onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We Need To Talk About Norman

Santa

Advert

Don't forget:

Port Vale won two matches during the second half of last season and avoided relegation to the conference by one point.

What was Smurthwaite's priority during the close season? Was it rebuilding the football club to try to get back into League One?

Was it balls. He tried to build a pub on the Railway Stand car park. Then he bought someone else's football stadium 60 miles away.

The only trouble with the latter was that as a job lot he ended up buying the tenants that came with it, until he could offload them on the quiet before anyone found out he'd broken Football League rules. That's how much of a toss he gives.

Don't forget:

Port Vale won two matches during the second half of last season and avoided relegation to the conference by one point.

What was Smurthwaite's priority during the close season? Was it rebuilding the football club to try to get back into League One?

Was it balls. He tried to build a pub on the Railway Stand car park. Then he bought someone else's football stadium 60 miles away.

The only trouble with the latter was that as a job lot he ended up buying the tenants that came with it, until he could offload them on the quiet before anyone found out he'd broken Football League rules. That's how much of a toss he gives.

Well said.

There's loads of people who don't dare criticising Norm.

A lady broke down in tears at a Supporters' Club Meeting as she felt people were being mean to him.

I had a rigorous, intellectual debate with a man over the merits of booing the team on Boxing Day.

Down the road we've got fans kicking off at a draw against Bolton and being 11th in the Championship.

Here we have people who 'come to get behind the lads' and see their sole role as a supporter as being a passive consumer of whatever turgid fare Norm chooses to serve up that season, whether it be Bruno, Brown, or Aspo, in his ongoing efforts to cheat the system and cream off as much funds as he can whilst simultaneously achieving success, which he doesn't seem to realise the inherent problems of.

Fundamentally we can all come on the internet and moan about it all, but unless Vale fans stop being apathetic cardboard cutouts then we can kiss goodbye to any prospect of success, and probably start welcoming the inevitable descent to depths far lower this football club has ever experienced.

I don't know what has happened, but in recent times Vale fans have becoming accepting, bordering on welcoming, of *****. Whether it be some form of tinpot one-upmanship, almost gloating about how things have gotten "but I'll still be there, rain or shine, with me Bovril, as I 'av been for 54 years", or whether its deep-rooted lack of ambition, I don't know.

I keep coming on here to ramble about this theme but its really got me down about the Vale in recent years; we deserve, and can achieve, so much more, but until people are willing to unite and vocalise their grievances, we're ******.

Beauty of it is, Norm has rayt backed himself into a corner with this 400k chat.

He now has a direct choice; give the money to a man who has lost the support of the fans and probably Norm himself, or sack him and give it to someone else, or withhold the funds.

None of the three are particularly enticing options for him. Trouble is, whatever he chooses to do will have me worrying because the bloke has literally made zero correct decisions as owner of the club.

Beauty of it is, Norm has rayt backed himself into a corner with this 400k chat.

He now has a direct choice; give the money to a man who has lost the support of the fans and probably Norm himself, or sack him and give it to someone else, or withhold the funds.

None of the three are particularly enticing options for him. Trouble is, whatever he chooses to do will have me worrying because the bloke has literally made zero correct decisions as owner of the club.

One thing for certain, whatever decision he makes will be made in an attempt to benefit Norman Smurthwaite rather than the Vale!

There's loads of people who don't dare criticising Norm.

A lady broke down in tears at a Supporters' Club Meeting as she felt people were being mean to him.

I had a rigorous, intellectual debate with a man over the merits of booing the team on Boxing Day.

Down the road we've got fans kicking off at a draw against Bolton and being 11th in the Championship.

Here we have people who 'come to get behind the lads' and see their sole role as a supporter as being a passive consumer of whatever turgid fare Norm chooses to serve up that season, whether it be Bruno, Brown, or Aspo, in his ongoing efforts to cheat the system and cream off as much funds as he can whilst simultaneously achieving success, which he doesn't seem to realise the inherent problems of.

Fundamentally we can all come on the internet and moan about it all, but unless Vale fans stop being apathetic cardboard cutouts then we can kiss goodbye to any prospect of success, and probably start welcoming the inevitable descent to depths far lower this football club has ever experienced.

I don't know what has happened, but in recent times Vale fans have becoming accepting, bordering on welcoming, of *****. Whether it be some form of tinpot one-upmanship, almost gloating about how things have gotten "but I'll still be there, rain or shine, with me Bovril, as I 'av been for 54 years", or whether its deep-rooted lack of ambition, I don't know.

I keep coming on here to ramble about this theme but its really got me down about the Vale in recent years; we deserve, and can achieve, so much more, but until people are willing to unite and vocalise their grievances, we're ******.

There is talk of Stoke fans storming the directors box again just because they lost to Birmingham and don't like the fact Coates employed Rowlett. Compared to Vale fans who have suddenly become like Crewe fans and accept no ambition.

We need to find out what percentage of the shrinking fanbase are prepared to take action by demonstrations and if necessary boycotting games (that won't be a problem for me the way we are performing of late).

The blame is all down to one rotten owner and though the present manager is struggling big time it was the owner who appointed him and the previous two people to sit in the managers chair because that is all they do because of the massive restrictions put upon them by the horror who currently owns the Club they aren't really allowed to manage as they should.

The photo of him enjoying himself with his 'mentor' Oyston the man who is ruining Blackpool made me very, very angry. He couldn't give a toss for Port Vale

Archived