onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Lincoln City

Fosse69

Advert

I'm passionate about Vale and I can take losing a game aslong as we gave it everything but yesterday was unacceptable.
Totally agree. Good though to see you can actually post sensibly without the need to wind people up or use derogatory language. May it long continue. Valiants need to keep together in these rocky times. We are the lifeblood of the Club.

Having slept on it and cooled down I do agree I owe an apology in regard to my post on Aspin, yes I still want him gone from the club but my language used regarding his integrity was over the top so I apologise to anyone this caused offence to.

Incidentally I watched his interview and despite his insane ramblings he also looks like a broken man not sure how he drags the players up from this, this is where we need those big characters in the dressing room.

Well said.

I know this will sound Daft but the same players should be picked for Tuesday nights game they put in a very poor performance for the fans and manager they need to show that they can play football and not sulk because the manager wants them to play in in the wrong place its like the old saying if the manger says go jump in the lake or play on the m6 would they do it if a tactic is wrong you don't keep doing it you change it is that what the captain of the team is for to organise the team. P.S Very good commentary by radio stoke after Mr L Blakeman finished is two spots on the game.

Having listened to Aspo's interview, I am concerned that he seems to be selecting a team based on height and opposition strengths.

Hence the baffling line ups.

What about our strengths?

How does he focus on and develop these?

Can't be very inspiring if you happen to be under 6 feet tall, knowing that you are down the pecking order.

What happened to diversity? :wink:

It is this tendency towards preventing problems that seems to be our undoing.

The times when we have done better are those when we have played to our strengths.

I know there is a balance, but Aspo is getting it badly wrong at the moment.

It's all about how we come back from this now. Hopefully this will be the low point of the season.

We can’t afford any more performances like that and we can’t afford to have team selections like we’ve been seeing either. If I was the owner it would fill me with no confidence whatsoever seeing the manager making some of the selections he does.

I’m even more alarmed Given that interview. Dosent take any blame himself. He needs to walk, I don’t see how you can’t walk after a 6-2 home defeat. Have some decency aspin and move on. There’s been way too many errors this season to come close to being a football league manager. Not even brown made this many errors.

I’m even more alarmed Given that interview. Dosent take any blame himself. He needs to walk, I don’t see how you can’t walk after a 6-2 home defeat. Have some decency aspin and move on. There’s been way too many errors this season to come close to being a football league manager. Not even brown made this many errors.

Come off it,5 goals conceded from set plays,who's fault is that.If I was Aspin id be getting my defence in today to get them practicing how to mark at corners etc.Completely inept performances from defender's we know can play better.

What a shocking state we're in, that was the worst I've seen since we lost 7-1 at Huddersfield in 1979-80. Some of the defending was unacceptable by Sunday pub league standards. I actually predicted the 3rd & 4th goals just before they happened, it was that obvious what was coming. Lincoln's gamesmanship for their 3rd was superb, messed about to upset our childlike concentration even down to the point of the free kick taker waiting until the messing about in the box was over before the secondary assault on concentration by tying his boot laces. Result - goal conceded in the manner of 12 year old schoolboys.

Leaving aside for a moment the debacle on the pitch and thinking from the technical area we need to be careful not to lose sight of the core problem, a certain morbidly obese poor man's Phillip Green who's made disasterous decision after disasterous decision and is now trying to recoup the cost of his mistakes at the risk of the club ceasing to be, which bothers us but is of no importance whatsoever to him.

He's strangling the budget, demonstrated by a couple of things;

rate him as a manager or not I know Aspo's on less money here than he was at Gateshead and Askey was getting more at Macc than we offered! The wages Vale pay must be relatively poor because yesterday's starting line up only had three experienced players who have previously played at this level or above, one being young Nathan Smith, all the others have played 12 games or less at league level and some were out of position. That's too many in the team who're still adjusting or discovering if they're good enough.

Aspin is partly responsible but not wholly, I doubt he'd have done almost all his recruitment from outside the league unless budget dictated. He probably had to spend to get Brown & Legge then had limited ability to get further experienced proven players. I'm sure if the Hugill money were utilised Aspin would have recruited differently. Also, if Aspo goes don't expect a proven manager to be employed, it'll be someone cheap.

We have to be rid of Bibendum's blue brother but the big problem with getting rid of Slimcia (one for the older generation) is he owns the whole club and wants all the money he's wasted back. He doesn't give a toss if the club ceases to exist. What's needed is someone to do a deal with him to aquire the club but maybe let him have the Hugill money as it comes in, painful but at least it would get rid of him. If he hangs on until he's got his money back the club will be a dead duck most probably in non league.

post edited to remove offensive language at end - robf

Come off it,5 goals conceded from set plays,who's fault is that.If I was Aspin id be getting my defence in today to get them practicing how to mark at corners etc.Completely inept performances from defender's we know can play better.

Come off it?!?! Who selected all these bloody defenders? Who’s the manager who is apparently coaching them? Used to be a defender I’d expect much better from a defensive manager than this!! Players take some responsibility yes but someone picks them and has been apparently coaching them. If we picked that 11 every match I’d back us to fail to win a single match.

Archived