onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pay Aspin off and get Ainsworth in

whotobeakiller

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite will not pay for a decent manager (not that Ainsworth would even consider coming)

It'll be Askey; cheap, non-league, a punt.

The sooner people accept that we're terminally finished with this owner, and give up hope, the sooner they'll be a lot happier. Its worked wonders for me.

The fact of the matter is that Norman has continually grossly underinvested in the role of Manager of Port Vale football club.

Aspin is out of his depth and he by his own admission didn’t leave his NONE LEGUE job for the money as he isn’t on a good salary.

Norman will continue to syphon off any sporadic cash from the club and underinvest where he can to reduce his directors loan. He will do this until his loan stands at the actual value of the club (rather than his mental valuation based on what he has put in).

Then he will make a decision... if he feel he can keep syphoning off more cash by selling more youth team players or generating ‘none disclosure’ fees, then he will. If however he thinks the well is dry he will sell the club.

Then he will tell everyone who will listen “I never lose on a deal” and will look his family in the face and persuade them he did the right thing. The fact that he has destroyed an institution loved by thousands of people won’t even cross his mind.

Aspin should go.... But it will be like putting a plaster on gun shot wound.

Norman will still be in charge, and he still has ZERO idea on how to be a successful owner.

Norman is ruining this club.

The fact of the matter is that Norman has continually grossly underinvested in the role of Manager of Port Vale football club.

Aspin is out of his depth and he by his own admission didn’t leave his NONE LEGUE job for the money as he isn’t Ona good salary.

Norman will continue to symphony off any sporadic cash from the club and underinvest where he can to reduce his directors loan. He will do this until his loan stands at the actual value of the club (rather than his mental valuation based on what he has put in).

Then he will make a decision... if he feel he can keep syphoning off more cash by selling more youth team players or generating ‘none disclosure’ fees, then he will. If however he thinks the well is dry he will sell the club.

Then he will tell everyone who will listen “I never lose on a deal” and will look his family in the face and persuade them he did the right thing. The fact that he has destroyed an institution loved by thousands of people won’t even cross his mind.

Aspin should go.... But it will be like putting a plaster on gun shot wound.

Norman will still be in charge, and he still has ZERO idea on how to be a successful owner.

Norman is ruining this club.

See, you could tie 75% of our fanbase to a chair and feed this excellent post into their eyes, Clockwork Orange-style, and apathy will override any negative feelings as they feel it is their duty to stand by whatever current incumbents, however incompetent, inhabit their club.

Stoke are kicking off at being 4 points off 6th in the second tier. I got told off for booing on Boxing Day. There's a reason they've been monumentally more successful (bar money); their fans don't passively accept rubbish, as our fans, in a weird form of self-flagellation, love to do. You've got to 'get behind' the players, manager, chairman, even if they're terminally damaging the club. Its a weird mentality, but its a plague at Vale Park.

Massive rant from me but the fans' mentality has to change if we want to be back to the glory days. I fear its too late to ever hope for days like the 90s, and now its a case for surviving for survivals sake, existence for its own sake.

Stoke are kicking off at being 4 points off 6th in the second tier. I got told off for booing on Boxing Day. There's a reason they've been monumentally more successful (bar money); their fans don't passively accept rubbish, as our fans, in a weird form of self-flagellation, love to do. You've got to 'get behind' the players, manager, chairman, even if they're terminally damaging the club. Its a weird mentality, but its a plague at Vale Park.

True but I think our tolerance is because Aspin is a playing legend.

Gannon left after effectively being hounded out and was given grief I’d seldom seen at a Football Club.

True but I think our tolerance is because Aspin is a playing legend.

Gannon left after effectively being hounded out and was given grief I’d seldom seen at a Football Club.

Why can't we kick off at the chairman?

How bad do things need to be, for how long, before any form of anti-Norman sentiment is formulated?

Archived