onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January window

darren1810

Still no news of the money being spent - is Norman really committed to Aspin as the manager? or is this evidence that Norman ‘being supportive’ means Aspo simply retaining his Job without the money?

I’d hate to see us ‘fritter’ away any monies signing more players on pathetic loan deals where they don’t even play.... 3 seasons we’ve been doing it!

We certainly must have spare ‘old’ money in the pot given how many have now left the club?

Advert

Is it 6 out and none in so far? Saving Norman a few quid I guess.

To be fair, we won't miss ANY of those that have gone out!

Quigley - crap

Kanu - not given a chance

Hardcastle - not given a chance

Barnett - not wanted and were crap for us

Daniels - was he even here??

Lainton - only the physio will miss him, as he was the only one who saw him...

In my opinion, we should look to send Dodds back as well.

As I have understood the Ireland pre season story, the whole squad were allowed a night out to watch England and let their hair down and bond outside the pitch. If my memory serves me correctly, most of the players and Max had it up on their SoMe?

The night out in Ireland was even joked about by Aspin in one of his pre-season interviews in the studio with Lee Blakeman, so it wasn't a secret.

Still no news of the money being spent - is Norman really committed to Aspin as the manager? or is this evidence that Norman ‘being supportive’ means Aspo simply retaining his Job without the money?

I’d hate to see us ‘fritter’ away any monies signing more players on pathetic loan deals where they don’t even play.... 3 seasons we’ve been doing it!

We certainly must have spare ‘old’ money in the pot given how many have now left the club?

We are a week into the month? Do you want to spend it just to spend it, or spend it wisely on a good player in a position we need and can use beyond this season?

I’m sure we can bring in another Mbamba, if you just want to flush it down the toilet?

My feeling is that Smurf is waiting to see what happens tonight and Saturday before backing Aspin with any signings just in case,only guessing though

My feeling is that Smurf is waiting to see what happens tonight and Saturday before backing Aspin with any signings just in case,only guessing though

If he changes a manager a week in to the window we won't have time to sign new players. Rudge was often notoriously slow to spend money when he had. Making poor signs is very quick, easy and expensive to do.

If he changes a manager a week in to the window we won't have time to sign new players. Rudge was often notoriously slow to spend money when he had. Making poor signs is very quick, easy and expensive to do.

Stoke have acted now to give a new manager time in the window

For me he either backs Aspin or gets rid,its that simple for me

And there was me thinking all of that had blown over.

Not bothered about tonight but Colchester I think will be tough. There's a chance they will have a decent amount of possession and the crowd will get on Vale's back if they don't/can't press the ball.

Stoke have acted now to give a new manager time in the window

For me he either backs Aspin or gets rid,its that simple for me

Stokes's manager doesn't have full control over transfers though. Stoke also believe they have the strongest squad in their league ... rightly or wrongly!

And there was me thinking all of that had blown over.

Not bothered about tonight but Colchester I think will be tough. There's a chance they will have a decent amount of possession and the crowd will get on Vale's back if they don't/can't press the ball.

Colchester will definitely be tough. Went to the away game and we were lucky we didn't concede a shed load. They completely dominated our midfield and it was like watching a knife through butter.

So my worry for Saturday is that Aspo will revert to form in fear of losing and pack the midfield to keep them at bay. This will hand them the initiative and play straight into their hands (or feet). Maybe he is thinking that if we can defend like we did against Lincoln we can just sneak something from the game.

His excessive caution makes it look like he doesn't trust his players to attack and until he can build a better squad, I think he is going to stick to a defensive formation simply for reasons of survival. Whether we can make sufficient signings of the quality to change that during the transfer window is doubtful, but we will see. Priorities for me would be a winger and/or attacking midfielder, a striker and, if Mitchell goes back, a full back. Not asking for too much then!

Archived