onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

BBC Radio Joke at it again

Twitters

Advert

A reply from iFollow:

Thank you for contacting iFollow support.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the problems you had been facing trying to access iFollow match content

We are now aware of the issue and it has been investigated. Please note that preventative measures and fixes have been implemented to stop this from happening again.

Kind regards,

Carlos

iFollow Support

and Dennis Smith is the Number One pillock with his biased opinions when on the panel commentating on Stoke games Unfortunately I chose to listen to Stokes game last Saturday and I honestly thought Notts Forest were playing Barcelona listening to the clown. Every time I listen to him he makes me cringe.

Grow up

Grow up
eh up Wezza Ow at? I think you should have a listen to a Stoke game when the said Idiot is putting his drivel on air. I much prefer to listen to a Stoke game when Mike Pejic gives his honest reading on a Stoke game. So matey stop spitting your dummy out and have a listen. I have grown up so why don't you

Dear EMILE

Reference CAS-5180296-QSWLX5

Thank you for contacting us regarding BBC Radio Stoke.

We understand you were disappointed the station chose not to have a post-match phone on a Sunday recently, and we note that you’ve spoke to the station about the reasons for this.

We also note your unhappiness that, more recently, the station only had live commentary of Crewe Alexandra v Shrewsbury Town rather than also covering Walsall v Port Vale.

We appreciate that you were disappointed by these decisions, and we’re sorry to read that you view them as indicative of bias.

Please know that we’ve included your comments in our overnight reports, among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC, ensuring your concerns can be seen quickly by the right people.

Kind regards

Stuart Webb

BBC Complaints Team

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

Dear EMILE

Reference CAS-5180296-QSWLX5

Thank you for contacting us regarding BBC Radio Stoke.

We understand you were disappointed the station chose not to have a post-match phone on a Sunday recently, and we note that you’ve spoke to the station about the reasons for this.

We also note your unhappiness that, more recently, the station only had live commentary of Crewe Alexandra v Shrewsbury Town rather than also covering Walsall v Port Vale.

We appreciate that you were disappointed by these decisions, and we’re sorry to read that you view them as indicative of bias.

Please know that we’ve included your comments in our overnight reports, among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC, ensuring your concerns can be seen quickly by the right people.

Kind regards

Stuart Webb

BBC Complaints Team

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

More than I got from them. I've heard sweet FA.

Finally a reply from the BBC:

Thank you for contacting us regarding BBC Radio Stoke broadcast on 13 November.

I understand you are unhappy the Walsall v Port Vale match wasn’t aired as scheduled.

While the programme information includes this match, it was only for updates, with live commentary coming from the Crewe Alexandra v Shrewsbury.

It’s also worth noting, that at the end of the previous programme, the presenter stated that commentary would be coming from the Crewe Alexandra v Shrewsbury match. We regret any inconvenience if you felt this should have been outlined on the programme page.

Unfortunately, the sport budget isn’t unlimited, and we have prioritised the games in the knock-out phase.

For the remainder of this football season however we will be providing full-match commentary of all Port Vale, Stoke City and Crewe Alexandra first team games regardless of the competition.

We do value your feedback about the programme. All complaints are sent to senior management and in this case BBC Radio Stoke every morning, and I’ve provided your comments on our audience feedback report.

These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback within the BBC and help inform both current and future programming.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards

Anna Sweeney

BBC Complaints Team

Still no explanation as to why commentary wasn't provided though, other than the expected mention of limited budgets - not limited enough, I note, to preclude Crewe being on.

I suppose I couldn't have expected any better from them given their past form.

I understand you are unhappy the Walsall v Port Vale match wasn’t aired as scheduled.

While the programme information includes this match, it was only for updates, with live commentary coming from the Crewe Alexandra v Shrewsbury.

It’s also worth noting, that at the end of the previous programme, the presenter stated that commentary would be coming from the Crewe Alexandra v Shrewsbury match. We regret any inconvenience if you felt this should have been outlined on the programme page.

Unfortunately, the sport budget isn’t unlimited, and we have prioritised the games in the knock-out phase.

For the remainder of this football season however we will be providing full-match commentary of all Port Vale, Stoke City and Crewe Alexandra first team games regardless of the competition.

We do value your feedback about the programme. All complaints are sent to senior management and in this case BBC Radio Stoke every morning, and I’ve provided your comments on our audience feedback report.

These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback within the BBC and help inform both current and future programming.

Kind regards

Anna Sweeney

BBC Complaints Team

Still no explanation as to why commentary wasn't provided though, other than the expected mention of limited budgets - not limited enough, I note, to preclude Crewe being on.

Have you replied that you are not satisfied with there answer.

Kind regards

Anna Sweeney

BBC Complaints Team

Absolutely - and their budget is about to be even smaller if they continue to provide the over-75s with a free licence. The cost is about 20% of their entire budget I believe, so they're desperate to do away with it or change it in some way. Nothing like penalising the elderly especially when almost 400 BBC staff earn over £100k, including over 50 who earn more than the Prime Minister, and the top earners like Chris Evans and Gary Lineker pulling in seven figures (and, shamefully, only one third of their top earners being women).

So with pay practices like these, they'll have more than enough excuses to cut back on their broadcasting even further.

Archived