onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

'Abuse'

Hagrid

Following on from Neil Aspin's comments about getting 'abused' on Boxing Day, our captain Tom Pope responded tweets (since deleted) on social media saying 'you need to stop writing Sentinel articles and put more goals in the onion bag' with:

"My turn is it? 3 games without a goal Pope is **** again! I’ve not been here before have I? �������� go eat **** and if you’re offended go eat a big massive pile of ****! #******"

When the same fan responded with "nice way to talk to your fans", Tom responded:

"You are doing my ******* head in! You keep replying to my comments because you’re offended because they are aimed at you! You’re a <ovf censored>, a fan that can’t be pleased, a fan that would rather abuse than congratulate! Go eat **** you bell I’ve seen you long enough"

Can anyone really justify these comments as 'giving it back, as he should, the right proper lad"? Massive overreaction from Pope imo.

In my eyes, comments like the ones from the fan, whilst a bit silly, cannot be constituted as abuse, and yet Tom has responded with vitriolic language, claiming he needs to 'prove the haters wrong', despite no one seemingly hating him and Vale fans simply asking him previously why we aren't playing very well.

Loads will think its 'class' that Pope is showing passhun and dedicashun to the cause by calling a fan a <ovf censored>, but really I'd much prefer him to show it by motivating the squad and improving results, as opposed to abusing a fan on the internet.

It simply intrigues me that both Pope and Aspin seem to be labelling criticism as 'abuse', and people are lapping it up. Its almost a politician's ploy; frame any criticism of us as 'personal abuse' and get them to stop. To hear that Nogan and Pugh gave a mouthful to fans on Boxing Day only reinforces a certain 'us vs them' mentality that seems to permeate the club. Can anyone detail the actual comments made to the dugout? Were they personal abuse that would justify swearing in front of children, or was it simple criticism of the obvious poor job the management team are doing?

I'll be derided as a sensitive do-gooder but personally I don't think a club captain of a club haemorrghing fans should really be on twitter calling a fan (who claimed he's writing too many columns") a bell-end, a ******, and told to 'eat ****'. Imagine following Pope, as a neutral. You'd hardly be convinced to come to the thought "Vale sounds like an ideal place to take my little lad".

Exchanges like the above erode what little care I had left for Port Vale in its current iteration. Pope hasn't been abused, sworn at, personally criticised, receiving one fairly silly comment from one fan, and has been at it on Twitter all night, claiming football has 'ups and downs'. He conspicuously fails to respond to comments we've won 9 in 46 this year.

I'm sure to be in the minority as all Pope says and does is worshipped. He's a legend, and a fantastic player we're indebted to, but actions like tonight sort of kill of any connection I thought I had with this squad.

The club is completely rotten; we really need big change soon. This sort of interactions are symptomatic of the state we are in; divided, without hope, and a disconnect from fans to players.

Advert

Tom Pope is the only striker we have got at the vale at the moment his attributes are his heading ability and general control of a ball, his failings stand out through his lack of pace.We all know that he loves the vale like we all do but let us not go over the top in my many years of watching the vale Tom would not be in my top ten of vale strikers that i have seen wearing vale colours.

Tom Pope is the only striker we have got at the vale at the moment his attributes are his heading ability and general control of a ball, his failings stand out through his lack of pace.We all know that he loves the vale like we all do but let us not go over the top in my many years of watching the vale Tom would not be in my top ten of vale strikers that i have seen wearing vale colours.

A vale fan who scored 33 goals in one season and physically dragged us, starting with that Cheltenham home game at Easter, to automatic promotion wouldn't be in your top 10? Really?

He's been a weapon tonight. Doesn't mean he isn't usually sound.

A vale fan who scored 33 goals in one season and physically dragged us, starting with that Cheltenham home game at Easter, to automatic promotion wouldn't be in your top 10? Really?

He's been a weapon tonight. Doesn't mean he isn't usually sound.

Certainly would not be in the top ten i can assure you of that my friend.

Pope and Aspin both have said in the past about how players these days are a different breed, unable to handle bollockings and they have to be treated with kid gloves. Suggesting 'it were all different in my day when men were men's kinda thing.

Ironic really both men have reacted badly to criticism themselves. Both have whined like babies, labelling it 'abuse'. Now who are the real snowflakes here? Should the dugout be a 'safe space'?

As I have previously stated I think that many people forget that the current state of the club probably frustrates Pope just as much as it does us and he's there day in and day out I am not in anyway saying that it should therefore be excused by I can see why a comment like 'we aren't doing very well' or 'we need more goals in the onion bag' would get to him.

Pope is the best player we have by a mile. Get off his back. People who give it out (verbally or on social media) can expect to get some back.

These are tough times at the Vale. We should all be channelling our anger and frustration at the person who is responsible for the shambles. Enough is enough. Get out of our club.

Following on from Neil Aspin's comments about getting 'abused' on Boxing Day, our captain Tom Pope responded tweets (since deleted) on social media saying 'you need to stop writing Sentinel articles and put more goals in the onion bag' with:

"My turn is it? 3 games without a goal Pope is **** again! I’ve not been here before have I? �������� go eat **** and if you’re offended go eat a big massive pile of ****! #******"

When the same fan responded with "nice way to talk to your fans", Tom responded:

"You are doing my ******* head in! You keep replying to my comments because you’re offended because they are aimed at you! You’re a <ovf censored>, a fan that can’t be pleased, a fan that would rather abuse than congratulate! Go eat **** you bell I’ve seen you long enough"

Can anyone really justify these comments as 'giving it back, as he should, the right proper lad"? Massive overreaction from Pope imo.

In my eyes, comments like the ones from the fan, whilst a bit silly, cannot be constituted as abuse, and yet Tom has responded with vitriolic language, claiming he needs to 'prove the haters wrong', despite no one seemingly hating him and Vale fans simply asking him previously why we aren't playing very well.

Loads will think its 'class' that Pope is showing passhun and dedicashun to the cause by calling a fan a <ovf censored>, but really I'd much prefer him to show it by motivating the squad and improving results, as opposed to abusing a fan on the internet.

It simply intrigues me that both Pope and Aspin seem to be labelling criticism as 'abuse', and people are lapping it up. Its almost a politician's ploy; frame any criticism of us as 'personal abuse' and get them to stop. To hear that Nogan and Pugh gave a mouthful to fans on Boxing Day only reinforces a certain 'us vs them' mentality that seems to permeate the club. Can anyone detail the actual comments made to the dugout? Were they personal abuse that would justify swearing in front of children, or was it simple criticism of the obvious poor job the management team are doing?

I'll be derided as a sensitive do-gooder but personally I don't think a club captain of a club haemorrghing fans should really be on twitter calling a fan (who claimed he's writing too many columns") a bell-end, a ******, and told to 'eat ****'. Imagine following Pope, as a neutral. You'd hardly be convinced to come to the thought "Vale sounds like an ideal place to take my little lad".

Exchanges like the above erode what little care I had left for Port Vale in its current iteration. Pope hasn't been abused, sworn at, personally criticised, receiving one fairly silly comment from one fan, and has been at it on Twitter all night, claiming football has 'ups and downs'. He conspicuously fails to respond to comments we've won 9 in 46 this year.

I'm sure to be in the minority as all Pope says and does is worshipped. He's a legend, and a fantastic player we're indebted to, but actions like tonight sort of kill of any connection I thought I had with this squad.

The club is completely rotten; we really need big change soon. This sort of interactions are symptomatic of the state we are in; divided, without hope, and a disconnect from fans to players.

Pathetic thread. No one should be abused full stop.

If admin are any good on here then this thread will be shut down as all it’s doing is stirring up Ill feeling.

Not justifying what’s going on just saying that it should be left alone. Over reactions from both VALE fans in the heat of the moment.

Archived