest in him during the summer. I suspect Whitfield is now here for the same role as they are similar players. The 12 bids all turned down story is a rumour; although it may well be true we've sounded out player availability from 12 clubs.

So you're saying you apparently know the player that we bid for.

Without giving names and jeopardising any potential move, please tell me what league this player plays in?

So you're saying you apparently know the player that we bid for.

Without giving names and jeopardising any potential move, please tell me what league this player plays in?

Aspin said they've made a bid for one player and they may go back for him but he's looking at loan options at the moment. I've absolutely no idea who it is. It can't be Waters because he's gone on loan so can't now be sold. So other than its not Waters take your pick from a 20 or 30 possible.

Gibbons may as well go out on loan if he’s going to keep being messed about by Aspin. We all know we’ve got a potentially decent full back on our books, one we should be developing. In addition if Aspins cautious philosophy is to also play centre halves there because of height then why bother keep Gibbons at all. As a club they either rate him as our long term full back option or they don’t and also accept that by the nature of the position not all full backs are going to be 6 foot plus and able to get up and down the wing all game.

I’m looking at it in this way, we will not drop Pope, so no player has a chance of dislodging him as first choice and in addition we dont really play with 2 up front. Also we play a narrow formation and don’t really play with wide men either. Clearly that’s been Aspins approach this season, no out and out wide men, and I think that seems to be his general way of setting up. So why would wide men or forwards come to us because if they did their homework they’d see how we play.

I think you're right and that's one of the reasons why Aspo is struggling to sign anyone. But he has a choice. He can either decide to play a more attacking formation or try, unsuccessfully as he has to date, to grind out a point a game by playing hoofball. If he chose the former, he might well be able to persuade another decent forward to sign but he can't. Which is why it's so depressing to see us missing out on players of the calibre of Waters.

Archived