onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

2018 FA Cup - 1st Round - Sunderland at Vale Park

For Us All

I'm going to get slaughtered for this but hey ho here we go - I would not have batted an eyelid if Lorne street as well as Hamil had been given over to Sunderland. I am a season ticket holder x 2 in Lorne Street and if Vale wanted to make money out of this tie I would agree to allowing as many Black Cats in as possible. My gut tells me we will stuggle to have many more than perhaps 5 or 6,000 Vale fans as apathy reigns at Vale. In that case we could have surely sold out Hamil and Lorne Street to Sunderland and housed easily those that wanted to support Vale elsewhere, and made good money.

Advert

I'm going to get slaughtered for this but hey ho here we go - I would not have batted an eyelid if Lorne street as well as Hamil had been given over to Sunderland. I am a season ticket holder x 2 in Lorne Street and if Vale wanted to make money out of this tie I would agree to allowing as many Black Cats in as possible. My gut tells me we will stuggle to have many more than perhaps 5 or 6,000 Vale fans as apathy reigns at Vale. In that case we could have surely sold out Hamil and Lorne Street to Sunderland and housed easily those that wanted to support Vale elsewhere, and made good money.

Not sure the H&S police would allow it?

Im sick of reading about how we shouldn’t have lowered ticket prices and should give Sunderland more tickets in other stands to make more money. After all these years how have you not worked out that Port Vale does not make money, Norman Smurthwaite makes money! **** him. Let the fans sit where they want, get as many VALE fans in as possible and get the Park rocking!

Im sick of reading about how we shouldn’t have lowered ticket prices and should give Sunderland more tickets in other stands to make more money. After all these years how have you not worked out that Port Vale does not make money, Norman Smurthwaite makes money! **** him. Let the fans sit where they want, get as many VALE fans in as possible and get the Park rocking!
Wow! My point was I can't see us selling out our allocation or anything near to it, so why not maximize any income to the Club by allowing as many Sunderland tickets as they want to sell. Any gate receipts have to go through the books so in ANY match at Vale are you suggesting Smurf has all the takings? Ridiculous.

Wow! My point was I can't see us selling out our allocation or anything near to it, so why not maximize any income to the Club by allowing as many Sunderland tickets as they want to sell. Any gate receipts have to go through the books so in ANY match at Vale are you suggesting Smurf has all the takings? Ridiculous.
Wow. So spend a fortune on extra policing instead. I'd rather limit their fans thus maximising our chances of winning. I take your comment on gate receipts but have you never been to a game when the attendance reported appears lower than you thought? I'd further suggest that as ticket sales aren't cash at the turnstiles, that there maybe potential scope for income being diverted should someone deliberately try to. Who'd knowl

Wow. So spend a fortune on extra policing instead. I'd rather limit their fans thus maximising our chances of winning. I take your comment on gate receipts but have you never been to a game when the attendance reported appears lower than you thought? I'd further suggest that as ticket sales aren't cash at the turnstiles, that there maybe potential scope for income being diverted should someone deliberately try to. Who'd knowl
Isn`t the point of tickets a way of avoiding turnstile fiddling, Sunderland will know the number of tickets sold and equivalent cash amount less allowable expenses in the calculation of their %. Assuming tickets are numbered and not blanks.

Isn`t the point of tickets a way of avoiding turnstile fiddling, Sunderland will know the number of tickets sold and equivalent cash amount less allowable expenses in the calculation of their %. Assuming tickets are numbered and not blanks.
No, it just removes the potential issue from the turnstiles to the point of sale. Depends then on whomever has control at point of sale what they do, which I assume is stick it in the books.

If you think about it, i bet there's loads of ways that income can be diverted in businesses where there's cash flying around.

No, it just removes the potential issue from the turnstiles to the point of sale. Depends then on whomever has control at point of sale what they do, which I assume is stick it in the books.

If you think about it, i bet there's loads of ways that income can be diverted in businesses where there's cash flying around.

I would expect there to be a set procedure for FA Cup match receipts in their rule book. What happens elsewhere is their business and the tax man`s.

Once again we fail to take the chance to address all our fans while they're in the ground and plug ticket sales for what is our biggest occasion since Aspo and Rudgey returned to the club.

No upbeat announcements urging people to turn out in numbers, no positive plug about the ticket prices, no effort to pick up post-match sales by keeping the ticket office open after the game.

Are the above not stark-staringly obvious if you're trying to shift as many tickets as possible?

If anyone really thinks we'll get 5000 transactions done before the cup tie they're deluded.

We should start from the premise of making it as easy as possible for people to buy tickets. We don't. The ''marketing and events'' role is reliably pathetic in its lack of effort, imagination and proactivity.

Once again we fail to take the chance to address all our fans while they're in the ground and plug ticket sales for what is our biggest occasion since Aspo and Rudgey returned to the club.

No upbeat announcements urging people to turn out in numbers, no positive plug about the ticket prices, no effort to pick up post-match sales by keeping the ticket office open after the game.

Are the above not stark-staringly obvious if you're trying to shift as many tickets as possible?

If anyone really thinks we'll get 5000 transactions done before the cup tie they're deluded.

We should start from the premise of making it as easy as possible for people to buy tickets. We don't. The ''marketing and events'' role is reliably pathetic in its lack of effort, imagination and proactivity.

Perhaps they will repair the railway PA system and tell us the ticket office is open at the next game? How many people don't know we are playing Sunderland?

Smithie, your dead right. At best what do we seriously think will be ticket sales for Vale fans? That was my point earlier when I felt that the Club(albeit now some on here believe Smurf will pocket the money?!)would benefit financially by allowing the expected hordes of Black Cats to take up as many seats as possible. If we are incapable of getting fans in the stadium, why not get as many away supporters in to boost the coffers?

Even the most cynical of fans who think all monies go straight to Bank of Smurf, does not that reduce the stupid amount of so called directors loans he's having and thus makes a sale of the Club a bit more attractive? After all that is what apparently most of fans want for Vale, don't they?

Archived