onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin close to leaving the Vale ?? Staying

Fosse69

Bearing in mind the rubble Aspo saw when he first came here I think he’s done a remarkable job. Compare the team before he took over to now and player for player they are infinitely better. Three years is a realistic timeframe bearing in mind the starting point. I ultimately see Aspo taking Rudgie’s role as Director of football. Continuity just like Liverpool.

Advert

You miss the point as so many others also do: yes he picks the team and he sets them up the way he does but has he been able to sign the players that he really wanted? Looking at the way we have lost out on three targets in the opening 4 days of the January Window I think anyone who can see further than the end of their nose can work out the answer to that one1

Three?? Who besides Sykes? The guy who went Exeter? Because he’s a player that gets mentioned on here, it becomes truth?

On the other hand you’ve probably got a load of fans not bothering to turn up because of who’s in charge of the club too.

I think it’s too much of a generalisation to say Aspin hasn’t got the players he wants. Not every player you want is going to come off which is why managers always have alternative options. There are lots of other factors involved other than just blaming Smurf for every failed signing.

Thank you! Finally someone talking some sense!

You miss the point as so many others also do: yes he picks the team and he sets them up the way he does but has he been able to sign the players that he really wanted? Looking at the way we have lost out on three targets in the opening 4 days of the January Window I think anyone who can see further than the end of their nose can work out the answer to that one1

It appears you can’t.I wonder if one of our players has always got to have ‘highest paid player’ written into his contract?Just a thought.

On the other hand you’ve probably got a load of fans not bothering to turn up because of who’s in charge of the club too.

I think it’s too much of a generalisation to say Aspin hasn’t got the players he wants. Not every player you want is going to come off which is why managers always have alternative options. There are lots of other factors involved other than just blaming Smurf for every failed signing.

Norman owns the club outright and all decisions made since he bought it are ultimately down to him. We are not progressing so it must be his doing.

It’s great to see that the silent majority finally got a voice over the aggressive minority. Hopefully now we can settle down to continue the good work to date Aspo has done in setting up strong foundations for this club to build a team to take us to Division 1. Mid table will be a good start. If we stick with Aspo I think we will be promoted within 3 years. In Aspo we trust.

Are you a Sjoke WUM wanting us to fail? You started a "Brown In" thread last season? Bet you still wear your Patterson shirt around town...

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?31995-Keep-Brown-In&p=757317

Are you a Sjoke WUM wanting us to fail? You started a "Brown In" thread last season? Bet you still wear your Patterson shirt around town...

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?31995-Keep-Brown-In&p=757317

A strange one certainly. Never understood the arguement that "we are really struggling so now is the time to rally round and support the incumbent manager". If that's the case then when IS the time to change the manager? When things are going really well? When things are bobbing along reasonably well (Page)?

Woe is OS,4 days into the window and no signings yet.

Your right,what with bank holidays and the like it will take a few days for the 400k to clear so whats the rush ? Norman has it all in hand,the days of transfer targets slipping through our fingers are in the past.

I agree that player for player we have a better team than last season which begs the question, why are we two points worse off than we were this time last season? That has to be down to the manager and his tactics.

Other teams have all improved, perhaps??

Hahah

Who are these ‘three targets’ then.

We missed out on Sykes, nothing to do with the chairman the fact that their a league 1 club holds difference there.

Aspin signed a fair few he wanted to in the summer. Pretty sure he was desperate to sign miller and has wanted him for a while (his words). Brown, legge, Joyce, manny. All players he wanted to bring in. I’m sure there’s more, rawlinson; been scouring for a while got him in. Hannant ect. Aspin has signed a fair few players that he evidently wanted to bring in.

Strange how fans of some clubs rally round and stick by their team through thick and thin, but ours come depending on a million other factors.

When is the time to criticise the manager then? Our season and year has been dreadful and the recent form and performances even worse.

I am amazed and disappointed that there has been NO official comment on the managerial situation.

A short statement from Smurthwaite or Garlick to the effect that " As a club we are concentrating on going forwards with Neil as manager and are confident that with the support of the club and supporters we can achieve our goals"

To say nothing proves to me for once and all that Smurthwaite is just happy to let things roll along and exist, he's not interested in the Vale bar the revenue he can generate.

Archived