onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Lincoln City

Fosse69

Is Aspin walking as Scott Brown is giving a radio chat. Or did not manage to escape the one way chat from Backroom staff for not being at fault.

Aspin is in the dressing room pulling his hair out.Before they all have a post match meeting.

Advert

There isn’t much to be said about that today because everything was there on the pitch to be seen and we probably all guessed how it would go and sure enough it did.

The team selection says it all and I’ve mentioned this a few times going back to last season, Aspin is a manager who panics unnecessarily and seems to make some changes that just aren’t needed. We’ve got some good players out injured, but that’s no excuse for not bringing in near enough like for like and trying to minimise the disruption.

Why wasn’t the back 4 left as it usually is? Why put Clark on the right wing and then to make it worse he went centre mid for the second half! We know exactly what we’ll get from Worrall on the right but we have no idea what Clark will give us. And sure enough he gave us nothing because he’s a full back. It’s not his fault he’s played out of position.

Hannant in centre midfield. Why not leave him on the left and just bring in Kay or hardcastle in to the centre with Conlon? Up front leave miller in and play him with Kanu or Whitfield. IMO Dodds would probably have given us more as a number ten than Whitfield.

With Pugh and Clark on the wings we had no threat whatsoever either.

It just beggars belief that we set up like that against the top side in the division. It’s amateur hour to think we can play players out of position and get away with it against a good side.

I know that in the week we will set up the team shape and work on it in training, but to think we’ll get familiar as a side playing with each other with players out of position within a couple of days is ridiculous. Not just that, players playing in positions that they are just not used to playing compounds the problem.

I’m also going to question what we work on in terms of the oppositions game plan to try and stop what they’re doing.

If Aspin goes tonight then I really wouldn’t be surprised. We look clueless in terms of how we set up and want to play. We look like we have no tactics. We have management who panic at the slightest bad result. How can the players have any confidence in what they’re being asked to do when they’re messed about to such an extent? Plus we’re a quarter of a way through the season and we still don’t seem to have a settled side, formation or way of playing.

If a manager wants to be sacked or force his own resignation then he went about it in the right way today. I just don’t understand what he’s trying to do.

Have to say I’ve defended Aspin but I just can’t get my head around the thinking of last week and today. Yes Pope and Manny are injured but we have forwards and central midfielders available to come in. Why change around the team so drastically? Time for change and a new man at the helm, not a case of expensive manager more a case of a manager who wants to play entertaining football

Utterly shocking result. I thought it would be tough today against a dominant Lincoln side, but I expected better than this. Just embarassing.

We are starting to go backwards from last season and Aspo, as someone so succinctly put it earlier, seems to have lost the plot. The signs are all there: a complete inability to set up the team effectively, players constantly picked out of position, inept tactics, poor game management and, most worrying of all, a set of players who seem unmotivated and disorganised. Looking down the league, I'm trying to console myself that there are other teams worse than us but we will be lucky to survive on this form. Aspin just looks out of his depth.

Where do we go from here? Aspo is in the last chance saloon. Even the Lincoln fans were chanting "getting sacked in the morning" and unless we have an immediate return to winning ways, starting at Oldham next week, Aspo is on really thin ice. It doesn't fill me with confidence because I just can't see it happening. And then we have Norman who, on his own admission, knows nowt about football and who, even if pointed in the right direction, wouldn't pay out for a decent manager like Ferguson or Nolan. If Aspo goes, it would be last man standing but as it stands, there is no one there. Not promising.

Finally, for those that think this has nothing to do with Smurf, just look at Accrington (now in the play off places in L1) or Burton (with Clough as their manager), or dare I say it Lincoln (say no more), all of whom have thrived under competent chairmen. In the past, we would have brushed them aside but now they have left us trailing. Norman's decisions, starting with the sacking of Page, will continue to reverberate around the club for a long, long time. It is everything to do with Smurf and the sooner he's gone the better.

Does anyone else feel the club is terminally finished?

We have no young fans, and an owner killing us which fails to elicit any form of response from the faithful.

We're sleepwalking to oblivion and some fans had the audacity to clap the players off at the end. The rest trudged out in silence, clearly only waiting till 90 as they can't conceive leaving before.

Any normal club wouldn't have stood for these past 3 seasons. We deserve this.

Hang on a minute, your the guy that has critised me for being negative, this is poor form from u or have I been right all this time?

Thank **** Lincoln never got out of second gear.

It’s a good job O’Connor, Akinde and Shackell didn’t play or it would’ve been 10.

The clubs dying and I dread to think where it will be in 5 years.

It’s been like this for three years and you can see how much of a mess the club is in.

I hold no hope for the future of Port Vale FC.

Aspins head as gone, he’s not got a clue. The players are awful bar a couple. Give it till Xmas and we will firmly be in the bottom 4.. 100%..

I don't have time to devote to such decisions but I do wonder if Russel Slade wud be happy work for peanuts instead of the the dole...

Anyone who took you seriously probably gave up with that suggestion. Grimsby fans celebrated through the night when he left, and it was probably why they stayed up. If you're going to be a WUM, at least put a bit of thought into it.

Archived