onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Contract Renewals

Walka003

If the club has any sense and ambitions then it is imperative that our best players are signed on extended deals.

Neil Aspin has started to show that either him of Rudgey still have an eye for a good player.

One thing is for sure I wouldn't swap any of our young players most of whom are in their maiden season in League football for the 'super stars' down the road at the 365 or whatever they call it these days!

Advert

According to wikipedia Tom Pope's contract is up at the end of this season. When he re-signed from Bury he was released from his contract which probably meant that Bury paid him a lump sum in lieu of his contract or they helped to pay his salary for the two year contract he had with us. If I am right it would be interesting how the chairman will see his value for his next deal.

Do the contract business in the summer, it’s all a bit of a distraction at this time and I don’t see anyone coming in for these lads in January.

Hope you're right. The problem is quite a few clubs will be desperate to avoid relegation or get promotion and there won't be many clubs to go to who will be willing to sell. My worry is that Norman may just see this as the opportunity for a few profitable sales. On balance I'd like to see us tie up the likes of Manny, Conlon, Rawlinson, Vassell and Hannant before someone makes an unexpected bid.

According to wikipedia Tom Pope's contract is up at the end of this season. When he re-signed from Bury he was released from his contract which probably meant that Bury paid him a lump sum in lieu of his contract or they helped to pay his salary for the two year contract he had with us. If I am right it would be interesting how the chairman will see his value for his next deal.

I would offer him a coaching role as well in a new contract offer,we have to keep him at the club

FFs give it a rest! Long gone...get over it! He did, by the way...but then we couldn't keep hold of AJLS!

I hope this isn't a serious comparison between Popey and AJLS. Popey has a ratio of one goal every 3.5 games with AJ a long way behind with one goal every five games (actually slightly worse than that). The reason Norman's actions rankle so much with Vale supporters is that if we'd had Tom for our relegation season, the chances are we'd have stayed up.

So it's going to take a long time, if not forever, for that little gem about the same quality for half the wages to be forgotten.

I hope this isn't a serious comparison between Popey and AJLS. Popey has a ratio of one goal every 3.5 games with AJ a long way behind with one goal every five games (actually slightly worse than that). The reason Norman's actions rankle so much with Vale supporters is that if we'd had Tom for our relegation season, the chances are we'd have stayed up.

So it's going to take a long time, if not forever, for that little gem about the same quality for half the wages to be forgotten.

Hope AJLS doesnt improve his ratio this weekend!!

Good news from Vale Park. Contracts are being offered to our players before the end of the season. Did Smurf get hit on the head the other night agreeing to this?

Bet its part of the £40K, sorry £400K transfer money he will provide Aspin and Co to strengthen the squad. You never know with Smurf how much it actually be, even after the event, as it changes depending on the day of the week.

Archived