onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January window

darren1810

Advert

In reality who are you going to get in January? We aren't exactly a great prospect floundering in the bottom half of the table.

The only players likely to join are ones who have been on short term deals elsewhere

Agreed. It’s difficult!

What’s annoying is is there was another club who had made £2m+ on transfer business and they wanted one of our players it would be done and dusted nice and easy.

Norman’s transfer policy is not to invest in the squad to get Port Vale back to where we were before his stupid mistake started our downward spiral.

His transfer policy is to try and claw back his loans until they are down to the level where he can value the club appropriately, sell it and then smugly walk around saying “I never lose on a deal”

Norman cares about Norman... not about our club.

If you are a decent league 1 or 2 player why would you come to the Vale. A club on the crest of a slump, a manager who is in a precarious position and a Chairman who operates using the Donald Trump management handbook. Of course players will come for money but as been previously said we aren't top payers. A typical example was the lad from Motherwell who if I remember right chose Exeter over us, why wouldn't he.

Even if our Chairman is making money available to our manager, and that's a big if, given 2 or 3 other options I can imagine most players would look elsewhere,

1.9m from Hugill.

100k from the Sunderland match.

200k from the run in the Checkatrade.

375k from Alnwick and Grant transfers.

Undisclosed compensation for the transfers of youth players to bigger clubs.

And we're still scratching around for free transfers and offering lads buttons in wages.

Norman Smurthwaite's Port Vale Football Club.

1.9m from Hugill.

And we're still scratching around for free transfers and offering lads buttons in wages.

Exactly!! Well put!

The Smurf Protection league dont like it but it’s clear that he is protecting himself over and above improving the Vale.

Especially when the Hugil fee is way more than anyone would have expected and came out of the blue at the peak of his career and value.

The % reinvested in the squad would total less that 5% if I’m being generous on what we paid for miller and Hannant. And yet people defend the man.

It’s actually really sad to watch the decline!

Exactly!! Well put!

The Smurf Protection league dont like it but it’s clear that he is protecting himself over and above improving the Vale.

Especially when the Hugil fee is way more than anyone would have expected and came out of the blue at the peak of his career and value.

The % reinvested in the squad would total less that 5% if I’m being generous on what we paid for miller and Hannant. And yet people defend the man.

It’s actually really sad to watch the decline!

Agree with all that except the Hugill transfer fee didn't come out of the blue. Smurthwaite had been creaming his pants for over 12 months prior to his eventual transfer.

I am amazed that some supporters have been "taken in" with the money our crook of an owner said would be available in the January window. Its about time that supporters let him know how we really feel. It would be good if there were banners in every section, spelling out that WE WANT HIM GONE!! Support the players on the pitch but make sure he knows we want him gone from owning the club and the ground.

Which considering we have sent back 2 forwards a midfielder and a winger is staggering surely , the last position we need to sign or loan anybody is in defence.

I'm not sure about that... we desperately need a recognised left back. But I do tend to agree - if we sign another centre half this window I will scream.

1.9m from Hugill.

You have missed out the confidentiality payments Circa 150K

You have missed out the confidentiality payments Circa 150K

You're right, Mario.

If you add up all the unexpected 'bonus' income we've got over the past two years, it's in the region of the figure usually quoted as the 'directors loan' (a lovely way of describing year after year of costly financial mismanagement). I'd be happy as larry if NS had taken every penny of this and stuck it in his back pocket if it meant that he would sell the club for the price he bought it for. However, I suspect he's not only pocketing this money, but also not taking anything off that 'directors loan', and wanting more than he paid for the club - which is why any interested party is priced out of a deal.

Horrible that this guy is doing this and some Vales fans either aren't bothered or others simply drift away (I'm probably (horribly) part of this category) - causing irreparable long term damage to the football club.

I hope all of you ************ Smurthwaite supporters are now starting to see what damage this ******** is doing to OUR club.

£2.7m earned since January 2017.

Smurthwaite promising, and I quote "the TV money from the Sunderland game, plus the 2nd installment from the Hugill transfer WILL GO TOWARDS FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR THE MANAGER IN THE JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW".

Then we go and sign a 23 year old nobody that has been playing in the Spanish 5th division while Aspin admits he will only sign loans this January.

Everyone needs to wake up before it's too late.

Get angry.

Get hostile.

Get active.

We are National League bound with this owner.

Archived