onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Lincoln City

Fosse69

You have broken the rules of decency respect, humanity, and you have questioned the integrity of an honourable man. That kind of response has no right to be associated with Port Vale. Few people on this site agree with you and it is time you realised that such destructive, aggressive, and ill informed personal comments will always isolate you from true decent fans of our wonderful club.

You owe an apology to Neil Aspin and to all Port Vale fans for use of this type of language. It, and your attitude, is unacceptable and unwanted.

Well said my man

Advert

I've just listened to Aspin's post match interview and, to be honest, it is very poor listening. Says he won't blame the players then blames them, defends the team selection, and says it would be easy to walk away. Sorry Neil I disagree, it would be a far braver act to walk away and admit you're making mistake after mistake than to stay with the delusion that you're doing the correct thing. He says that, as manager, he is responsible but the interview stinks of passing the buck.

I think Aspin’s the only one genuinely surprised at the result. I posted beforehand that if we conceded early with that team we’d be on the wrong end of a tonking, and so it proved.

What is the fascination of playing players out of position? What was he actually hoping to achieve with that starting line up? Just bonkers.

I expected Lincoln to win today.

I was very disappointed with the team selection that was truly bizarre.

The result was the worst at home that I can recall in my entire 38 or so years of going up the Vale.

I hope we can bounce back quickly with a run of wins against lesser opposition over the coming weeks.

Finally, I think it's time that spineless piece of scum gets out of our fans forum.

Have to agree with that. Very good at what they do and they play to their strengths. No matter what anyone says a player like rhead would be a more that adequate deputy for Pope, and he’d be loved here for what he brings to the team. Today they showed they are perfectly adept at playing 4 at the back as well as 3 when they hammered us earlier in the season. It’s just sour grapes to be slagging them off. They are a club on the up and we aren’t.

Not at all. Clearly much, much better than us. But I just found some of their antics a bit unnecessary.

I think Aspin’s the only one genuinely surprised at the result. I posted beforehand that if we conceded early with that team we’d be on the wrong end of a tonking, and so it proved.

What is the fascination of playing players out of position? What was he actually hoping to achieve with that starting line up? Just bonkers.

Even with the injuries we have there is still no excuse to do what he did today. I just don’t understand what their thinking is.

Cheltenham 5-1, Cambridge 5-0, Lincoln 6-2. We keep getting humiliated and we, the fans, are those who have to take the jibes on Monday morning. The players can 'hurt' all they want but bar Popey and the local lads it isn't the same.

We can say what we want about Michael Brown but even with a team destined for relegation AND the worst Vale side in living memory, he never put up defeats like these on a semi regular basis.

Its not even like these defeats were to teams in higher divisions; all to teams at our level, the worst professional football level in English football.

I didn't even include the 4-0 to Lincoln in the cup, or 4-0 to Mansfield. We have a habit of absolutely crumbling under Aspin.

Considering we usually set up in a conservative manner, and we are little more than diabolical going forward, its hard to justify this relationship going any further, both for Neil's personal sake and for Port Vale's.

Nothing will change. We may just get a win in the next few games to paper over the obvious cracks but Aspin will NOT change HIS philosophy. He can't. He is not a league manager. He cannot understand tactics. His selections will continue to bewilder everyone, including the players themselves. He just is not right for the post. Smashing bloke that he may have been, and a terrific player and servant for us, BUT totally and utterly out of his depths here. If he is a gentleman and loves Vale he must recognise now that his management is driving fans away and his pathetic excuses have worn too thin now. Please, please Neil see the bigger picture.... leave us whilst there is sufficient time for our great club to save ourselves. Stay any longer and you will have the death rites of Port Vale on your epitaph.

Mr Ferns, it's you who is the coward, sitting behind you keyboard abusing people anonymously. Can I suggest you go down to the training ground on Monday and tell Aspin to his face what you've said on here. Don't worry - I'll have an ambulance on standby for you.

Just listened to Neil's interview. There was nothing of the fire and brimstone, no inspirational overtones..just seemingly a resignation to the facts (no error in use of the word)! There seemed to be no fight in his belly....can't help feeling he is just delaying inevitable..much as I want to be proven wrong....nothing in his interviews shows the battling player he was for the Vale....and how he can instil this in the set of players he has brought in...just seems to be going through the motions of a season, one game at a time...

Not at all. Clearly much, much better than us. But I just found some of their antics a bit unnecessary.

I see what you’re saying but is it really any different to watching Miller diving around every week? TBH having watched the highlights back I think Brown does catch their player first half, not a peno though, just a coming together.

I see what you’re saying but is it really any different to watching Miller diving around every week? TBH having watched the highlights back I think Brown does catch their player first half, not a peno though, just a coming together.

I couldn’t say, I only saw 5 mins of the 2nd half and don’t think the ball came near Miller in that time.

Just listened to Neil's interview. There was nothing of the fire and brimstone, no inspirational overtones..just seemingly a resignation to the facts (no error in use of the word)! There seemed to be no fight in his belly....can't help feeling he is just delaying inevitable..much as I want to be proven wrong....nothing in his interviews shows the battling player he was for the Vale....and how he can instil this in the set of players he has brought in...just seems to be going through the motions of a season, one game at a time...
Exactly. And us fans have to endure the games home and away of constant drivel, lack of cohesion, etc, etc. How much longer should we have to be subjected to our Club simply going through the motions? We need someone in charge that offers us a glimmer of hope. Sorry, Neil, you are not the one.

Mr Ferns, it's you who is the coward, sitting behind you keyboard abusing people anonymously. Can I suggest you go down to the training ground on Monday and tell Aspin to his face what you've said on here. Don't worry - I'll have an ambulance on standby

Support him as much as u want but I guarantee sooner or later them rose tinted glasses will come off, your trying to convince yourself he's a great manager cus he was a decent player for us but it's time for u to wake up. U probably can't even remember him playing but I can and I loved him but he's the worst manager in our history.

Archived