onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Nathan Jones appointed Stoke Manager

jeffers

Well Nathan Jones and Gary Rowatt have something else in commonj, both lost 4-0 on their last visit to Burslem. I think that he is a very good appointment by Stoke and I can see him becoming very successful. It is good to see promising young British managers given an opportunity. I suspect that the Coates family have finally got it right this time, but they have spent millions getting there.

Advert

He's a youngish manager going into a dressing room with a few veteran players who will have played at a higher level than him and who might resent him coming in and telling them what to do. He's got a rebuilding job to do he'll probably have to try to move one or two on. He'll have to manage that side very carefully.

How much control over transfers he'll get will also be interesting to see.

A surprising choice. But I think footballs changing and the old school mentality of those like Allardyce, Moyes and even Mourinho is being replaced by more exciting quicker high energy football.

IMO it will probably prove to be a good appointment for Stoke. I have a good friend who is a die-hard Luton supporter--he has been singing the praises of Nathan Jones for a while now and I know he will be gutted they're losing him!

Nathan Jones: Luton Town boss says only 'something special' will see him leave club - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43898676

I hesitate to call Stoke City 'something special' but it's his choice. Hope it doesn't rebound on him.

Incidentally and interestingly, he's a practising Christian - maybe not a Catholic but I'm sure Peter Coates won't hold that against him.

How does working for Bet365 go down with his Christian values.Do Stoke know we beat Luton 4 nil last season when he was Manager.

Just hope they don’t sack Cartwright and Scholes or they could become in danger of finishing above half way.

Well Nathan Jones and Gary Rowatt have something else in commonj, both lost 4-0 on their last visit to Burslem. I think that he is a very good appointment by Stoke and I can see him becoming very successful. It is good to see promising young British managers given an opportunity. I suspect that the Coates family have finally got it right this time, but they have spent millions getting there.

All written off against tax at Bet365.

Suppose they consider it donating to charity.

How does working for Bet365 go down with his Christian values.Do Stoke know we beat Luton 4 nil last season when he was Manager.

Just hope they don’t sack Cartwright and Scholes or they could become in danger of finishing above half way.

Why does it matter that Vale beat Luton 4 nil ? How does that affect Jones' ability to coach, their league position and record this season seem to show Luton know what they are doing,I wish the Vale were in the same position.

Archived