onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Danny Elliot to sign ?

AlienTitWrench

Depends on what type of loans and what percentage of wages we are prepared to pay. The loan market is like the transfer market. If we're prepared to pay a couple of grand towards a total wage we get someone decent. Pay board and lodgings only we get a chancer.

If Àndoh is fit he'd have been a good gamble ... ah well!

I know that some of these youngsters are on absolutely ridiculous money, to say the least.

But they are at clubs, that mostly don't care about money anyway.

But we end up loaning f'ing Quigley and Dodds... My 5 year old nephew, would be of better use to the team! :banghead:

Advert

I know that some of these youngsters are on absolutely ridiculous money, to say the least.

But we end up loaning f'ing Quigley and Dodds... My 5 year old nephew, would be of better use to the team! :banghead:

We don't know how much these players are costing the club. A lot of clubs at our level are padding out their squads with loan players they probably aren't paying much towards. If they have a decent half season they get recalled and sent to a club who contribute a higher percentage of the wage. The bigger clubs care about money the second they can get some out of a player .... watch this space reference Clark!

Quigley-blackpool normans mates team

Kanu - Peterborough normans mates team

dodds - chesterfield normans mates team

the Portuguese manager and signings - normans doing

this signing mmm would hazard guess fill in the blanks

hes no idea about football but doesn't trust anyone else with his money and doesn't value the football industry going rate either then repeat

How many bluddy players have Vale had in last few years that have been any good? God the situation is getting worse season by season since a certain person has been here. Stockport away Friday night is around the corner.

Guest TommyMac
The bigger clubs care about money the second they can get some out of a player .... watch this space reference Clark!

I honestly wouldn't consider doing a deal with Villa to swap Clark with Gibbons. It would be nice to keep Clark for the season to play left back but if he is deemed above league 2 level then so is Gibbons.... and then some.

JRC, I know you're not comparing Gibbons to Clark but I'm not convinced Aspin doesn't assume Clark is better because he is on Villa's books.

I honestly wouldn't consider doing a deal with Villa to swap Clark with Gibbons. It would be nice to keep Clark for the season to play left back but if he is deemed above league 2 level then so is Gibbons.... and then some.

JRC, I know you're not comparing Gibbons to Clark but I'm not convinced Aspin doesn't assume Clark is better because he is on Villa's books.

I suspect Aspin's main problem with Gibbons is he ain't very tall. A lot of goals at this level from corners and free kicks.

Quigley-blackpool normans mates team

Kanu - Peterborough normans mates team

dodds - chesterfield normans mates team

the Portuguese manager and signings - normans doing

this signing mmm would hazard guess fill in the blanks

hes no idea about football but doesn't trust anyone else with his money and doesn't value the football industry going rate either then repeat

Wow, he's a popular man then considering most on here believe our reputation is in the gutter and no one will do business with us because we have the worst owner in the league.

If this is true and tweets suggest it is then given what happened two seasons ago this is simply staggering news.

If a comparison with Williamson and a deranged Burge is the best we can muster will someone get me some tablets as I feel a little queasy.

I'd imagine the Spanish 4th tier is shocking

it's parks class.

Guest TommyMac
I suspect Aspin's main problem with Gibbons is he ain't very tall. A lot of goals at this level from corners and free kicks.

You're probably right regarding Aspin's perceptions which is why he wants 5 centre backs in the team but Gibbons tackles better than Clark (although sometimes a little over zealous for the ref) and puts in a better cross.

This isn’t an Aspin or Rudge signing. Makes me wonder if Norman is just agreeing to people he gets offered.

Someone posted in the January Window thread that the soccer coach at Hofstra is a former Stoke player/coach with contacts to Rudge, so there may be a Rudgie connection there. I hope to goodness that this yewth is one for the future and not someone we'll be relying on because US College Soccer and Tercera Grupo 5 is not a level that would prepare you well for the EFL. That said, I hope we give the lad a chance!

The worst part of all this is that apparently we lost out to Cheltenham for Billy Waters. He turned us down in the summer and has been a bit-part player for the Cobblers ever since. I can't see why we wouldn't be interested in him as he can play wide or upfront with plenty of pace, and scored a cracker against us at Cambridge last season. To me, this sends a huge message - Cheltenham are serious about escaping the drop zone and we can't or won't compete. I'll wait and see who we sign instead but, so far, this is depressing news.

Archived