onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence

Emile

Do you want Neil Aspin to continue as Manager of Port Vale?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Neil Aspin to continue as Manager of Port Vale?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

Got to the point now where I don't care for the result, as people have said.

Me and my mate have reached a point of sado-masochism where we're quite intrigued to see how anarchic the club can become. Testing how far things have to fall before people actually start kicking off. We aren't bothered when we lose anymore, its simply another step down the ladder we've been descending for the last 3 years.

Northern Premier Division 1, Leek Town away on a Tuesday Night, Norm into his 5th season as manager. Vale fall to a 2-0 defeat, but the players are applauded off for their efforts.

Its worrying and sad but I've completely given up any hope of things improving at the club. I get through each game with indifference compounded by an intrigue as to how shambolic Port Vale has to become before the fans say "enough is enough". So far, Saturday's booing and 'boring boring Vale' chants is the extent of revolt. Looking forward to reports from the inevitable drubbing at Lincoln away.

Really bad times, this. As bad as I've known it personally.

Yes it is. I continue to attend. I have stayed off this site for three months because of poisonous responses.

My please Neil please go thread in October was met with abuse.

My warnings about smurf the month after promotion were met with vile abuse from short sighted supporters ( you know who you are) who loved the smurf at that time.

What was a real pleasure in my life especially at Christmas was a pint or two in town the anticipation and excitement of queuing outside the railway. The cold, the smell shouting when the team ran out, hoping preying, they may have spent five million but we have effort desire we are Port Vale.

That is gone after fourth five years I feel the need to support the club.

To be honest I would prefer to just give my money and not go. Like sponsoring a tiger at a zoo.

Thank you Norman Smurthwaite.

Thank you Neil Aspin

No progress at all, the only reason we have as many points as last season is we have a good goalkeeper now. The ground is worse, gates are down, no sign of Smurf ******* off, Pope is a year older, more and more fans are wanting the manager out. I can’t see when or where the club is going to have an up turn.

No progress at all, the only reason we have as many points as last season is we have a good goalkeeper now. The ground is worse, gates are down, no sign of Smurf ******* off, Pope is a year older, more and more fans are wanting the manager out. I can’t see when or where the club is going to have an up turn.

Not to mention the kit supplier debacle... really did our homework on that one...

After 36 years of supporting the club home and away, I haven’t been to a game for around 13 months now and sadly I haven’t missed it one bit. Aspins tactics, selections and style of play were the final straw for me. Every area of the club is a weak shadow of everything that originally had me hooked at PVFC. I sincerely hope for the fans that do still go, that things improve, but things look to be going only one way at this club. Such a sad situation.
Good post, sums up a lot of fans feelings. If we had a reasonable owner and a credible manager Vale could again be a happy place to spend ones time at. Support would come back and we would see smiles on faces but alas at present all is glum and so predictably boring and turgid to watch. It's on a par with visiting the cemetery.

He SHOULD keep his job, how many times do we have to change our manager when we hit a sticky patch and results dont go our way...

9 wins is it in 45 games? no home win since October, 44 goals scored its not a sticky patch its a downward trend and one that doesnt seem to have an end in sight.

He SHOULD keep his job, how many times do we have to change our manager when we hit a sticky patch and results dont go our way...
If he keeps his job and we end up getting relegated at least he will be managing at his true level.

The reason he should go is not just about results. It's because it appears he hasn't got a clue what he is doing and he is out of his depth.

Archived