onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

2018 FA Cup - 1st Round - Sunderland at Vale Park

For Us All

Advert

Saturday 3pm ,not on TV.

Definitely the best time and day. I think it gets forgotten that TV coverage is for the benefit of the TV companies' schedules, so we'd get ''given'' a crappy Sunday 12.30 kick off or something. These mean the atmosphere is reduced and make it far less of an occasion.

Let's concentrate on striking a ticket price that maximises the financial benefit of this great tie. We've waited years for a decent Cup draw, let's make it pay off.

FA rules, wont allow any reduction on entry fees unless previously agreed with your opponents so really can't see that happening and for once wont be down to chairman. Also, and on the assumption, BBC and BT will both put on at least two games each I think we are certainties to be televised, because though they do indeed tend to favour games that may have a shock factor, hence the amount of NL, certainly lower league teams getting the limelight, this tie has everything, and could arguably have one of, if not the biggest attendance of the round

A truly great draw for the club and us lot, I just hope no-one shows them the Lincoln videos or they will truly be rubbing their hands!!

At this stage it should be non-league v league side so I'm not sure it would be televised. There isn't really much reason to suspect there would be a giant killing based on both sides form this season either, even if it is only League Two v League One. The only thing going for the tie is it's Sunderland playing away so would take a lack of imagination from whoever makes the decision. Great stuff if they do pick this game but I'd be annoyed if I was a fan of one of the non-league sides still on the competition.

great draw looking forward to the game. its the first round of the F.A CUP so smurf and sunderland need to agree to reduce the prices or I cant see there being 5000 at the game never mind 9-10,000 make it £12 for adults and £3 for kids and I think sunderland will fill the away end and you'll get a lot in the home end as well plus stoke are away

At this stage it should be non-league v league side so I'm not sure it would be televised. There isn't really much reason to suspect there would be a giant killing based on both sides form this season either, even if it is only League Two v League One. The only thing going for the tie is it's Sunderland playing away so would take a lack of imagination from whoever makes the decision. Great stuff if they do pick this game but I'd be annoyed if I was a fan of one of the non-league sides still on the competition.

Previous FA Cup winners v FA Cup giant killers.

Haringey v AFC Wimbledon

Maidstone Utd v Macclesfield

Ebbsfleet Utd v Cheltenham Town

Hampton & Richmond Borough v Oldham Athletic

Chorley v Doncaster Rovers

Alfreton Town v Fleetwood Town

Bromley v Peterborough Utd

Met Police v Newport

Guiseley v Cambridge Utd

Chippenham Town or Maidenhead United v Portsmouth

All rightly more likely to be shown than the Vale game.

great draw looking forward to the game. its the first round of the F.A CUP so smurf and sunderland need to agree to reduce the prices or I cant see there being 5000 at the game never mind 9-10,000 make it £12 for adults and £3 for kids and I think sunderland will fill the away end and you'll get a lot in the home end as well plus stoke are away

Kids under 12 are free anyway.

Sunderland will sell out the away end,

Cheap ticket offers are usually done for crap games like Stevenage or Yeovil not glamour ties like Sunderland.

I’d be more concerned about Smurf putting the prices UP for this one.

Haringey v AFC Wimbledon

Maidstone Utd v Macclesfield

Ebbsfleet Utd v Cheltenham Town

Hampton & Richmond Borough v Oldham Athletic

Chorley v Doncaster Rovers

Alfreton Town v Fleetwood Town

Bromley v Peterborough Utd

Met Police v Newport

Guiseley v Cambridge Utd

Chippenham Town or Maidenhead United v Portsmouth

All rightly more likely to be shown than the Vale game.

I'm not so sure, yes they like to cover the non league sides, but they usually cover the big glamorous sides as well - especially if they are away. Even if it is one of the 8 (i think) games covered on the Sunday afternoon, i would be surprised if it wasn't on TV somewhere. So I will get ready to be disappointed, lol. Would also be surprised if prices are reduced vastly as it's such an attractive tye (to us anyway)

Previous FA Cup winners v FA Cup giant killers.

Are you referring to Haringey Borough v Wimbledon, Mansfield Town v Charlton Athletic, Aldershot Town v Bradford City, Bury v Dover Athletic, Walsall v Coventry City, Exeter City v Blackpool or Chippenham Town / Maidenhead United v Portsmouth with that?

If you want to see two former FA Cup winners go at it then why not show Barnsley v Notts County? Also a League One v League Two affair.

Definitely the best time and day. I think it gets forgotten that TV coverage is for the benefit of the TV companies' schedules, so we'd get ''given'' a crappy Sunday 12.30 kick off or something. These mean the atmosphere is reduced and make it far less of an occasion.

Let's concentrate on striking a ticket price that maximises the financial benefit of this great tie. We've waited years for a decent Cup draw, let's make it pay off.

That is the actual day and time we play,smithie.

The Televised games are:

Eastleigh v Swindon Friday Nov 4, live on BBC 2 at 7.55pm

Merstham v Oxford Sat 12.30pm Nov 5 BT

Southport v Fleetwood 7.45pm Mon 7 Nov BT.

Archived