onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Danny Elliot to sign ?

AlienTitWrench

Advert

And some fans think its Aspins fault why we're struggling this season. Clueless. 400k my arse.

Yes it is ******* aspins fault we’re struggling this season. Sick of explaining it! Budged is mid table for this league. Which isn’t good enough given the sales and prize money we’ve received but we actually signed some very decent league 2 players in the summer and should be doing much better than we are.

As for this transfer I thought the lad was 18/19 and would’ve made sense. But at 23 he kind of has to be good enough now. Which I doubt. Still he’s been on trial with us and aspin himself had said he’s impressed. So who’s fault is it if this one dosent come off?

I honestly wouldn't consider doing a deal with Villa to swap Clark with Gibbons. It would be nice to keep Clark for the season to play left back but if he is deemed above league 2 level then so is Gibbons.... and then some.

JRC, I know you're not comparing Gibbons to Clark but I'm not convinced Aspin doesn't assume Clark is better because he is on Villa's books.

I suspect Aspin's main problem with Gibbons is he ain't very tall. A lot of goals at this level from corners and free kicks.

Gibbons may as well go out on loan if he’s going to keep being messed about by Aspin. We all know we’ve got a potentially decent full back on our books, one we should be developing. In addition if Aspins cautious philosophy is to also play centre halves there because of height then why bother keep Gibbons at all. As a club they either rate him as our long term full back option or they don’t and also accept that by the nature of the position not all full backs are going to be 6 foot plus and able to get up and down the wing all game.

The worst part of all this is that apparently we lost out to Cheltenham for Billy Waters. He turned us down in the summer and has been a bit-part player for the Cobblers ever since. I can't see why we wouldn't be interested in him as he can play wide or upfront with plenty of pace, and scored a cracker against us at Cambridge last season. To me, this sends a huge message - Cheltenham are serious about escaping the drop zone and we can't or won't compete. I'll wait and see who we sign instead but, so far, this is depressing news.

I’m looking at it in this way, we will not drop Pope, so no player has a chance of dislodging him as first choice and in addition we dont really play with 2 up front. Also we play a narrow formation and don’t really play with wide men either. Clearly that’s been Aspins approach this season, no out and out wide men, and I think that seems to be his general way of setting up. So why would wide men or forwards come to us because if they did their homework they’d see how we play.

The worst part of all this is that apparently we lost out to Cheltenham for Billy Waters. He turned us down in the summer and has been a bit-part player for the Cobblers ever since. I can't see why we wouldn't be interested in him as he can play wide or upfront with plenty of pace, and scored a cracker against us at Cambridge last season. To me, this sends a huge message - Cheltenham are serious about escaping the drop zone and we can't or won't compete. I'll wait and see who we sign instead but, so far, this is depressing news.

Whoever we missed out on it wasn't Waters. The player we bid for his still at his club and we might up the offer. Waters was a rumour someone put forward on here, based on interest in him during the summer. I suspect Whitfield is now here for the same role as they are similar players. The 12 bids all turned down story is a rumour; although it may well be true we've sounded out player availability from 12 clubs.

you seem remarkably happy with the progress of our team, all in the garden is rosy and all that as you seem to want to try and correct everyone ...

Complete opposite pal. Look at more posts rather than the last one or two.... noticed you ‘correcting’ me on a different thread about a point different to the one I made.

You think I’m happy with the situation? Your completely wrong I often get shouted down on here for being so down about the vale!!

As far as this signing goes. People are slagging him off as being another bargain signing. That’s fair enough but if the manager has had him on trial and seen him with his own eyes then he clearly thinks he is good enough. No debate there at all.

Archived