For Us All

2018 FA Cup - 1st Round - Sunderland at Vale Park

Tough thing about marketing us at the moment is there's not a lot to market. You've got to give folk something to buy into. I don't think lowering prices for a "massive" cup tie will do it.

Marketing initiatives get a lot more inventive when the demand is there. My mate at work is a man city season ticket holder. Their point scheme is ace. Rewards going to the smaller games with building points to get preference on, say, champions league games. Only possible when folks actually want to go and watch.

To market us, we've got to speculate to accumulate. I hear people all the time saying go and support the team, real fans will. That's true to a degree. People like me will. But, I first went to see vale at vale park for the return leg in the league cup vs Liverpool. Lost 1.4

I got hooked after that. The atmosphere was amazing to a 9 year old as it was packed, Liverpool were massive and the team were in the championship. We went down that year but the best years in our history followed. We had a great manager who put a great team out who had players you wanted to go and see and believed in as they shared the enthusiasm and loved the place.

And that was under bill bell!!

Long term plan is needed on the pitch before we can get people back and also if we're to have any chance of attracting new faces.

At the moment it's all a bit bleak with bitty little ideas here and there.

We haven't had any marketing push since the 5000 target stuff. And then we blew that one with a crap team!

Right now, all we need to worry about it getting people in for this game. It's surely our most attractive fixture since Wolves and Coventry the year after we went up.

With a reasonable ticket offer, aggressive promotion of the offer and a couple of league wins to get us up the table this should be a cracking tie.

[quote=eh up nah;83360 My mate at work is a man city season ticket holder. Their point scheme is ace. Rewards going to the smaller games with building points to get preference on, say, champions league games. Only possible when folks actually want to go and watch.

Their Champions League attendances have been consistently poor.

You’re just been daft now. Something like that would involve using imagination, something that’s seriously lacking at Vale.

You do a disservice to the excellent work being done to promote the club. There’s plenty of imagination and creativity. There’s just a lack of leadership.

You do a disservice to the excellent work being done to promote the club. There’s plenty of imagination and creativity. There’s just a lack of leadership.

Really? Besides social media which is free, where else is the club been excellently promoted?

Really? Besides social media which is free, where else is the club been excellently promoted?

Social media might appear to be free, but a lot of imagination and creativity goes into using it. Give credit where it’s due.

Have you an idea, also, what excellent work is done by the team at the Port Vale Foundation?

Been told it's on the Sunday afternoon, 2.30pm kick off but not seen anything official yet.

Live game or potentially the FA Cup show where they show the live highlights.

Live game or potentially the FA Cup show where they show the live highlights.

If you're a fan of Robbie Savage, you might just be in luck.

These are the televised games

Friday 9 November 2018

Haringey Borough v AFC Wimbledon (7.55pm)

Live on BBC Two

Saturday 10 November 2018

Maidenhead United v Portsmouth (12.30pm)

Live on BT Sport 1

Sunday 11 November 2018

Port Vale v Sunderland (2.30pm)

Live on BT Sport 1

Monday 12 November 2018

Hampton & Richmond Borough v Oldham Athletic (7.45pm)

Live on BT Sport 1

Sunday 11 November 2018 First Round Proper

Kick Off No. Home Away

14:30 9 Port Vale VS Sunderland

Live on BT Sport 1

Come on you fans. Now get a ticket and don't stay at home to watch it on BT Sport. UTV.

Come on you fans. Now get a ticket and don't stay at home to watch it on BT Sport. UTV.

This surely calls for £10 in, and cash turnstiles open on the day.

Otherwise they'll have more fans there than us.

Agree with this,money already in the bag,we need everyone back in the park to cheer on the valiants.

Definitely. This is the time to think about the bigger picture. It's a free hit income wise, now that we're guaranteed £75k from TV money. Agree a price with Sunderland asap and look to get as many Vale fans in there as possible. So many benefits from doing so. Better support for the team considering the huge away crowd regardless of price. Put on a good show on live TV, and try to get as many in as possible. Would improve how the club looks to potential sponsors too. Set the price at £10 and push it like mad. Big opportunity here to show his long term commitment to the club.

Not so sure about that. I think the away following will be hit hard by it being on TV, especially on a Sunday. Mind you we have a huge number of fans always looking for reasons/excuses not to attend so you may be right! Surprised that both clubs receive the same - a large part of our fee will be lost in the reduced gate, but Sunderland lose nothing,