onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Just bought a ticket for Middlesbrough U21s

mattyboy

Didn't go to the Burton checkatrade game last week as I feel teh same about this competition as most fans

But....having trudged out of Vale Park on Saturday feeling about as low as I've ever been as a Vale fan (far far worse than walking out of Fleetwood on the last day 2 seasons ago) I'm hoping this will do me good

I might see a team play with a bit of pride

They might put in a tackle, attack with purpose (God, we may even have some width) and I might, just might enjoy the game, just for what it is, and ignore what the powers to be have done to the competition. And of course I know that the opposition will be (relatively) weak as it'll be a young side they field.

Call it therapy. Similar principle as getting back on your bike once you've fallen off

I bet I'll be the only one there tomorrow night that is only going because of just how awful Saturday was - and writing this I know I send like I should be sectioned, but I hope that I can start to reconcile how I feel about Saturday with my 40 years of supporting this bloody club

By 940pm tomorrow night I might just be on that healing journey - though it'll be along time before anyone forgets of course. If we are crap again and lack any sort of passion, direction, etc etc then I can't imagine where I'll end up

Wish me luck. Any other nutcases out there might just want to try it - £10, is almost a prescription charge after all

Advert

Its a tuesday and Vale dont generally turn up on a tues .

Id play our under 23s they may have something about them and have the ingredient which most football clubs have that do well ,the WILL TO WIN .

The game i saw the other week v MK dons (my one and only game and sorry i just cannot watch that level of non performance no more being lots of no shows ,in last few years ) once the lad from Aldershot went off there was a little to do about nothing it was so poor and abject .

Amongst all them players surely theres some who play the game to win and not just turn up put the shirt on then go through the motions .

Nothing game but after losing 6-2 v last sat this game becomes a chance for those who havent being given a look in to step up and replace them who on the last 3 league game performance levels deserve be given a stint in the reserves or better still a free transfer out the club .

VTID

It is a big opportunity for some of our fringe players to not only make a case for a place in the first team but also a chance to shine in front of the agents who will no doubt be there to poach any potential stars from the Middlesborough youth team...

" fringe players "

Its a chance for the first 11 [ barring injury doubts ]

to play and show everyone that they can do it.

I would play our first eleven without question

It is a big opportunity for some of our fringe players to not only make a case for a place in the first team but also a chance to shine in front of the agents who will no doubt be there to poach any potential stars from the Middlesborough youth team...

And players coming back from injury to get a bit of gametime in the absence of any regular reserve games.

Archived