onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Universal Nightmare

whotobeakiller

With the recent revelations that Esther Mcvey DWP minister on record as saying that families will lose £200 a month and be worst off under the Universal Credit system. Just wondering what others make of this evil scheme that people whom are unlucky enough to find themselves out of work with no savings have to move onto? Many people only waiting four weeks or more before any money is paid into their bank accounts

Many homeless springing up in the Burslem area I see- coinciding with the recent phased roll out for the Stoke Central area from the old benefits system. Lets also not forget many local working age people in part time jobs are supported by Universal credit thus making them work in poverty and susceptible to continuous overdraft charges and pay day loans.

Besides Brexit just wondering what the so called 'Right extremists' that have been painted as such on this website think on this matter. Be interesting to see what the 'liberal left' think on the matter...usually the ones with big 4x4's and holidays a plenty every year. Discuss

Advert

Esther McVey is a horrible woman, she typifies the Tory party to me.

The idea of simplifying the benefits system is a sensible one but the way they're going about it is punitive, on purpose in my opinion as they believe people are unemployed, poor or long term sick because they're lazy.

If it wasn't on purpose they would give people a buffer payment to ensure they live properly until their first payment arrives-not stupid advance loans that need to be paid back. Yes there are lazy people out there but 90% of the UC claimants are in absolute poverty-are they all lazy?? Are they all uneducated? I think not

The Tenants should not receive rent payments through the scheme either -this tempts people to spend the rent. You cannot justify introducing a monthly payment system to fabricate a monthly wages system- wages are wages...benefits are benefits and people cannot afford to wait a month for them. The old system was bad enough. Are the Tories too stupid to realise no one really wants to be on benefits for the sake of it...people want to work people want to live properly in a share and property owning democracy

I help out at a food bank. The benefit system is terrible. Its seems designed to starve people into desperation. I've seen blokes crying when they've had to come to us. Its only going to get worse when this horrible policy is rolled out nationally

If you go shopping and there's a food bank donation box please some something into it,even if its only a tin of soup. Its really needed

I help out at a food bank. The benefit system is terrible. Its seems designed to starve people into desperation. I've seen blokes crying when they've had to come to us. Its only going to get worse when this horrible policy is rolled out nationally

If you go shopping and there's a food bank donation box please some something into it,even if its only a tin of soup. Its really needed

It certainly isn't helping people into work. The old system was perfect...13 weeks you are allowed to chase jobs within your usual field /salary. Now Universal credit does away with all that and what people don't seem to realise is that when you are out of work you are OBLIGED to look for part time work as there is an expectation that Universal Credit would then 'make up the rest'

What about people who get paid weekly and have to budget weekly but have to wait weeks for the rest? The answer is people in that position cannot budget and would end up falling behind with bills etc. That's why people use your foodbank..people who work and cannot budget as the system won't allow them to

The jobcentre used to insist that 40 hours a week employment was the minimum expectation to leave the benefit's system for work...now it has changed and people are expected to pick up any job on any hours or there are sanctions a plenty

It wasn't so long ago you were urging people to vote Conservative. Just waiting to see how you manage to pin this all on immigrants rather than the vile scum who implemented the new system.

I made a protest vote. One that was needed at the time. If it wasn't for UKIP the working class would have no hope on the horizon whatsoever. A big thank you must go to traitor Blair who has opened the floodgates and allowed corporations to keep wages as low as possible. What a traitor he is to the soldiers in Iraq and the working class of the UK

I wouldn't p*** on the Tories if they were on fire

I made a protest vote. One that was needed at the time. If it wasn't for UKIP the working class would have no hope on the horizon whatsoever. A big thank you must go to traitor Blair who has opened the floodgates and allowed corporations to keep wages as low as possible. What a traitor he is to the soldiers in Iraq and the working class of the UK

You'll be alright now with Labour,they want to give everyone under the age of fifty-five £10,000.

Whatever could go wrong?🤔

I don't honestly know how to respond to that. Do/did you actually think that an assorted bunch of fascists and racists were the saviours of the working class? If so, you have a tenuous grasp on reality.

I made a protest vote. I wouldn't p*** on the Tories if they were on fire

You still voted for them. That's the problem with protest votes, you can end up supporting some right clusterfcks.

Did you not think of this when you voted for the tories? They hadn't exactly kept their nasty vindictive policies secret.

Next week: whotobeakiller complains that the turd he's voluntarily chomped on tastes like *****.

Yes if you were a lazy scrounge then it was perfect.

That's a typical stereotypical response from an 'I'm alright Jack' tory. What if you ever needed the welfare system? I'm sure you would be the first to say 'I've paid into the system now I want out'.

What do you say to people who are scraping around for a decent job but does not have the relevant contacts, struggles to find work, and has to wait 6 weeks for any payment from Universal credit nightmare whatsoever? The old system took account of your actual period of unemployment regardless of what you were earning before you became unemployed.

Now, because the benefit is paid in an adjustment period scenario it takes into account any payments you had before you became unemployed and knocks you out of the system thus giving you NIL BENEFIT.

Surely, Tories being on the 'side of working people' -this is not supporting working people and is in fact, Genocide?

Archived