onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of confidence

smithie

I can support Aspin and Rudge because I believe they have the club at heart. I hope Aspin can get the team into a promotion challenge next season. That would be excellent management objectively (ignore the artsy stuff).

But to do that he needs to transcend to be a manager who has drilled the team in attack and defence.

I know what I want having watched Liverpool live several times in 2018 and it doesn't need the highest level of player to do much of what I saw.

Lincoln are an example of a well drilled team at our level.

Up the Aspo!

Advert

Look how many formations we’ve tried over the season. Look how many players are / have been playing out of position. I know it’s subjective but why have some players been given so many chances after some arguably consistnetly poor performances and others been ostracised for very little? Some of the team selections have been baffling over the season and it’s looked like a wild stab in the dark to see what sticks and hope it works. Do we even work in the week on a formation and drill the players in their roles constantly and the jobs they should be doing? I’d say not. At this stage of the season we should know our roles and jobs and how we intend to play. Lincoln look a good example of that.

Aspin is only surviving because there is so much more hate for the blue owner. No one in their right, sane mind can accept the bile and horrendous team selections, tactics or performances that Aspin has subjected to us home and away. I wanted Aspin to be successful but boy oh boy he's bored the pants off my bank account and passion for Port Vale. I love my Club and it seriously hurts me to criticise anything Port Vale but a human being can only take so much Shyite. Sorry all you other die hards that I loved being one of but my heart has been severely damaged by the complete lack of leadership, either from the big blue loony or the folickly challenged manager. Neither of them give me any optimism in my Club. Vale are on a very damaging downward slide with the two of them. Someone please step forward and pay the required amount to oust these jokers and start to achieve pride back again into a lifelong, in my blood, love of mine. I remain a Valiant but can at present admit that my 2 season ticket seats will remain vacant until the lunatics running the Club have vacated the asylum.

We are in an awful run of form at the moment but what are we going to achieve by looking for our 4th manager in as many years, Neil has brought in a lot better player, I’m sure he can get the playing again, what we need is a period of stability.....

Yeah, we should have stuck with Gannon. You can't sack managers just because they go a calendar year in awful form. Give them five years before you judge them. If we're still in existence in 2023 then we can review Aspin's tenure then.

Yeah, we should have stuck with Gannon. You can't sack managers just because they go a calendar year in awful form. Give them five years before you judge them. If we're still in existence in 2023 then we can review Aspin's tenure then.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic...

We are becoming a team of losers. Lose to Lincoln on Tuesday and it will be the third time this season we will have lost three on the trot late August,early October and now. We have only won two on the trot once Sept:Northampton and Crewe.

Hartlepool, Torquay, Southport and Chesterfield became teams that lost games and where are they now?

Archived