For Us All

2018 FA Cup - 1st Round - Sunderland at Vale Park

If the club had anything about them there would be a concerted advertising push and a ticket offer, ala Burton.

Sunderland were in the Prem 18 months ago, the away end will be literally full, its at home.

I beg someone has their head screwed on at the club.

If this as a poorly marketed, £23 a ticket, 9k attendance with 50% away fans, I'll be fuming.

Just realised, it's three home games in a row unless I'm mistaken - Bury, Notts County and Sunderland. That's expensive in the run up to Christmas. Even more reason for the prices to be reduced!

Just realised, it's three home games in a row unless I'm mistaken - Bury, Notts County and Sunderland. That's expensive in the run up to Christmas!

Good for paying the bills... Smurf must be thinking he can prop Nuneaton up for another month...

Just realised, it's three home games in a row unless I'm mistaken - Bury, Notts County and Sunderland. That's expensive in the run up to Christmas. Even more reason for the prices to be reduced!

Then Mansfield away, providing they don't cancel for the international break.

This will be a great tie. We will fill our away end and it should feel like a proper cup tie. Best of all, it is still winnable and they still have a few well known names.

In fact it reminds me what a good league league 1 is. So many big clubs who would have filled our away end with lots of fans and made us money.

Of course Smurf decided to sell our place in that league by selling Anthony Grant and buying loads of cheapo foreign dudes but hey his choice. So 50 or so fans from FGR or Morecambe it is for the rest of the season...

This will be a great tie. We will fill our away end and it should feel like a proper cup tie. Best of all, it is still winnable and they still have a few well known names.

In fact it reminds me what a good league league 1 is. So many big clubs who would have filled our away end with lots of fans and made us money.

Of course Smurf decided to sell our place in that league by selling Anthony Grant and buying loads of cheapo foreign dudes but hey his choice. So 50 or so fans from FGR or Morecambe it is for the rest of the season...

Grant wanted out for a year before we sold him. Obsessed.

It won't be on TV, there are at least half a dozen ties that are more likely to be chosen.

Be like when Leeds were in L1 on TV all the time, huge audience due to Sunderland’s size.

Could we take a loan out, use it to finish the Lorne St stand, add that to the away allocation and let the added revenue pay for itself?

That’s too sensible, probably not enough time though to finish the LS. before the game.

Come on Jean, what do you think of watching Sunderland, or is this one of the very few games even you will not want to attend?

I shall happily attend but will be wearing one of these to avoid contact with the Mackem unwashed.

gas-tight-chemical-suit-500x500.jpg

Edited by Jacko51

I shall happily attend but will be wearing one of these to avoid contact with the Mackem unwashed.

gas-tight-chemical-suit-500x500.jpg

Behave Jean, my great grandad came from Sunderland.