onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

BBC Radio Joke at it again

Twitters

Advert

Max, part of the excellent media team did a live twitter feed commentary on the game and answered live tweets as fans contacted them. Really good service as well as banter, much better than listeneing to Blakeman and Williams...

Breath of fresh air is Max and his team,just hope he can sort out the the tannoy system as well?

Complaint submitted. We'll see what happens.

Nothing will happen as Radio Sjoke are not bothered. As far as they are concerned it is only Port Vale and as such does not matter. Look at Sunday game. The whistle had just been blown for the end of the match and Paul White was straight on. No summary nothing - bang and thank you.

Andrew perhaps needs to update his letter template after tonight... :whistling:

Contacted him earlier asking about no P&G after the game. In providing the Vale commentary on Sunday we had disrupted 3 other programmes that Radio Stoke listeners usually hear at that time the decision to not have a post match P&G was to minimise the disruption.

So when a match is live on TV why cover that very same match on all 3 frequencies (AM.FM & DAB)?Which is exactly what they have done with Stoke twice recently but P&G was delayed to accommodate for match coverage and was on AFTER the Stoke match ?????

Can't say I'm that fussed. Judging by the attendance figures at our 2 home games in the Checkatrade, not many can get on their high horse that they are missing out on something they are very interested in anyway.

Ask fans of most other clubs in our league how they feel about their team's radio coverage, particularly the likes of Bury, Oldham, Tranmere, Notts County etc who have bigger clubs on their doorstep. As amateurish as RS can be at times, we could be in a lot worse position.

They never cover Stoke games live in this Competetion Melv.

They changed their jingle to match that decision. In that it became "full coverage of every Stoke, Vale Crewe FIRST-TEAM game"

As Stoke field their U21 side in the Checkatrade it isn't their first-team and therefore doesn't need to be covered.

However, that is not the case for Vale and Crewe so if they are to live up to their claim of "EVERY first-team game" they should have offered coverage last night.

Nothing will happen as Radio Sjoke are not bothered. As far as they are concerned it is only Port Vale and as such does not matter. Look at Sunday game. The whistle had just been blown for the end of the match and Paul White was straight on. No summary nothing - bang and thank you.

No doubt you'll be correct. We'll see. So far I've received the standard "receipt of email" and " your complaint will be passed to the relevant department".

I'm pretty angry about this. An explanation and an apology should be given.

No doubt you'll be correct. We'll see. So far I've received the standard "receipt of email" and " your complaint will be passed to the relevant department".

I'm pretty angry about this. An explanation and an apology should be given.

Standard practice.Closed shop.

As a matter of interest, I emailed iFollow to ask them why there was no audio commentary last night and was told that none was available.

I wrote back to them, asking why, as this was an EFL tournament and they're the EFL's preferred supplier, why a commentary wasn't sourced from elsewhere - after all, it's because of the EFL's contractual agreement that we couldn't have listened to the RS commentary online even if it had been available. I'm awaiting a reply and will post it on here IF I get one.

Archived