Due to head cook, bottle washer and laundry duties...

Advert:

4105 please Barry.

Hi Conrad,

I wont be tallying the guesses until the week before the game.

As I was saying to Rob, Mrs AR had hip replacement surgery on Friday 2nd November - coming home Wednesday 7th November. As a general rule hospital stay is up to 2 weeks after hip surgery, but the medical staff placed confidence in yours truly for following through Ann’s rehabilitation at home. She is using crutches around the house with the full mobility prognosis said to be 4 to 6 weeks. As expected, it’s high care for the next two weeks - so it’s softly, softly one day at a time.

As for being chief cook? Ann cooked up a storm and made sure the fridges, freezers and pantries were well stocked with ready to go meals. All I have to do is follow the instructions (fingers crossed).

The garden and other maintenance are on the back-burner for now, but I’ll soon catch-up in time for Christmas. When Ann is resting I check in on onevalefan and clear my emails. Other than that the laundry and other household stuff keep me busy.

I'll post a GTC thread the week before the game :yes:

Advert:

Hi Conrad,

I wont be tallying the guesses until the week before the game.

As I was saying to Rob, Mrs AR had hip replacement surgery on Friday 2nd November - coming home Wednesday 7th November. As a general rule hospital stay is up to 2 weeks after hip surgery, but the medical staff placed confidence in yours truly for following through Ann’s rehabilitation at home. She is using crutches around the house with the full mobility prognosis said to be 4 to 6 weeks. As expected, it’s high care for the next two weeks - so it’s softly, softly one day at a time.

As for being chief cook? Ann cooked up a storm and made sure the fridges, freezers and pantries were well stocked with ready to go meals. All I have to do is follow the instructions (fingers crossed).

The garden and other maintenance are on the back-burner for now, but I’ll soon catch-up in time for Christmas. When Ann is resting I check in on onevalefan and clear my emails. Other than that the laundry and other household stuff keep me busy.

I'll post a GTC thread the week before the game :yes:

Are you sure it was the hospital and not just your mrs who said 2weeks

all the best on her recovery , and remember paper plates , plastic cups cut down the washing up from all those takeaways (-;

Advert:

Just been in a similar position Barry owing to Mrs Heatwave's recent op. Much improved now but I never knew how much like hard work it was - despite her telling me at regular intervals before she went in. :smile:

Best wishes to you both and hope she's up and about soon.

Aup T, the washing machine and dryer are a doddle, it's the bliddy ironing that's the killer :yes:

Tell me about it. I'd never ironed in my life before; now Mrs H won't let me do it because I'm so bad at it - although she said I had improved during the six weeks she was out of action.

Tell me about it. I'd never ironed in my life before; now Mrs H won't let me do it because I'm so bad at it - although she said I had improved during the six weeks she was out of action.

According to Mrs AR I've some way to go before my ironing gets a pass mark :yes: She's promised to give me a few tips when she's up and running again :ohmy:

Advert:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived