onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

smurthwaite

RayWalkers40yarder

He ruled out selling up anytime soon when he said preseason he didn't envisage a sale. He also said he's ''numb'' to us now, which is surely his clumsy way of saying he doesn't care any more.

He wanted and expected fawning gratitude from fans, and is bemused we think for ourselves.

We're stuck with this arrogant plonker unfortunately.

I don't know what his aim was in getting involved at Nuneaton but if it was to get himself disliked by two sets of fans rather than just one, he seems to have achieved it.

Advert

I don't know what his aim was in getting involved at Nuneaton but if it was to get himself disliked by two sets of fans rather than just one, he seems to have achieved it.

Because it’s arguably mission accomplished here Jacko. The club is on a fast track to oblivion. Less than 4,000 home fans for a game against the league leaders. Absolutely pathetic. Not selling over 300 tickets for a game at Crewe would have been unheard of a couple of years ago. People have literally had enough, and I have to admit, I’m getting close to that point myself. I was one of about a dozen or so people leaving the Bycars after 50 minutes yesterday, yes just over HALF way through the game. We’ll be luck to break 4,000 for the Bury game.

I should also say, I’m starting to become more convinced that Smurf WANTS us to go out of the League? It would not surprise me if the council veto on any ground sale contained a clause relating only to “league” football being played. Anyone comment on this??

Let’s be honest, we know more about what’s going on at Nuneaton Borough than behind the scenes at Port Vale which, frankly, is outrageous and illustrates further (were it required) how we have an owner who does not give two hoots for the club.

It undeniable that Aspin has made some strange team selections but the real culprit is Smurthwaite. It is he who has forced the manager's hand into buying non league chancers simply because the budget is so poor. Remember what Aspin has been saying for a long time now that no one comes to Port Vale for the money!

In truth the manager has done quite well in recruiting the likes of Scott Brown, Manny, Tom Conlon and Rowlinson (though he is out of position at full back) who along with Mitch Clarke and Legge (though he was awful yesterday)these are the basis of a decent team.

The only 'fly in the ointment' is in the failure in recruiting a winger and another striker to compliment Tom Pope. The reason for this is a simple one in that Mr Money bags only has coppers in those bags and decent front men command £3-5000 in wages.

One thing that was plain as day yesterday and that is folks who suggest leaving Tom out are quite frankly 'off their tree'because if he had been in the team yesterday Lincoln wouldn't have scored six.

M.Adams quote.” Give the fans the manager that they want Norman,Neil Aspin”.

6 months later he pleaded with Norman to sell up.

Anyone defending Norman should be ashamed of themselves. Said it before, and I don't care if it offends, anyone defending him is no fan of Port Vale. They support Norman Smurthwaite, a man clearly destroying the club, to support him is completely unforgivable. Shameful.

I note there wasn’t one of these threads after the Crewe game.

Christ alive, thats football! It papered over cracks. You can't seriously be happy with the way our club has gone since Norman took over can you?

Its bloody depressing, I had a season ticket for a good few years and now i just cant be arsed with it, it's completely soul draining stuff. How long are we meant to just sit around and just accept that this is what we are now? Mid table league 2 "well it's an improvement on last year" tripe!

I'm done with the Vale whilst smurthwaite is around.

6 months later he pleaded with Norman to sell up.

Anyone defending Norman should be ashamed of themselves. Said it before, and I don't care if it offends, anyone defending him is no fan of Port Vale. They support Norman Smurthwaite, a man clearly destroying the club, to support him is completely unforgivable. Shameful.

Just stating fact FST.Werent The Aspo Outers hailing Micky and not Smurthwaite when Aspo and Rudgey were brought in.Only when things start going wrong do we see the blame shifted.When we stiffen Oldham next week who will get the plaudits?It will be ?

Deary, deary me. I despair.

After the Crewe game we hadn't just conceded 6 goals at home for the first time since 1987, coming off our lowest league position in 150 years of history.

Both of the above being a consequence of Norm's gamble with the club a few summers ago, which we are STILL paying for (the fans, that is. Norm's raking it in).

People like you is why I honestly cba trying to fight things. There's too many fans like you.

The players we signed outside of the Football league have been the decision of the manager to take the chance on them.

Its not about paying transfer fees but wages which is where money has been spent. Brown, Legge, Miller, have not come to us playing for pittance.

Decisions on players have not come down to Smurf - this has been the job of Rudgie and Aspo.

I don't disagree with your point about "missing" money but one things for sure Also was given a good budget to work with at this level and we should be competitive- thats my point.

The reason the team has not been competitive is not Smurfs fault.

I thought it was fairly well documented that there is a rigid (and by rigid, pretty sure that means 'low') pay structure in place? They won't be playing for a 'pittance', but please don't make out Vale are paying attractive wages. Even Aspo, a model of diplomacy, has cracked several jokes in interviews about players not coming here for the money.

All this claptrap about competitive budgets. We signed a mix of 30+ year olds at the very tail end of their career (Brown, Legge, Joyce, etc), picked up players who had been released (Conlon, Whitfield, etc), players who we said we didn't want at first but then ended up signing anyway (Dodds), players who are chancers from non league, players from the Welsh league and players who came with a whole heap of baggage from a club that couldn't wait to get shot.

There's a bigger picture here. The club is slowly being ground into the dust.

I'll ask you directly, as you appear to be another un-intelligent fan.

Are you happy with the decline under Normans's stewardship?

Are you happy that we finished 9th in L1 only 4 years ago and now look where we are?

Are you happy we have received £2.4m since Janaury 2017 yet serve up this garbage?

Archived