onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January window

darren1810

Totally agree they are bigger clubs by far!

It’s a shame that under Norman’s stewardship that we dropped from a mid table league 1 club to being the embarrassment we are now who can’t attract players.

Back then a good offer for a mid table league 2 striker would have been a good move for that player... now it’s a backwards step.

We can’t attract players because look at the style of football we play, what are we aiming for as a club? No one knows! We have a manager who is down beat (always!) as a prospective employee - none of that would make me want to join!

We are in the doldrums and we need changes, look how much more positive the Stoke fans are, NJ speaks with passion, knows what excites fans, plays attacking football..... Aspin is the exact opposite.

I want Aspin gone, we need a freshness around the club and Aspin is dividing fans and clearly can’t attract good players in the window that we so need.

Advert

If its on the same table as the Mickey Adams contract.Then he wont beable to spend his January transfer windfall till September.

Didn’t want to go into the red... I wish Smurf would publish a 3 year plan with the Vale.... he’s been very quiet during the last 12 months, we have very little to look forward too at the moment

I wouldn’t trust Aspin to spend it, to then play as he does!

Aspin does have his faults ,so say get rid of as aspin then we have tongue or pugh,,

stoke have just changed manager probably paid off the old one,may still be paying off the prev one , paid £1 million in compensation for the new one +his wage --who do you think we would get in --our owners template is replace with cheaper not pay more , it will end up soon kicking a ball in the paddock the one who catches it will become the new manager but would have to pay for the privilege.

our owner is the problem full stop the buck starts and stops there, the problem is its all about him no one knows better, no one can advise him ,he doesn't value the football industry so wont pay the going rate to get prime players who can do a job--the manager role must be really hard fighting fires behind with more hurdles to overcome than sorting the players and preparing for a game.

not a case of trusting aspin to spend more a case no manager will ever have it, pie in the sky

Didn’t want to go into the red... I wish Smurf would publish a 3 year plan with the Vale.... he’s been very quiet during the last 12 months, we have very little to look forward too at the moment

He cant he be believed in a 2month plan,400k promised not received,a plan to build a pub- not happened,championship football we are stuck in reverse etc etc etc, it doesn't matter about the team he is on the make and must have made more than any outlay back with the amount he has creamed off.

And if certain clubs won’t deal in instalments

?Come back at the end of the month when Aspo has signed nobody and i’ll agree with everything you say.If I was Aspo i’d wait and spend on more choice and better quality in the summer.Dont forget there is a high demand for contract extensions amongst fans aswell.

I guess this just demonstrates once again that I’m not happy with choices 13 onwards and some crappy loans as we fight against relegation... and you are!

I wonder why everyone else demands over the odds prices for players but us?

Do you think we received “over the odds” fees for Alnwick and Grant?

If I remember right we received less than the release clause for Alnwick!

That's a bit contradictory to your statement considering we got those two players for free then sold them for a big profit!

Howjy and the rest of the happy clappers need to chew on this ...

Since October 1st at home we have scored 8 goals conceded 18 and winning 1 drawing 2 and losing 5

For Gods sake wake up and smell the coffee the club under Smurthwaite is in a death spiral.

That's a bit contradictory to your statement considering we got those two players for free then sold them for a big profit!

So we should accept less than something is worth because we didn’t pay much for it? Right out of the Norman school of negotiation that one!

The point is that people are saying you can’t buy in January. What I’m pointing out is that It happens... especially if you find a chairman like Norman that will snap your hand off for your two best assets in a relegation dogfight. No need to replace them... we will survive I’m sure.... oh wait. No. We got relegated didn’t we?

Howjy and the rest of the happy clappers need to chew on this ...

Since October 1st at home we have scored 8 goals conceded 18 and winning 1 drawing 2 and losing 5

For Gods sake wake up and smell the coffee the club under Smurthwaite is in a death spiral.

UPDATE

Since October 1st at home we have scored 8 goals conceded 21 and winning 1 drawing 2 and losing 6

Welcome to Norman Smurthwaites Port Vale

Archived