onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - FAC1 Port Vale v Sunderland

Fosse69

Advert

Just wondering what vale fans expect from the officials? The ref had a very good game throughout. Let things go, gave pope free kicks the only debatable decision was the penalty. Which I’m not 100% sure was one anyway.

To the game thought other than a horrible first half hour I thought we were excellent. Basically from when manny came on. He pope and legge stood out, Whitfield looked dangerous and Conlon also put a good shift in. Thought we deserved the replay against a very strong outfit but hopefully this will do the lads the world of good in terms of confidence. Can’t see manny being here after this season, he’s not a league 2 player.

It was a stonewall penalty, watch the replay of it. There was no contact with the ball and clear contact with Hannant. If that isn't a penalty I don't know what is. The referee also missed a clear pull back on Manny just before that which should have been a free kick and a yellow card. He also failed to clamp down on the constant time wasting by Sunderland, including a blatent kicking of the ball away in the corner of the away end and Hamil Road.

He was ok, not the worst but made some massive errors which all went against us.

Think you were at a different game, I did think at the time it was a penalty. But other than that the Ref had a good game, he kept a pulsating cup tie flowing and let fouls against both sides go to keep the game an end to end spectacle

It was a stonewall penalty, watch the replay of it. There was no contact with the ball and clear contact with Hannant. If that isn't a penalty I don't know what is. The referee also missed a clear pull back on Manny just before that which should have been a free kick and a yellow card. He also failed to clamp down on the constant time wasting by Sunderland, including a blatent kicking of the ball away in the corner of the away end and Hamil Road.

He was ok, not the worst but made some massive errors which all went against us.

We need that complete ******** as far away from the club as possible.

Your right there Smithie, the problem is I cannot see how he is going to give up his ownership unless anyone would pay his over inflated value for the club and ground. Its depressing to think he will be here for years to come.

I am glad I stayed at home and watched it on the TV now, conceding a goal after 40 seconds would have been worse if I had been there. Just have to hope that we haven't sustained any serious injuries and that the defeat hasn't knocked our fragile confidence again. Hopefully Nathan is OK

It's probably best not to go to any game of football then just in case it happens again.

Your right there Smithie, the problem is I cannot see how he is going to give up his ownership unless anyone would pay his over inflated value for the club and ground. Its depressing to think he will be here for years to come.

Depressing is putting it mildly mate!

The general talk around Lorne street yesterday didn't revolve around a great Cup tie , but simply how most people detest the Owner and how he would trouser the majority of the takings for the day. Seems that quite a few Vale fans still will not attend matches as long as the Blue Guardian is still here.

It's a crying shame that we haven't got someone who can oust Smurf and allow the improving playing squad and fans optimism to really take off.

Think you were at a different game, I did think at the time it was a penalty. But other than that the Ref had a good game, he kept a pulsating cup tie flowing and let fouls against both sides go to keep the game an end to end spectacle

So how was I at a different game? Because I saw a blatently obvious foul on Manny which the referee missed? Or all the timewasting that the referee missed, including the kicking of the ball away in the corner which everyone saw bar the referee it seems? So was I at a different game for those incidents or was the referee?

It is more about the predictability of the game, and the predictability of us weakening in the January transfer window. I am beginning to resent the 5 hours on a Saturday that travel to and from plus the game involves when we are quite often not very good.

Why would we weaken? We may lose Clarke but he isn't ours anyway.

Brilliant effort yesterday.

Again, once we got in amongst them, they became very ordinary.

Pope imperious.

Whitfield very lively again.

Manny made a big difference.

Everyone else made a decent contribution.

Again, very encouraging performance after the slow start.

Coming back from that was a major achievement in itself.

Archived