onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Extinction Rebellion versus brexit

Valiant62

Advert

V62, Because it just isn't true, another politician inspired mess. These demonstrators are nuts, they truly are barking up the wrong tree. Sad to say this whole nonsense is initially the result of corrupt climate scientists trying to make a name for themselves, falsifying and altering data to suit their agenda and then politicians getting involved looking for a cause to further their careers, eg Al Gore. Even Al Gore has backed down from the notion of Global warming and he was awarded the Nobel Prize for his involvement.

The concept of global warming was changed to Climate Change 'cause their ain't no global warming and the laughable thing is the climate is and has always changed. The largest influence on the variation of the Earth's climate is the big yellow thing called the sun not carbon Dioxide which is only present in the earth's atmosphere in minute quantities, Carbon Dioxide is not even the greenhouse gas most prevalent in the earth's atmosphere, the most prevalent greenhouse "gas" is Water vapor and most of that come from the sea!!

Man isn't even responsible for most of the carbon Dioxide in the atmosphere, it originates from the sea and animals. There is no valid correlation whatsoever between increasing carbon dioxide level and temperature increase, the only correlations in the scientific literature have been shown to be falsified.

What's sad and paradoxical about this whole subject is poor nations who wish to develop are being urged to use wind and solar generated energy to produce electricity but it's 3 times the price of "Fossil fuel" produced electricity and continents like Africa are rich in coal reserves hence their development is being slowed and these demonstators are the very same people who would go apoplectic about that.

I'm all for generating and using new ways to make energy and conserving fossil fuels 'cause they're so important. If Carbon Dioxide levels fall below something like 170 parts per million then life on earth becomes unsustainable. Apols for the rant.

V62, Because it just isn't true, another politician inspired mess. These demonstrators are nuts, they truly are barking up the wrong tree. Sad to say this whole nonsense is initially the result of corrupt climate scientists trying to make a name for themselves, falsifying and altering data to suit their agenda and then politicians getting involved looking for a cause to further their careers, eg Al Gore. Even Al Gore has backed down from the notion of Global warming and he was awarded the Nobel Prize for his involvement.

The concept of global warming was changed to Climate Change 'cause their ain't no global warming and the laughable thing is the climate is and has always changed. The largest influence on the variation of the Earth's climate is the big yellow thing called the sun not carbon Dioxide which is only present in the earth's atmosphere in minute quantities, Carbon Dioxide is not even the greenhouse gas most prevalent in the earth's atmosphere, the most prevalent greenhouse "gas" is Water vapor and most of that come from the sea!!

Man isn't even responsible for most of the carbon Dioxide in the atmosphere, it originates from the sea and animals. There is no valid correlation whatsoever between increasing carbon dioxide level and temperature increase, the only correlations in the scientific literature have been shown to be falsified.

What's sad and paradoxical about this whole subject is poor nations who wish to develop are being urged to use wind and solar generated energy to produce electricity but it's 3 times the price of "Fossil fuel" produced electricity and continents like Africa are rich in coal reserves hence their development is being slowed and these demonstators are the very same people who would go apoplectic about that.

I'm all for generating and using new ways to make energy and conserving fossil fuels 'cause they're so important. If Carbon Dioxide levels fall below something like 170 parts per million then life on earth becomes unsustainable. Apols for the rant.

I'm a scientist (chemist/physicist) with no vested interest in this debate just an understanding of the facts. And what you have written above is firstly garbage, and secondly dangerous garbage if people start actually taking notice of ill informed babble such as this.

Could I ask your credentials to speak with such authority on this subject?

No problems with the “rant”. 97% of the scientists have an agenda though? Seems an odd conspiracy theory. I suppose I’m also interested why you’re so angry. “The mob” were not violent and supported by loads of different spiritual leaders etc.

That is also a misnomer. Believe it or not scientists are normal people doing a job which happens to be science. And in down time doing stuff like following Vale. Not an alien race.

I'm a scientist (chemist/physicist) with no vested interest in this debate just an understanding of the facts. And what you have written above is firstly garbage, and secondly dangerous garbage if people start actually taking notice of ill informed babble such as this.

Could I ask your credentials to speak with such authority on this subject?

Toyah, I have the credentials. Why don't you explain why you think it's babble rather than attack and then we can start to discuss.

Just one of my interests which I've published on;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodward%E2%80%93Hoffmann_rules

Toyah, I have the credentials. Why don't you explain why you think it's babble rather than attack and then we can start to discuss.

Just one of my interests which I've published on;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodward%E2%80%93Hoffmann_rules

There is no valid correlation whatsoever between increasing carbon dioxide level and temperature increase

Factually incorrect. The geological data shows a 100% correlation over a geological time scale of hundreds of millions of years between atmospheric CO2 levels and mean temperature. And the reason is also obvious, CO2 re-relflects infra red back to the surface of the earth.

Increased levels of atmospheric CO2 = increased average temperature is fact not opinion.

But is it part of a natural cycle over the ages, has it been accelerated by mankind? Can it be slowed down or is it too late?

The earths climate has changed over the centuries, but from my limited understanding, such climate change still requires a ‘push’ for want of a better word. The earth doesn’t just decide to warm up, something has to happen to do that. Right now that ‘push’ is coming from humans. One thing that was true though was that poorer countries are unfairly blamed for co2 outputs. China and India are unfairly blamed for having large outputs, but that’s only because they have more people. The biggest per person culprits by a massive margin are the most wealthy countries.

Archived