onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Lincoln City

Fosse69

Advert

Please explain which OVF rule I have broken?

You have broken the rules of decency respect, humanity, and you have questioned the integrity of an honourable man. That kind of response has no right to be associated with Port Vale. Few people on this site agree with you and it is time you realised that such destructive, aggressive, and ill informed personal comments will always isolate you from true decent fans of our wonderful club.

You owe an apology to Neil Aspin and to all Port Vale fans for use of this type of language. It, and your attitude, is unacceptable and unwanted.

You have broken the rules of decency respect, humanity, and you have questioned the integrity of an honourable man. That kind of response has no right to be associated with Port Vale. Few people on this site agree with you and it is time you realised that such destructive, aggressive, and ill informed personal comments will always isolate you from true decent fans of our wonderful club.

You owe an apology to Neil Aspin and to all Port Vale fans for use of this type of language. It, and your attitude, is unacceptable and unwanted.

Time wake up fella

He's probably loving the fact that he has made you respond as such

Absolutely spot on. So pleased to read your comment. Come on MF you need to do the honourable thing and apologise pronto.

Micky Fern should be banned from this Forum. Aspo along with Deano and Foley will always be Vale Legends. To call Aspo scum is out of order. He was a brilliant servant to this club as a player and the joy he gave Vale fans during his time then will probably never be surpassed. He’s also a decent hardworking bloke who cares about this club despite the vitriol coming out of the mouths of Sjokies like Micky Fern. The squad of players we now have in comparison to last season is immeasurably better. Injuries to key players has prevented continuity in the team. In Aspo I trust.

Micky Fern should be banned from this Forum. Aspo along with Deano and Foley will always be Vale Legends. To call Aspo scum is out of order. He was a brilliant servant to this club as a player and the joy he gave Vale fans during his time then will probably never be surpassed. He’s also a decent hardworking bloke who cares about this club despite the vitriol coming out of the mouths of Sjokies like Micky Fern. The squad of players we now have in comparison to last season is immeasurably better. Injuries to key players has prevented continuity in the team. In Aspo I trust.

Jesus wept, so injuries ment Pugh had to play left wing, Clark had to play left wing, Hannant had to play CM, Whitfield had to play upfront? Not to mention Rawlinson again RB, this is just playing players out of position not due to injuries and that only proves the manger either on drugs or clueless.

Mickey, Mickey, Mickey.....Top WUM, you have just lost it all together with the scum post. You were brilliant up until then.....I bet you're sat behind your keyboard going "on bo$$ocks, a step too far...they're onto me". Now just stop and go away.....oh wait, you won't cos you're a genuine fan saying wot others won't.......Richard Cranium

First, I have to say Lincoln were excellent. Yes of course we helped them in every way we could, but on nearly every issue and aspect involved behind being a successful football club they are I am afraid, the polar opposite of us, and that hurts as much as it annoys.

Yes they have plenty of money, but that was earned on the pitch, not just handed to them. They have a chairman that supports the team and management in seemingly, every way ours doesn't, have supporters who travel en mass everywhere to watch them, and in the Cowley brothers have employed a team, who are surely destined for much greater things than Div 2, and don't forget as well, proving that these type of managers are out there, it's not all about money, as before joining Lincoln, was it Braintree or Basildon the pair took to the conference play offs on an absolute shoestring budget?

Oh to have people like that in charge of our lads.

They are big, strong and quick, and okay, play hoof ball a lot of the time (like we don't?), but you can do so with Rhead up front, because, even at about the same sort of age as Popey, he gives them so much more, not only did he hold the ball so well, allowing all his team mates to push up and support him, he also bullied the crap out of us today, and what really wound me up was the amount of times poor old Vassell was left to pick him up instead of someone more senior, bit more cute, taking responsibility.

Equally though, when they are not going long, they also play some really decent football. Everyone appeared to know their job and their responsibilities, with and without the ball and it was just chalk and cheese.

Then look at our team selection and if you can describe them so, the tactics we used, that's of course if you can actually work them out.

Not for the first time, we were beyond shambolic and about as organised as the rush hour traffic in New Deli. CH's at RB, LB as right wingers, centre mid at left wing and wingers up front, leaving, for all his faults, the only forward who at least creates chaos, sitting on the bench. If anyone can explain any of that, or better still justify it, please educate me, as I sure don't get it.

It also I am afraid, highlighted just how inept and or limited, Aspo's tactical nous is without someone in the team for everyone to blast the ball up to, so much so that I am sure if Quigs was fit, he would have been put straight into an already weird team selection, just for that purpose.

6-2 at home is beyond embarrassment it's a total humiliation and whilst I am not one of the 'sack him advocates, and never am with any manager, I do think this performance and the sheer nature of the defeat sort of makes his position untenable, and am sorry, as legendary as he was a player, the time has surely come to admit, that at this level, with the way football has changed since he played, he just isn't flexible enough, and doesn't have either the qualities or man management expertise required to do the job. Walk with your head up rather than wait to be ignominiously pushed would unfortunately be my advise.

Dear oh dear

Lincoln are a well drilled team used to playing together. They offer good aggression and a physical challenge. They take their chances well.

Our team today had only three players in their recognised positions. One was the keeper. We were inept in defence conceding from five set pieces. we never matched them physically. We never closed them down in an organised way leading to tackles. We hoofed the ball predictably up the pitch often finding touch or giving the ball back to them.

Actually I think we have much better players than our league position but today was disgraceful. Manager 50%, Players 50%.

Left at half time today & also against MK Dons. Not done that before this season but with various motorway work on the M5/M6 just not worth hanging around. Glad I left today, still did not enjoy listening to the second half on Radio Stoke on the way home. Don't think we will go down but it is just not that good to watch recently. Season Ticket holder & even I am thinking shall I bother travelling up to Burslem to watch a performance like today.

Jesus wept, so injuries ment Pugh had to play left wing, Clark had to play left wing, Hannant had to play CM, Whitfield had to play upfront? Not to mention Rawlinson again RB, this is just playing players out of position not due to injuries and that only proves the manger either on drugs or clueless.

Where's that apology ?

He's just a troll looking for a reaction and he's got one today so he'll be pleased. No idea why he hasn't been banned by the admins or mods on here. I think he manages to avoid breaking any rules so gets away with it but his intention is just to get a response.

Should have been banned years ago. The guy just comes on here to wind people up. He's a troll and has no place on here. Good riddance.

I can't understand why REP and Bea Smith were banned from here yet this tw@t - a guy who has already been banned under at least 2 other aliases - is still allowed to foul up every thread he posts in. Despite the ongoing issues with his management of the club, Neil Aspin has more dignity and class in his toe nail clippings than this thick, trolling, attention-seeking ****** has or will ever have in his entire body. I have no problem with people having opposing views to myself but, please admins, get rid.

First, I have to say Lincoln were excellent. Yes of course we helped them in every way we could, but on nearly every issue and aspect involved behind being a successful football club they are I am afraid, the polar opposite of us, and that hurts as much as it annoys.

Yes they have plenty of money, but that was earned on the pitch, not just handed to them. They have a chairman that supports the team and management in seemingly, every way ours doesn't, have supporters who travel en mass everywhere to watch them, and in the Cowley brothers have employed a team, who are surely destined for much greater things than Div 2, and don't forget as well, proving that these type of managers are out there, it's not all about money, as before joining Lincoln, was it Braintree or Basildon the pair took to the conference play offs on an absolute shoestring budget?

Oh to have people like that in charge of our lads.

They are big, strong and quick, and okay, play hoof ball a lot of the time (like we don't?), but you can do so with Rhead up front, because, even at about the same sort of age as Popey, he gives them so much more, not only did he hold the ball so well, allowing all his team mates to push up and support him, he also bullied the crap out of us today, and what really wound me up was the amount of times poor old Vassell was left to pick him up instead of someone more senior, bit more cute, taking responsibility.

Equally though, when they are not going long, they also play some really decent football. Everyone appeared to know their job and their responsibilities, with and without the ball and it was just chalk and cheese.

Then look at our team selection and if you can describe them so, the tactics we used, that's of course if you can actually work them out.

Not for the first time, we were beyond shambolic and about as organised as the rush hour traffic in New Deli. CH's at RB, LB as right wingers, centre mid at left wing and wingers up front, leaving, for all his faults, the only forward who at least creates chaos, sitting on the bench. If anyone can explain any of that, or better still justify it, please educate me, as I sure don't get it.

It also I am afraid, highlighted just how inept and or limited, Aspo's tactical nous is without someone in the team for everyone to blast the ball up to, so much so that I am sure if Quigs was fit, he would have been put straight into an already weird team selection, just for that purpose.

6-2 at home is beyond embarrassment it's a total humiliation and whilst I am not one of the 'sack him advocates, and never am with any manager, I do think this performance and the sheer nature of the defeat sort of makes his position untenable, and am sorry, as legendary as he was a player, the time has surely come to admit, that at this level, with the way football has changed since he played, he just isn't flexible enough, and doesn't have either the qualities or man management expertise required to do the job. Walk with your head up rather than wait to be ignominiously pushed would unfortunately be my advise.

Dear oh dear

Brilliant and spot on. Thanks for the memories Neil but you need to walk away.

Archived