onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - FAC1 Port Vale v Sunderland

Fosse69

Advert

RS rant over, but they do my head in.

The game itself was decent considering the sleepwalking start, yet again. Can’t believe how many times the ball dropped kindly for them, got me thinking it’s too often to ba a coincidence, but we kept going and deserved better than we ended up with. Pope was superb, along with Legge, Smith, Manny and Whitfield must have covered more miles than any Vale player has for years in a single match. Surely now we can start believing that we are a competent team who can attack and create teams problems in our league. Don’t want to talk about all the ifs and buts, more pleased with the lads response, who gave a very good outfit a real test. Hope Aspin has learned from this, about the capability of the team, disastrous starts notwithstanding. UTV and it’d be nice to keep some of the floaters in attendance today.

This is going against the grain but I actually thought that the ref was very good today. Tried to let the game flow, most 50 50s were judged as just that, and he seemed to get most decisions spot on. Credit where credits due.

The change in formation and the introduction of manny reversed the flow of the game without question. Was it a case of them doing their homework on us or aspo not doing his homework and blindly sticking to a now favoured tactic and set up?

Overall, I was heartened by the performance overall. Manny is a must for at least a 2 year deal now if he'll sign it. If he can stay fit we have an extremely talented footballer

I was proud of Vale this afternoon. It would have been easy to collapse at 2-0 but we didn't a could have got a replay with a decent share of luck re that pen shout.

We will have made six figures from that game so it should be spent on giving Manny an extended contract. He makes a huge difference to our midfield.

The crowd were great today - not just in numbers but in volume. Which reminds me, was there a major hold up on the M6 or something because thousands of Mackems seem to have missed the game??

Enjoyable cup tie in the end. Pope was magnificent all game. Their defence hadn't a clue how to handle him. Smith too was very good and now is looking like the defender we all used to know. Legged again superb in the air. We were done in the 1st 20 minutes again with a customary lethargic start. After that we gave as good as we could have hoped for. Proud to be a Valiant tonight but would have dearly loved to have gone to theirs for a replay. Finally is someone having a joke? 1600 away fans, my backside. There were over 1000 more than that, clear to everyone. Assume Mr Smurthwaite has trousered the balance, if not all the gate receipts? Vale are now starting to look a reasonable unit but we have to start games far more on the front foot.

Given Sunderland normally sell their away ticket allocation it makes me wonder about supply and demand in terms of the size of our ground. If we'd only given them 2000, they'd have probably snapped them up but knowing they had over 4000 meant they could leave it and decide later, then not bother and go and watch it in the local boozer.

Pope was immense first half. Sunderland cottened on to the fact that they could foul him and get away with it after half time.

I was disappointed that we took off Whitfield yet ended the game with the awful Montano.

Whitfield should have stayed on and Joyce, with a booking should have come off.

If not for Manny, for millar. It was a cup game go for it!!!

I was proud of Vale this afternoon. It would have been easy to collapse at 2-0 but we didn't a could have got a replay with a decent share of luck re that pen shout.

We will have made six figures from that game so it should be spent on giving Manny an extended contract. He makes a huge difference to our midfield.

The crowd were great today - not just in numbers but in volume. Which reminds me, was there a major hold up on the M6 or something because thousands of Mackems seem to have missed the game??

The revenue raised from this game will go towards half of Novembers wage bill.

The revenue raised from this game will go towards half of Novembers wage bill.

So what would have happened if we had not drawn Sunderland?

Where's the 600k every 6 months from Hugill going?

Sorry to derail and moan after a largely positive day but we've made a fair wedge today which should go towards an extension for Manny and looking towards creative midfielders/wingers in January. Instead we're told its keeping the club going. Either lies or incompetency.

So what would have happened if we had not drawn Sunderland?

Where's the 600k every 6 months from Hugill going?

Sorry to derail and moan after a largely positive day but we've made a fair wedge today which should go towards an extension for Manny and looking towards creative midfielders/wingers in January. Instead we're told its keeping the club going. Either lies or incompetency.

Lies, surely not! To my knowledge, NS has been quiet lately.

We can't really give a decent side let alone a poor side which we generally come up against a 2 nil lead. Yes we battled hard and were unlucky get a penalty but conceeding after about 40 seconds and conceeding again and going 2 nil down gives you pretty much no chance. Sunderland didn't even play that well today but for me they didn't really need too they knew once they were 2 nil up it was comfortable. We need more players that can score goals as well as we had plenty of chances against both Notts county and Newport at home earlier in the season but didn't take them and ended up with 1 point out of 6 from 2 home games where we should have got 6 points.

Vale were the best supported team in the entire round. We had 5623 Vale fans there this afternoon - no other team had more in the entire first round!
Yes and not a penny of the £100,000 plus from the game will see daylight as far as Port Vale F C are concerned. The Owner will state many reasons why it's already gone. For the sake of my great Club' s future we have to see the back of him before we can actually do anything with our improving squad and optimism.

Archived