onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin close to leaving the Vale ?? Staying

Fosse69

It’s great to see that the silent majority finally got a voice over the aggressive minority. Hopefully now we can settle down to continue the good work to date Aspo has done in setting up strong foundations for this club to build a team to take us to Division 1. Mid table will be a good start. If we stick with Aspo I think we will be promoted within 3 years. In Aspo we trust.

Good work? I won't ever boo Aspin, but good work? Really?

Advert

Wasn’t there a recent poll with majority voting for no confidence in Aspin?

Would that be a vocal majority or silent majority? Either way it was a majority.

BTW I didn’t vote as I don’t think now is the right time to be getting rid of Aspin but things have to improve before the end of season.

He comes out and puts all the onus on the players. He needs to help them by playing them In their correct positions, not tinkering every week and giving us a chance to be on the front foot instead of relying on long balls to Pope.

It’s great to see that the silent majority finally got a voice over the aggressive minority. Hopefully now we can settle down to continue the good work to date Aspo has done in setting up strong foundations for this club to build a team to take us to Division 1. Mid table will be a good start. If we stick with Aspo I think we will be promoted within 3 years. In Aspo we trust.

I hope you're not a builder....strong foundations yet three years to finish the rest!? I just can't see these foundations you talk about? I don't think him leaving now would have been good but maybe your positivity is more in hope than realism

I hope you're not a builder....strong foundations yet three years to finish the rest!? I just can't see these foundations you talk about? I don't think him leaving now would have been good but maybe your positivity is more in hope than realism

Sometimes having hope is all we have to hold onto. I understand that positivity alone won't get us where we want to be but I honestly wonder how pessimism and negativity is any better.

There's no room for those scoundrels at clubs who've been through far worse than us (Wimbledon, Portsmouth, Luton). Look what a united and positive fan base has done for them.

Wasn’t there a recent poll with majority voting for no confidence in Aspin?

Would that be a vocal majority or silent majority? Either way it was a majority.

BTW I didn’t vote as I don’t think now is the right time to be getting rid of Aspin but things have to improve before the end of season.

I think you over estimate how many people actually use or care about this forum. If you take a rough look at the poll and you base it against an average 4000 attendance it equates too only about 1.93% voting and of them only 1.47% voting Aspin out.Vale have an ageing fan base many of whom do not use the internet, vale as a club need to address this as soon as possible or else the 70 odd that bother to vote on here might be the only ones left.

True but how can anyone say the majority want Aspin to stay? There maybe 4000 who still attend with perhaps majority wanting Aspin to stay but what about those who have stopped attending until things improve?

A poll is a poll and is probably an accurate picture of those who support the Vale.

He is staying, anti or pro, we have to get behind him and the team, but before doing so, is it me, or did he yet again, whilst admitting results have been disappointing, absolve himself of blame for them being so?

Other then say, quite regularly that performances haven't been acceptable I don't think I've ever heard Neil take responsibility for any of those performances

It's either the forwards not scoring enough, defender's not being switched on or making bad mistakes, the midfield for not creating, lack of effort or whatever else he may think of, and now his fate is in the hands of the players!!

No Neil, it's totally in your hands mate, you train them, you pick the teams and where they play within it, and you and you alone are responsible for the tactics they play, not them. If we start winning, and rightly so too, you will not get booed but loudly applauded, but if this run continues (and everyone prays it doesn't) in reverse there will be one person responsible.

All that said, let's now go out and put a few bloody points on the old scoreboard, shall we, enough of this will he or won't he be leaving, let's start climbing the table, ultimately that's what everyone wants

You miss the point as so many others also do: yes he picks the team and he sets them up the way he does but has he been able to sign the players that he really wanted? Looking at the way we have lost out on three targets in the opening 4 days of the January Window I think anyone who can see further than the end of their nose can work out the answer to that one1

On the other hand you’ve probably got a load of fans not bothering to turn up because of who’s in charge of the club too.

You miss the point as so many others also do: yes he picks the team and he sets them up the way he does but has he been able to sign the players that he really wanted? Looking at the way we have lost out on three targets in the opening 4 days of the January Window I think anyone who can see further than the end of their nose can work out the answer to that one1

I think it’s too much of a generalisation to say Aspin hasn’t got the players he wants. Not every player you want is going to come off which is why managers always have alternative options. There are lots of other factors involved other than just blaming Smurf for every failed signing.

Imho, there has been some progress this season.

Signing experience to create a strong spine has largely paid off.

Around them, we have young and/ inexperienced players.

Too many to be successful.

Inconsistency is inevitable.

The squad needs more established players, 7 or 8 if this type, with 3 or 4 filling the gaps.

That isn't going to happen overnight.

So, the need is for more recruitment of players of the required calibre.

Then, perhaps, we will start seeing more of the type of football that we want to see.

Last season, we were a very poor league two side.

This season, a below average league two side.

We all know the historical reasons for this.

The challenge is to rebuild from this very low base.

Aspo has made some progress in difficult circumstances.

The silent majority are the fans who no longer turn up because of the poor football over the past few years.

Strange how fans of some clubs rally round and stick by their team through thick and thin, but ours come depending on a million other factors.

I'd love to know what you've been drinking, lol. Super optimism mate, hope you are right but don't be so freaked out if that doesn't happen.

Archived